watford away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: watford away thread

Post by NickF »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Yet more fibreglass footballers with Welbeck going off seemingly injured by th wind.

Well at least that is something positive.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal in crumble against a gritty team with lump striker shocker :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arsenal v Watford in 2017

played 2 lost 2
we can't even win the NLD lite matches anymore :(

Sean

Post by Sean »

Was there a game on? :roll:

I wish I could say I was surprised we were beaten, but this pathetic shite has been going on for a decade...

:blah: :blah: :blah:

NickF

Post by NickF »

RobG wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm
There was a post from ‘Ed’ or the BBC messageboard at half time.

With no irony he stated :- ‘Arsenal have turned the corner since Liverpool, thanks to MR. Wenger. In Wenger we trust’.

And there you have the essence of the problem we face. Because rest assured the Ed’s still believe that and will continue to.
Absolutely correct, nothing will change while people continue to believe despite overwhelming evidence.

Win on Thursday, this result is forgotten and the purgatory continues.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I really can't be arsed to even care let alone get angry anymore, I am running out of steam now, we have paid a heavy, heavy price for our good years under Wenger (98-2004) because it cemented Wenger in his "job for life" and attracted vultures like Kroenke to the club (corporation).

If there is no change to either the management or ownership structure by next summer I'm done, I just can't face the same old tedious, lack lustre depressing, dull, stale slop that has been served up for the best part of a decade now.

I'm sure the Malaysian superfans will take my place 100 times over, they are welcome to what is left..

:censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:08 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Yet more fibreglass footballers with Welbeck going off seemingly injured by th wind.

Well at least that is something positive.
Wellbeck is not good enough and never will be.......fucking Man utd cast off

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

strangely enough thought Lacazette looked good in the first half.....
BUT how has Wenger set up the team to starve the guy of any service
He will ruin Lacazette....he will stop making the runs, or his confidence will drain...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

seeing the penalty again and Bellerins reaction.....or rather non reaction think that tells you everything about Wengers Arsenal

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Just watched MOTD....try watch it if you haven't seen it. Cleverley must be standing, not running, not walking, standing, on the penalty spot for about 10 seconds while Xhaka is standing directly behind him on the edge of the box watching the play.....the ball rolls loose to Cleverley, standing completely unmarked...and BANG, 2-1

Murphy and Wrighty commenting on it saying Xhaka is NOT a holding midfielder and has no sense of danger.

35m he cost...we could have got Kante for that :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Don't worry guys the 89 DVD comes out soon

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 am
Just watched MOTD....try watch it if you haven't seen it. Cleverley must be standing, not running, not walking, standing, on the penalty spot for about 10 seconds while Xhaka is standing directly behind him on the edge of the box watching the play.....the ball rolls loose to Cleverley, standing completely unmarked...and BANG, 2-1

Murphy and Wrighty commenting on it saying Xhaka is NOT a holding midfielder and has no sense of danger.

35m he cost...we could have got Kante for that :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
yes that was disgraceful from Xaha.......not fucking effort at all......whats he on £100K a week?????

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 am
beck wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:06 am
villej wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:13 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:03 am
I am going to keep the positive feeling going for this one.

48 days since we conceded a PL goal.... :barscarf: :barscarf:
How many days since we scored a PL goal away from bowl? :oops:
280 mins
The last time we went longer was in 05/06
287 mins between Henry's goal at Wigan and Reyes goal at charlton
Got to champions league final that season
To quote ABBA, the history book on the shelf is always repeating itself.........
I’m pretty sure that as Arsenal fans that was a coded message about the tiny tots winning sweet f.a

Happy Days S.L.!!

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

NickF wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:36 pm
RobG wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm
There was a post from ‘Ed’ or the BBC messageboard at half time.

With no irony he stated :- ‘Arsenal have turned the corner since Liverpool, thanks to MR. Wenger. In Wenger we trust’.

And there you have the essence of the problem we face. Because rest assured the Ed’s still believe that and will continue to.
Absolutely correct, nothing will change while people continue to believe despite overwhelming evidence.

Win on Thursday, this result is forgotten and the purgatory continues.
It's a business guys (& girls) with no accountability from the top to the bottom. I will help fund the Out campaign but I will (sadly ) not contribute any monies of mine to AFC until we move on to another B.O.D. along with a new Manager. Wenger, with good grace should of left in the summer, but I heard he had no other offers or openings within the game. Tells you something!

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

This club is dead in the water until the dinosaur of a manager leaves and the parasitic leech of an excuse for an owner is removed.

Kroenke is the worst thing ever to happen to this club but Wenger is starting to become a close second for me.