CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by xisstential »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:36 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 am
Dunno what it is but I have just got this funny feeling that we are going to lose.....
Same here :oops: followed by wins against Doncaster west brom Bate and Brighton..then it'll be all hail le bulbeye the man's a genius :oops:
Dunno so much about WBA, Pulis has his number. I've said it before, any manager with a number of decent players, a bit of savvy and tactical nous will turn a Wenger "led"team over.

There are a lot of people who do not comprehend how bad Wenger actually is. Give him teams that sit permanently in the bottom 8 and he'll get them relegated, I guarantee it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:32 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:36 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 am
Dunno what it is but I have just got this funny feeling that we are going to lose.....
Same here :oops: followed by wins against Doncaster west brom Bate and Brighton..then it'll be all hail le bulbeye the man's a genius :oops:
Dunno so much about WBA, Pulis has his number. I've said it before, any manager with a number of decent players, a bit of savvy and tactical nous will turn a Wenger "led"team over.

There are a lot of people who do not comprehend how bad Wenger actually is. Give him teams that sit permanently in the bottom 8 and he'll get them relegated, I guarantee it.
Wenger will always do well against the nice managers like Eddie Howe but as you say, give him a Pulis or Allardyce in away games especially and they can suss him out no problem at all. Pochettino has well and truly got his number. Even in the first 45 minutes against that pathetic, excuse of a side on Thursday night rough up the nice boys like Wally and Bellerin and you can disrupt our play so easily.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Trouble is, the result tomorrow is irrelevant, such is the extent of the problems at Arsenal.

* If we fluke a win (unlikely) none of us WOBs will suddenly become cheerleaders for the old fraud.
* If we get stuffed (highly likely) the AKBs won't turn on Wenger. (They didn't after the 10-2, the 8-2, the 6-0 or any of the other thrashings so they won't now)
* We've got zero chance of winning the league.
* We're not going to get relegated.
* We'll finish somewhere between 4th & 8th which is about as exciting as watching a repeat of Crossroads.
* No matter which European Competition we qualify for, we have zero chance of winning it.

Arsenal are stale, boring and it is so bloody predictable. Why do we bother any more????

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:50 pm
Trouble is, the result tomorrow is irrelevant, such is the extent of the problems at Arsenal.

* If we fluke a win (unlikely) none of us WOBs will suddenly become cheerleaders for the old fraud.
* If we get stuffed (highly likely) the AKBs won't turn on Wenger. (They didn't after the 10-2, the 8-2, the 6-0 or any of the other thrashings so they won't now)
* We'll finish somewhere between 4th & 8th which is about as exciting as watching a repeat of Crossroads.
* No matter which European Competition we qualify for, we have zero chance of winning it.

Arsenal are stale, boring and it is so bloody predictable. Why do we bother any more????
Indeed which is why I laugh when people cling on to their ST like their life depends on it, things won't change much when Wenger is gone anyway because there is zero investment or ambition from the top.

The only game so far I've seen (on TV) was the 1-0 defeat at Stoke, I will be surprised if I see more than 10 games this season, TV only, as I just cba anymore, if there is literally anything better to do I will sacrifice Arsenal, this is a far cry from 10-15 years ago but no less than the regime of c*nts running the club deserve.

I will be out for lunch during tomorrow's game as well.. might check the score on my phone at the end (maybe), that is the limit of my interest, which I think nicely reflects the limit of Arsene Stanley PLC's ambition.

:roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Everything right there Mark..... it's just the same shit..week in week out...This horrible despot of a man has been allowed to destroy an institution. How the fuck has this been allowed to happen.

I know it comes across as completely irrational but I actually fucking despise this despicable man.

As General said in an earlier post...I do not wish good things for him :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

No lessons have ever been learnt. We will arrogantly turn up and 'play our own game', blindly assuming we are good enough to simply out play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Every time you think maybe Wenger will awaken to the fact this isnt just any other game against any other team, and therefore pick the team to suit, but it never happens. Even if he tried, I dont think he could achieve the balance. Its not that he doesn't do it - its that he doesn't know.

As its been said, tactical astute managers eat Wenger alive. Whilst he has good records against the likes of Roberto Martinez, Eddie Howe and other false 'purists'.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Wilson wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:05 am
No lessons have ever been learnt. We will arrogantly turn up and 'play our own game', blindly assuming we are good enough to simply out play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Every time you think maybe Wenger will awaken to the fact this isnt just any other game against any other team, and therefore pick the team to suit, but it never happens. Even if he tried, I dont think he could achieve the balance. Its not that he doesn't do it - its that he doesn't know.

As its been said, tactical astute managers eat Wenger alive. Whilst he has good records against the likes of Roberto Martinez, Eddie Howe and other false 'purists'.
Exactly.

We all know what's going to happen today. Wenger will not have prepared the team at all. We will not counter any of their players and the way they play.

He will go blindly into the match (like he always does) maybe try and nick a goal here and there (that's if we have any shots at all) whilst Hazard, Fabregas, Morata run rings around our shite defence.

I've got a bad feeling that it will be an onslaught. A very bad feeling.

Who the fuck would get motivated by Wenger anymore? He is so finished it's unbearable.

How could you want to listen to this dribbling old frenchman anymore.

I tell you this bloke will still be calling the shots in his coffin. :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Yes as above posts he is tactically useless proved that over the years....just looking at todays predicted line up with Ramsey and Xaha in front of a poor defence and past it keeper...

How many times over the years have people said we need proper protection in front of that defence....a recognised defence midfielder

They will loose, and the defence will be exposed and Wenger will blame special circumstances or the fourth official

same shit just another day...feel sad for the fans keep turning up hoping for a miracle :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

at least ozil isn't playing

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:48 am
at least ozil isn't playing
Is his finger sore?

Or did Wenger give him another holiday? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But yes very good he's not playing. Soft c***.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Chelsea v Arsenal - matchday has arrived..

Or as I now like to call it "boost my online betting account day" :D :wink:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I have such little confidence in the team, that a 2-1 loss in which we make Chelsea work for it, would be a positive surprise. However, my expectation is a no sweat 2-0 win for Chelsea, with the serious possibility they win by more than 3 goals if we dont put up a fight.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Imagine any other team/Manager going away to the champions, and deciding not to study the opposition, just to concentrate on our own game. Imagine your manager deciding that a tactical adjustment isn't needed, despite an appalling away record against any top team :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I've got a feeling the Old *word censored* will try and be defensive, so as not to get thrashed but still get thrashed anyway.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:19 am
I've got a feeling the Old *word censored* will try and be defensive, so as not to get thrashed but still get thrashed anyway.
Yeah so expect a 2-0 to the Chavs with zero shots on goal for us, as opposed to to a 6-1 if we "play our own game".

:roll: