THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The only justification to Wenger dropping Lacazette for Liverpool and now City is that there must be something in his contract which means we owe money to Lyon if he starts in games vs top six.

Like why he's a;ways subbed aroud 65-70 min mark

Has to be, there's no logic to it.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Moving Lacazette to the wing after he scored was ludicrous and a throwback to the days of playing Bendtner out wide. Fucking lunacy.

Frankly it summed up our confused shape and tactical game. At times we had four or five players pressing high up the pitch, at others (like the first goal) we were standing off them 30 yards out. A left back and a midfielder playing centre half. No striker playing and then two chucked on without any change to the shape.

Still trying to figure out who was worse out of Sanchez and Ozil.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:44 pm
Good article......

http://dailycannon.com/2017/11/a-fading ... ediocrity/
"Like many fans, I’ve long since progressed past the point of anger at these types of performances and results.
This is what Arsenal are now"

Spot on :(

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Man City 3-1 Arsenal

POSITIVES

* IT WASN'T RAPE ( under 4 goals scored against...not technically defined as rape)
* LACA SCORED AGAINST A TOP 6 TEAM! 1st goal 4 Arsenal , against TOP 6 opposition, in the 3 matches (so far...) out of 10 for the season. Gud 4 him!
* NO INJURIES...i think...( mental maybe...hopefully not!)
*THE GULF IN CLASS was the Referees fault and MAN CITY IS OWNED BY A MINT... etc!....so positive excuses in the plenty for Arsenal & their fans to cover over small cracks...small...
* LE COQ returned & did make more than 1 crucial interception, Detective style, like he used to, even though he was played out of position.
* Arsenal players STOOD UP AND WATCHED Mancity ping around the ball ( while staying in their 'Defensive' positions & formation like TOTEM POLES!!)
and watched City Have possession with no attempt to retrieve or intercept it..in the first half.....BUT..in the second half they were actually combative for the ball.....at.....TIMES!!!!
*Arsenal Fan TV & CHILL 4 the masses!!! (Bitter sweet 4 all true Arsenal fans)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:41 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:44 pm
Good article......

http://dailycannon.com/2017/11/a-fading ... ediocrity/
"Like many fans, I’ve long since progressed past the point of anger at these types of performances and results.
This is what Arsenal are now"

Spot on :(
Yes, that is it...I texted two Arsenal fans after the game yesterday saying that it is a sign of where Arsenal are that there is almost relief that it was not six or seven at City...The defeats don't hurt anymore and by the same token the victories don't delight anymore including the Cup Final last season..

General

Post by General »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:04 pm
The only justification to Wenger dropping Lacazette for Liverpool and now City is that there must be something in his contract which means we owe money to Lyon if he starts in games vs top six.

Like why he's a;ways subbed aroud 65-70 min mark

Has to be, there's no logic to it.
I think you might be onto something there...

Herd

Post by Herd »

To play a person who wants to leave for the very club your playing against is morally bankrupt and tactically wrong ,but that's Wenger ,it's all about him and it always will be .
The clubs decline is set to accelerate now ,out of the chumps league our expenditure immediately adjusted downward and will continue to go down once Ozil and Sanchez walk .
Santi as we feared will never play again so we will have lost 3 of our best players and wont spend the money to replace them .
By the time wenger leaves his legacy will be that drove the club into the dirt it will take eons to get the club back on the right track.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Season is going to plan, dropping off the pace in early November, dead cert defeats coming up followed by the desertion of so called top players without morals to match in January, to the opposition, be lucky to finish up in 6th....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:59 pm
Moving Lacazette to the wing after he scored was ludicrous and a throwback to the days of playing Bendtner out wide. Fucking lunacy.

Frankly it summed up our confused shape and tactical game. At times we had four or five players pressing high up the pitch, at others (like the first goal) we were standing off them 30 yards out. A left back and a midfielder playing centre half. No striker playing and then two chucked on without any change to the shape.

Still trying to figure out who was worse out of Sanchez and Ozil.
Ozil was worse by a cunthair. At least Sanchez "put in a bit of effort". :roll: :lol:

Honestly though, both were shit and both look like they couldn't give a fuck either. :|

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

The bloke just makes the most baffling fucking decisions :banghead:

Why did Lacazette not start? Why was Sanchez up top by himself for most of the game with no support? Why was Ozil playing on a flank when he should have been roaming like Silva in central midfield trying to create? Why was Coquelin at centre back?

These baffling decisions from the fraud have gone on for 12 years...he is the weirdest manager in terms of positional and tactical nous it's quite scary.

I can't even be bothered ranting. As long as Kroenke is here we all know this digusting regime will continue.

How the fuck we ended up with this American *word censored* I'll never know!!! Why could he have not bought another football club. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks David Dein.

For all the good you did you should be fucking ashamed you sold in to a parasite like Kroenke.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Has he gone yet?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:37 am
Season is going to plan, dropping off the pace in early November, dead cert defeats coming up followed by the desertion of so called top players without morals to match in January, to the opposition, be lucky to finish up in 6th....
If we get top 6 I think it could be Wengers greatest achievement !!!! :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:03 pm
Has he gone yet?
Not that simple is it?, which one...

We are a dead club now unless the yank sells which he wont because he has his greedy eyes on streaming media revenues, I for one won't be subscribing but billions of Asian's probably will...

F*ck this game.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am
The bloke just makes the most baffling fucking decisions :banghead:

Why did Lacazette not start? Why was Sanchez up top by himself for most of the game with no support? Why was Ozil playing on a flank when he should have been roaming like Silva in central midfield trying to create? Why was Coquelin at centre back?

These baffling decisions from the fraud have gone on for 12 years...he is the weirdest manager in terms of positional and tactical nous it's quite scary.

I can't even be bothered ranting. As long as Kroenke is here we all know this digusting regime will continue.

How the fuck we ended up with this American *word censored* I'll never know!!! Why could he have not bought another football club. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks David Dein.

For all the good you did you should be fucking ashamed you sold in to a parasite like Kroenke.
Absolutely....all good questions and totally baffling...why is he not brought to task on this....its totally fucking ridiculous

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

AW decides to go with 3 at the back and two wingbacks.

Decides he only needs 1 spare centre back and that it's a good idea to sell Ox and Gibbs, leaving us with NO spare wingbacks.

If only I'd been in football management for 30 years, I could understand the excellent logic behind those decisions.