As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The greatest story ever told.

https://youtu.be/UmUiHof01l4

Just look at those blokes. Every one of them a true legend of the club.

xisstential

Re: 89

Post by xisstential »

Desire...technical ability...never giving up. ... Words no longer used at AFC

Wenger has introduced...handbrake, lacking sharpness, mentally fatigued, hunger index, leetle niggle, loook, values...........

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

looking at the trailer, it seems more of a step by step recounting with players and GG, not fan oriented as i would have hoped. a part of me feels fever pitch was the definitive look at 1989, not necessarily recounting each game but being able to sum up the emotions of fans as they went through that incredible run of form, the norwich 5-0, the 1-0 at boro, then the wimbledon game where it seemed as though we blew it.

i've seen so many legends from '89 interviewed about that night it's almost as if i can already imagine 75% of this film. needless to say i will watch it anyway :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:41 pm
Desire...technical ability...never giving up. ... Words no longer used at AFC

Wenger has introduced...handbrake, lacking sharpness, mentally fatigued, hunger index, leetle niggle, loook, values...........

.............. special circumstances, leggy, gwate spiwit, leetul beet ............

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Trailer looks amazing cant wait to see it :barscarf:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Nothing in my life has come close to how I felt after Thomas scored. It remains my greatest Arsenal memory and will never be matched.
I have the DVD of this game but hope they have remastered it as seeing it in HD will be mind blowing.
I was thinking Arsenal should do that as every fan should own this match.
It was once in a lifetime stuff.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Still the greatest moment ever. And NOTHING will ever match it or even come close. :barscarf: 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 am
Still the greatest moment ever. And NOTHING will ever match it or even come close. :barscarf: 8)
Totally agree mate

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 am
Totally agree mate
U gotta love that George Graham :barscarf: :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Looking forward to seeing this.
Couple of points on the trailer, why is Wrighty involved and what was Dixon thinking with that scarf?

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Trailer looks great. I've always heard highly on this event!

Would love to dive into more of AFC's historic past

NickF

Post by NickF »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:21 am

Could be the biggest understatement you will read on this forum! :coffeespit: :D
For anyone who was alive at the time, this was the greatest Arsenal moment ever.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:23 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:

Could be the biggest understatement you will read on this forum! :coffeespit: :D
For anyone who was alive at the time, this was the greatest Arsenal moment ever.
undoubtedly and probably impossible to beat.

even if Wenger had continued to win league titles then NOTHING would ever top that night.
hard to explain to people who have grown up thinking that football was invented in 1992 with the introduction of the Premier League.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NickF wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:

maybe the best moment of their life not just Arsenal related

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 pm
NickF wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:

maybe the best moment of their life not just Arsenal related
Amen. 8)

I remember seeing a documentary on 89 a few years ago and Alan Davies said something like "Anfield 89 changed my life, maybe even saved my life". Now obviously he wasn't being literal but I kinda felt the same at the time. It was a real crossroads moment in our history. It had looked like we would blow our best chance of winning the title in 18 years, the poxy media were already hinting that the rot had set in and GG was going to leave or be sacked or break the team up etc etc and I think there was a certain quiet but real fear among many Gooners that we were heading back down that long dark tunnel to mid table sleeping giant mode again... :|

And then that one magical night changed all of it. :barscarf: 8)

Y'know, thinking back to it all, it strikes me how much a part of my life The Arsenal were at the time, how obsessed with, and in love with, the club I was. And it saddens and shocks me to realise how I no longer even feel fully connected to the club and that my obsessive love for everything Arsenal has been withered away by the last 10 year of Kim Jong-Wenger's reign... :( :|