RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Eboue-Why?

Re: RIP Thread

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Tim Gudgin, Final Score footie results reader

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jesus. (Okay so I'm a little late in paying my respects, but the older we get the more ammo we need in reserve just in case there is some kind of Heaven-Hell scenario after all this bollox).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 pm
Jesus. (Okay so I'm a little late in paying my respects, but the older we get the more ammo we need in reserve just in case there is some kind of Heaven-Hell scenario after all this bollox).
:lol: :lol:

HipsterJoe is gonna be all over that, mate. :roll:

:D :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Man City's centre forward has died????!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Man City's centre forward has died????!!!!
:shock:

:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:cry: :cry: :cry: Malcolm Young rhythm guitarist with AC/DC :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42037566

RIP dude and "Thank- you" for all the music and 3 of the best Rock n Roll gigs I have EVER been to.

:cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Malcolm Young co founder of the greatest rocknroll band of all time (pre Johnson)
RIP
*word censored* onebard beat me to it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I don't see it as a competition mate...I'm just sad - We all knew he had been suffering the ravages of dementia for over 2 years..and I guess it was inevitable...Just sad to see my Musical Heroes dying... :cry:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

After the bell tolls the opening riff by Angus always gives me Goose Bumps ...

phpBB [video]

First saw them with Bon Scott in the Summer of 1976 - It was a sweltering day & night and the top rank was barely half- full...but the beer was flowing and the band Totally Rocked...at the end of the gig there was a Wet T-shirt contest and there was one 'contestants' with Huge Fun bags (similar to the famed Rosie) one of the roadies threw a bucket of cold water over her and her raspberry ripples stood out like cigar butts...and Angus came up from behind her and started to fondle her fun bags she turned round and pushed him and he fell off stage...

<sigh> those were the days...no mortgage/s - kids to worry about and living for the long week-end Thursday to Tuesday! with the occasional lecture thrown in for good measure. :barscarf: 8)

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

They were a different band with Bon a real rocknroll band ! The quality of the lyrics went to shit when he died and they became too commercial for my taste and I never bought another album after “those about to rock”
I still watch their old stuff on a weekly basis on YouTube
Fav album Powerage with the fantastic live album “if you want blood” a close second,
I used to have a wrangler jacket with a cartoon painting of Angus on the back copied from an import “high voltage” album

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Think of the bar up there, Lemmy, Philthy, Wurzel, Phil Lynnott & Gary Moore, Bon & Mal, Ronnie James, John Bonham, Keith Moon. Feel free to add more names of legendary swishers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RIP Malcolm. :( Legend. 8)

I loved Bon's AC/DC and Beano's version equally. 8) Back in Black is for me their greatest album, followed by Powerage. :barscarf: 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I bet David Cassidy is fuming that Charles Manson stole the limelight from him.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

:box:
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 am

NO disrespect to David Cassidy RIP , but he has been described as a 70s heartthrob and superstar.....I was born in 1963 and have a good enough knowledge of 70s music , I know David Cassidy was in a TV show called The Partridge Family but I cannot recall one song he sang...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 am
:box:
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 am

NO disrespect to David Cassidy RIP , but he has been described as a 70s heartthrob and superstar.....I was born in 1963 and have a good enough knowledge of 70s music , I know David Cassidy was in a TV show called The Partridge Family but I cannot recall one song he sang...
In years to come Jason Beber will be remembered the same way in relation to this decade, and I cannot name or recall one fucking song the little cúnt has put out. "Pop" music is littered with shit like that. :roll: