Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Europa League

Post by xisstential »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 pm
looks like i'm ok atm, fingers crossed, don't trust those cheapskates
Flew with them once, treated us like sh!t, never again.

Their staff at the airport beggared belief, 18 year old girls checking us in with obnoxious 20 year old, hair gelled little pricks overseeing it all, hoping you will "backchat" them so they can tear your ticket up. Fuck that.

vidleste

Post by vidleste »

Don't suppose anyone knows of anyone who got tickets for cologne away but can't go? Got flights and accommodation booked but sold out before it got to our level of away points.

Dutch10Gooner

Post by Dutch10Gooner »

Anyone going to Cologne next month?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

vidleste wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm
Don't suppose anyone knows of anyone who got tickets for cologne away but can't go? Got flights and accommodation booked but sold out before it got to our level of away points.
The tickets have your name and passport info on them, so they aren't transferable

vidleste

Post by vidleste »

Dutch10Gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:28 pm
I'll be going but not got tickets! Oh well couple of days sampling the local beers.
🍻 :barscarf:

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Dutch10Gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:28 pm
Me.

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Three days in Germany drinking beer! What's not to like????

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

Grant jones wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:30 pm
The 'watching The Arsenal' bit would ruin it for me. The rest sounds great :wink:

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

I may well close my eyes for 90 minutes so as not to spoil the trip😉

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Just had thought, Wenger will probably throw this competition in march so we can finish top 4, much like he has done to CL for last 11 years.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:09 pm
Just had thought, Wenger will probably throw this competition in march so we can finish top 4, much like he has done to CL for last 11 years.
Wenger never threw the CL for the PL...I would argue it was the other way around. We used to get blown out of the CL in the K.O. stages because we were naive, tactically inferior and never once learned lessons from the previous seasons.

I remember having Barca at home in the first leg...20 minutes left and still holding them to 0-0. So you keep them out, go to the Nou camp and hope to nick a goal, meaning they then need to score twice. Not us.....fullbacks bombing recklessly forward in pursuit of a goal, gaping holes at the back, they break, Messi scores twice, tie over.

That type of naivety...you get it from 30 years in football.

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

g60gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:36 pm
Grant jones wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:30 pm
The 'watching The Arsenal' bit would ruin it for me. The rest sounds great :wink:
http://www.cologne.de/eat-and-drink/breweries.html

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:09 pm
Wenger never threw the CL for the PL...I would argue it was the other way around. We used to get blown out of the CL in the K.O. stages because we were naive, tactically inferior and never once learned lessons from the previous seasons.

I remember having Barca at home in the first leg...20 minutes left and still holding them to 0-0. So you keep them out, go to the Nou camp and hope to nick a goal, meaning they then need to score twice. Not us.....fullbacks bombing recklessly forward in pursuit of a goal, gaping holes at the back, they break, Messi scores twice, tie over.

That type of naivety...you get it from 30 years in football.
But to be fair he only had 16 YEARS to learn from his mistakes..........

THE
FUCKING
USELESS
CLUELESS
INEPT
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

vidleste

Post by vidleste »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:03 pm
vidleste wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm
The tickets have your name and passport info on them, so they aren't transferable
Didn't stop people in basel last year just a bit abit of tipex and a biro that's all you need! Ha

Sean

Post by Sean »

I am disgusted he treats a winnable competition like this with such contempt. Then again, he's always done it with the League Cup, the elitist snobby cúnt.

He probably wants us to be knocked out before the QFs, so he won't have to put out a full side that has to shave and be shown up as the utter FAILURE he has been in Europe his entire career. Three finals, three defeats. Fucking charlatan.