Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

NickF wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:10 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:45 pm
Can we please now introduce the "couldn't give a flying fuck either way" option?
Agreed! :barscarf:

In Janurary, go to PSG and sort out a swap deal including Draxler for Alexis and get that sorted. Start brokering a deal for Ozil's replacement (Pjanić?) and not worry if the fucker goes on a free.
Is Draxler going to get anywhere near the amount of goals Alexis gets?
Who are we likely to get that will near the amount of goals he gets? Let's not kid ourselves in thinking that we can get a direct replacement.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Just walked passed WH Smiths at Liverpool Street and they already have the Arsenal 2018 calendar in stock. Both Alexis and Ozil are on the cover!!!

Have to laugh as you'll be lucky if either of them will be here by the end of January.

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

NickF wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:21 pm
Just walked passed WH Smiths at Liverpool Street and they already have the Arsenal 2018 calendar in stock. Both Alexis and Ozil are on the cover!!!

Have to laugh as you'll be lucky if either of them will be here by the end of January.
Think that this might be the first year since 81 that I'll decline the calendar - much prefer an alternative calendar - pics of players/times who represent the 'true' Arsenal. Nice if we had one to raise funds! Although I suppose there maybe copyright issues.

augie

Post by augie »

Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 pm
NickF wrote:

Think that this might be the first year since 81 that I'll decline the calendar - much prefer an alternative calendar - pics of players/times who represent the 'true' Arsenal. Nice if we had one to raise funds! Although I suppose there maybe copyright issues.

Not so (or at least I don't think so) - didn't we change to our current cartoon crest a few years back simply because the club couldn't copyright the old one ? If so, The Gooner (or anyone else for that matter) would be able to put together a calendar featuring former great players and the club could do fcuk all about it 8) It could have the simple cannon for the crest (they certainly cant copyright that), and it could be marketed as "The Arsenal"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:13 pm
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 pm
NickF wrote:

Not so (or at least I don't think so) - didn't we change to our current cartoon crest a few years back simply because the club couldn't copyright the old one ? If so, The Gooner (or anyone else for that matter) would be able to put together a calendar featuring former great players and the club could do fcuk all about it 8) It could have the simple cannon for the crest (they certainly cant copyright that), and it could be marketed as "The Arsenal"
The *word censored*.s actually tried to get the copyright on the term "Gooner" - about 3 or 4 seasons ago I think. Utter *word censored*.s :banghead: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 am
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... il-arsenal

Not sure if I've copied the link correctly, but there's a good article on Ozil in the Guardian online, which I pretty much agree with.
I couldn't get past the first line that said "you'd have to try pretty hard not to like Paul Merson" - err, I don't have to begin to try. He's a fucking c.unt
That almost stopped me dead too tbh. :roll: It got worse. Christ, the moron reporter goes on to list;

Owen as being "good these days" (he's not, he's still thick as pigshite)
Keown (the ultimate AKB/flip flopper) apparently "knows his stuff and has good opinions" (does he bollocks)
Wrighty is stunningly now apparently "the best football pundit out there" :coffeespit: (no, no he is not, not by a billion miles).

That article says absolutely nothing new, same old tired shite about "lazy/running/English football/commitment/blah blah" wrapped up in a couple of compliments, a few "sincere" regrets, and typically barely mentions the REAL problem and issue with Ozil (and all of our many underperforming players) and that issue is Wenger, the manager that has no clue on tactics, strategy, systems of play, man management and how to build a team around the players available rather than pick a fantasy style of play that looks nice and then wedge your players into same.

Even the bit where the reporter mentions De Bruyne and the cúnt at the scum, he totally misses the common element in their "development" - that being managers with half a clue, and being played in a system that suits them. To compound that he also misses the point that those players have not developed into a different style as he alludes to being some kind of necessity (in senior players it isn't), those players have just gotten better at what they've mostly always done - which is down to solid coaching. Their styles have not changed drastically and they shouldn't need to at the top level, they are just more effective through tweaking of the system and the coach knowing how to show them their role in the system. Y'know - basic coaching shit that elludes Wenger.

It seems the media will still stretch any "facts" they can to give Wenger a free pass. :roll: :censored: The sambos at the pressers must be fucking stunning this year. :lol: :censored:

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Probably taken out of context tbh but it really looks poor. I think it's Iwobi that pats Sanchez on the back but the rest of the players don't even acknowledge him... again who knows about the context, maybe they all had a group hug 10 seconds later... :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Good riddance to the lazy pampered cun.t

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Under a real manager he may actually be useful. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 am
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... il-arsenal

Not sure if I've copied the link correctly, but there's a good article on Ozil in the Guardian online, which I pretty much agree with.
I couldn't get past the first line that said "you'd have to try pretty hard not to like Paul Merson" - err, I don't have to begin to try. He's a fucking c.unt
That almost stopped me dead too tbh. :roll: It got worse. Christ, the moron reporter goes on to list;

Owen as being "good these days" (he's not, he's still thick as pigshite)
Keown (the ultimate AKB/flip flopper) apparently "knows his stuff and has good opinions" (does he bollocks)
Wrighty is stunningly now apparently "the best football pundit out there" :coffeespit: (no, no he is not, not by a billion miles).

That article says absolutely nothing new, same old tired shite about "lazy/running/English football/commitment/blah blah" wrapped up in a couple of compliments, a few "sincere" regrets, and typically barely mentions the REAL problem and issue with Ozil (and all of our many underperforming players) and that issue is Wenger, the manager that has no clue on tactics, strategy, systems of play, man management and how to build a team around the players available rather than pick a fantasy style of play that looks nice and then wedge your players into same.

Even the bit where the reporter mentions De Bruyne and the cúnt at the scum, he totally misses the common element in their "development" - that being managers with half a clue, and being played in a system that suits them. To compound that he also misses the point that those players have not developed into a different style as he alludes to being some kind of necessity (in senior players it isn't), those players have just gotten better at what they've mostly always done - which is down to solid coaching. Their styles have not changed drastically and they shouldn't need to at the top level, they are just more effective through tweaking of the system and the coach knowing how to show them their role in the system. Y'know - basic coaching shit that elludes Wenger.

It seems the media will still stretch any "facts" they can to give Wenger a free pass. :roll: :censored: The sambos at the pressers must be fucking stunning this year. :lol: :censored:
Just to confirm, Ian Wright is now "the best football pundit out there". Erm, no, no he is not. Read this mouthful of shit from the "the best football pundit out there" and try not to cut yourself;

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/25/ian-wrigh ... d-7025665/

Loved Wrighty the player, but the man is a flip flopping moron when it comes to being a pundit. :oops: :|

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'd play them in the league cup and Europa league as well as Premier League, if they are both leaving play them as much as possible. Burn them out so they're knackered and ineligible for champions league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:06 am
I'd play them in the league cup and Europa league as well as Premier League, if they are both leaving play them as much as possible. Burn them out so they're knackered and ineligible for champions league.
Yes, but that would be the logical and sensible thing to do - we are talking Wenker here. :? :banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Time to drop both from first eleven. It's killing the team. It's like a watching a couple that have separated keep trying to stay together for the children. It's over. It's better for everyone if they leave the first eleven.