THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:48 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 am
StuartL wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:21 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:05 pm
Off to Cardiff tomorrow with missus for our 20th wedding anniversary to see Aussie pink Floyd ! Not the real thing but still looking forward to it! Looking forward to a pint or ten of Brains SA
aka: Skull Attack.

That and the music of the Floyd...what an evening! :barscarf:
http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?awinmid= ... k_absolute

Just to make you aware mate if you didn’t already know.
Wow! Did not know about this, Thanks Stuart! :cheers:... I knew he had been touring the US, so will check this out! Thanks Mate! :D
Welcome - hope you get to go .

By the way at the retro 80’s gig at Norwich next year there will be - Human League, ABC, T’Pau, Toyah as well your favourite Jason Donovan........you know you want to go to that too. :wink:
:lol:

:rubchin:

:suicide:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Spent last night skanking to the Beat (ranking roger and his son) and The Selecter in a double ska bill at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds.

Then this morning I managed to grab tickets to see the Foo Fighters in June next year at the Olympic London Stadium

Not seen them before so very much looking forward to it :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 pm
Spent last night skanking to the Beat (ranking roger and his son) and The Selecter in a double ska bill at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds.

Then this morning I managed to grab tickets to see the Foo Fighters in June next year at the Olympic London Stadium

I saw the Beat (including Saxa) in 79/80-ish, supported by The Photos (with the stunning Wendy Wu). Both groups were brilliant. Spent three and a half hours dancing and then went to a party. I was due to play a match the following morning, but woke up with calf muscles like concrete and could barely hobble to the coach.
I saw The Selector a couple of times. I could take or leave most of their records, but loved them live.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 pm

I saw the Beat (including Saxa) in 79/80-ish, supported by The Photos (with the stunning Wendy Wu). Both groups were brilliant. Spent three and a half hours dancing and then went to a party. I was due to play a match the following morning, but woke up with calf muscles like concrete and could barely hobble to the coach.
I saw The Selector a couple of times. I could take or leave most of their records, but loved them live.
Seen both bands 3/4 times each before, both put on a very energetic show - I prefer the Beat to the Selecter musically and also find Pauline Black a little too affected (her speaking voice comes across as faux American to me ) and preaching to the audience.

Sorry it was Foo Fighters I’ve not seen before if I didn’t make it clear.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This truly is AWESOME - A young (Classically Trained) composer Nils Frahm..it ain't Rock N Roll, BUT it is AWESOME - In MHO. :|

phpBB [video]

The mood and tempo of the various parts / segments of this piece are continually changing so it is worth listening beyond the opening 10 minutes... 8)

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:05 pm
Off to Cardiff tomorrow with missus for our 20th wedding anniversary to see Aussie pink Floyd ! Not the real thing but still looking forward to it! Looking forward to a pint or ten of Brains SA
Off to the Hammersmith Apollo tonight to see them,not sure what to expect....were they good?

Saw Metallica at the O2 sunday night,fucking amazing,they get better with age,and the sound was awesome,Metallica and (fake) Floyd in a week,not too bad. :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 pm
Was flicking through my iPod on the train to work this morning and happened across my Dio collection. Been listening to a lot of Volbeat and Metallica lately and haven't listened to Dio in a while. So popped them on. Man, you ever put on some songs and it just comes flooding back how fucking great a particular band were? 8) Dio were awesome, particularly the early stuff with Vivian Campbell on guitar. 8)

Hard to believe Ronnie is dead over 7 years. :(
Holy Diver is a fucking choon,
Klllswitch Engage do a wicked cover of it too....

Metallica sunday were unfuckingbelievable,Hetfield for the next Arsenal manager!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

The new Robert Plant album,"Carry Fire," gets better with every play. :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:09 pm
Metallica sunday were unfuckingbelievable,Hetfield for the next Arsenal manager!
I saw them a few times on the black album tour and a few times since, though I gave them a miss around the reload/st Anger time.
Glad they were good, but there is no way I was going to pay £90+ to see them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Saw them on the Justice For All Tour...I was deaf for 3 days afterwards. But buzzing like a chainsaw. :D :dancingbanana:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The new Robert Plant 'Carry The Fire' is excellent....9 out of 10. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm not a Huge fan of the Rolling Stones, but do like much of the earlier and prime years stuff...Found this of them recording Sympathy For The Devil on You Tube...quite revealing:

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:53 pm
The new Robert Plant album,"Carry Fire," gets better with every play. :barscarf:
Hiya RG..Just saw your post..Yes, it is Excellent...I enjoyed his previous album "Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar" but this is definitely up there...He works with some excellent musicians form all walks of music life and seems to have found his Mojo again.

phpBB [video]

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:25 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:53 pm
Hiya RG..Just saw your post..Yes, it is Excellent...I enjoyed his previous album "Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar" but this is definitely up there...He works with some excellent musicians form all walks of music life and seems to have found his Mojo again.

phpBB [video]
Agreed mate.
I also like the fact that he is so grounded considering his career. He apparently enjoys a couple of pints after playing football with local lads on a plastic pitch in Kidderminster. :barscarf:
It's a pity that he is a Wolves supporter. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: could be worse he could be a Pulis fan

:shock: :lol: