The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

A11M11

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by A11M11 »

To appease the people that can't see life beyond the institution. Remaining politicians,bankersand billionaire subscribers to the Tory party.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:23 pm
I don't know why Theresa May keeps referring to the EU27 as "our friends"
They fucking hate us :lol:
:lol:
Fuckem!.... :box:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:10 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:01 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:49 am
So hard for a club of 27 to show solidarity and then give a deal to the UK.
Europe is in a little bit of a hole, out of those remaining in the EU, who are the actual cash donors besides Germany, if I were Europe I would say Pay X now and we will give you a two year deal as you make your way!
Terms and conditions should be limited, a border with Ireland is ridiculous, as someone said why should I be bothered over the odd ton of beef finding its way to the other side!
Protectionism and taxation is what Europe is about, the European Superstate!....
slight problem is that the EU is actually booming at the moment - you just don't get to read about it over here :wink:
Try being a little selective and ask the following nations about their boom!

Portugal
Ireland
Italy
Greece
Spain

Nearer to bust perhaps!..... :wink:
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/eco ... -1.3222227
Good to have some good news...

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The EUs reaction or lack there of to the brutality of the National Police in the illegal referendum in Catalonia is telling, if that had happened in a non-EU country the outrage over human rights violations would have been apopleptic but due to the corner the EU leaders have painted themselves into as far as Independence referendums go they've left themselves toothless and looking over their shoulders at other potential seperatist groups agitating for change.

The reaction of the Spanish National Police was over the top immaterial of whether the referndum was illegal or not but the EU has no choice but to support the National government on this. I find that incredibly worrying and it is just another black mark on the EUs integrity for me, and it does not endear me to the Spanish government either :rubchin:

I know most will disagree but the more bully boy tactics i see from the EU in terms of 'negotiations' the more i feel i made the right decision in the way i voted, as far as it goes the EU is telling us what we will do and that is not negotiation but dictatorship and for me there is no mutual friendship on show, they have told the UK what they want and we are expected to agree to it because they have said so.

As an example the whole 100B Euro divorce bill, i have still not had it explained to me how they have come to this figure, ONS says we pay between 13-15B a year, 4.5 on Single Market membership, ignoring the 4.6B returned in arrears from the rebate, that leaves 8.5-10.5B a year we pay in, so there are 5 years left in the budget cycle so a maximum 52.5B we owe them but seeing as for that budget period we would have received payments from the EU or investment in projects and subsidies that amount reduces significantly, so where exactly do they get the 100B Euro figure from.

Just one more thing, Malta's GDP is less than what we pay to the EU a year so exactly how is the club balanced and fair if they receive the same membership benefits as we do?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Amazing how people still don't get it

The EU don't give a fuck about Brexit.
We do because we need them more than they need us. We are totally fucked if we don't get good trade deals with the EU.

We are telling the EU to fuck off - no wonder they don't like it!!
Both the EU and the UK will lose but the UK will end up poorest...

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 pm
The EUs reaction or lack there of to the brutality of the National Police in the illegal referendum in Catalonia is telling, if that had happened in a non-EU country the outrage over human rights violations would have been apopleptic but due to the corner the EU leaders have painted themselves into as far as Independence referendums go they've left themselves toothless and looking over their shoulders at other potential seperatist groups agitating for change.

The reaction of the Spanish National Police was over the top immaterial of whether the referndum was illegal or not but the EU has no choice but to support the National government on this. I find that incredibly worrying and it is just another black mark on the EUs integrity for me, and it does not endear me to the Spanish government either :rubchin:

I know most will disagree but the more bully boy tactics i see from the EU in terms of 'negotiations' the more i feel i made the right decision in the way i voted, as far as it goes the EU is telling us what we will do and that is not negotiation but dictatorship and for me there is no mutual friendship on show, they have told the UK what they want and we are expected to agree to it because they have said so.

As an example the whole 100B Euro divorce bill, i have still not had it explained to me how they have come to this figure, ONS says we pay between 13-15B a year, 4.5 on Single Market membership, ignoring the 4.6B returned in arrears from the rebate, that leaves 8.5-10.5B a year we pay in, so there are 5 years left in the budget cycle so a maximum 52.5B we owe them but seeing as for that budget period we would have received payments from the EU or investment in projects and subsidies that amount reduces significantly, so where exactly do they get the 100B Euro figure from.

Just one more thing, Malta's GDP is less than what we pay to the EU a year so exactly how is the club balanced and fair if they receive the same membership benefits as we do?
The Malta Labour Party under that fat little prick love the EU "Money for Nothing and Merkel for Free"....
Good for your offshore gambling sites!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Amazing how people still don't get it No you don't do you

The EU don't give a fuck about Brexit. Another ludicrous statement ,probably the dumbest one you've made so far and that's hard cos there has been so many .,
]If we leave it wont be long before others go and the whole corrupt stack of cards could come down, the EU Technocrat's ultimate nightmare.
We do because we need them more than they need us. We are totally fucked if we don't get good trade deals with the EU.They need us we need them that's how trade go's

We are telling the EU to fuck off - no wonder they don't like it!!I don't beetroot but so what ?
Both the EU and the UK will lose but the UK will end up poorest...I very much doubt that long term but its an opinion so we wait to see what shakes out of this

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Amazing how people still don't get it No you don't do you

The EU don't give a fuck about Brexit. Another ludicrous statement ,probably the dumbest one you've made so far and that's hard cos there has been so many .,
]If we leave it wont be long before others go and the whole corrupt stack of cards could come down, the EU Technocrat's ultimate nightmare.
We do because we need them more than they need us. We are totally fucked if we don't get good trade deals with the EU.They need us we need them that's how trade go's

We are telling the EU to fuck off - no wonder they don't like it!!I don't beetroot but so what ?
Both the EU and the UK will lose but the UK will end up poorest...I very much doubt that long term but its an opinion so we wait to see what shakes out of this
Rob do u ever read the crap you put in from the papers or just the headlines ???? it said that rents in Dublin are very high and there's a lot of top end bars n restaurant's that bono and his mates can drink in, hardly an indicator of boom time is it .
A property bubble isn't good for the economy as a whole and its fucked Ireland b4 .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Other EU countries will only leave the EU if they see the UK doing well.
That won't happen because the EU won't allow it. Some people call that bullying, well tough. If we decide to go it alone then we have to be able to deal with the big boys. The EU, all 27 of them will gang up on us, but it will be nothing compared to having to deal with India or China.

The problem is this, and the younger generation have spotted it. The world is increasingly inter connected. It is impossible to succeed on your own anymore. That is why Brexit will always be doomed to failure, and why both you and me know that it will never happen.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perhaps it would make more sense to merge this thread with the C***ts thread. :rubchin:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 am
That won't happen because the EU won't allow it. Some people call that bullying, well tough. If we decide to go it alone then we have to be able to deal with the big boys. The EU, all 27 of them will gang up on us, but it will be nothing compared to having to deal with India or China.

The problem is this, and the younger generation have spotted it. The world is increasingly inter connected. It is impossible to succeed on your own anymore. That is why Brexit will always be doomed to failure, and why both you and me know that it will never happen.
er ive been saying this for over a year now !
India and china want to sell us things ,they will have to deal with us !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:31 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 am

er ive been saying this for over a year now !
India and china want to sell us things ,they will have to deal with us !
amazing, actually they already do sell us things :lol:

in a post Brexit world though they will want to trade with the EU more than us though as it is a bigger market...

we also probably better start to teach chinese in our schools if China is the way forward.
you dont do trade deals with China if you dont understand their lingo.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... lic-health
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... ommentsDiv

and by the way anything you read about the NHS and Brexit - the reality will actually be much worse

no doubt Herd and others must have private health care as no one who uses the NHS would be stupid enough to support Brexit

Herd

Post by Herd »

amazing, actually they already do sell us things :lol: Well who have thought that ,thanks for your insight ,I have a pal called Clive who was thinking of forming a company in India , I think Hong Kong might be a good trading post one day too

in a post Brexit world though they will want to trade with the EU more than us though as it is a bigger market... They want to sell to everyone ,cant see too many Germans liking Indian call centers though

we also probably better start to teach chinese in our schools if China is the way forward.
you don't do trade deals with China if you don't understand their lingo. I've been dealing with Chinese countries for 20 years I speak very little Mandarin ,Hokien ,Cantonese or even Teochew but somehow Ive managed it ,whats your experience of business in China I wonder ??

It's impossible to have a talk with you because every single time your pathetic reasoning falls apart you change and deflect onto something else !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am

amazing, actually they already do sell us things :lol: Well who have thought that ,thanks for your insight ,I have a pal called Clive who was thinking of forming a company in India , I think Hong Kong might be a good trading post one day too

in a post Brexit world though they will want to trade with the EU more than us though as it is a bigger market... They want to sell to everyone ,cant see too many Germans liking Indian call centers though

you don't do trade deals with China if you don't understand their lingo. I've been dealing with Chinese countries for 20 years I speak very little Mandarin ,Hokien ,Cantonese or even Teochew but somehow Ive managed it ,whats your experience of business in China I wonder ??

It's impossible to have a talk with you because every single time your pathetic reasoning falls apart you change and deflect onto something else !
well its just your view that my reasoning falls apart.
The combined UK trade with china and the US is less than half that to the EU, so why are we wanting to leave the single market?
And you seriously think we can just strike up trade deals on our own with China just like that??? Deluded or what.

We already have the best trade deals we are going to get, yet it looks like we are going to throw it all away because people like you refuse to accept facts when they are put in front of you. :roll: