Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:15 pm

we have to get back in the CL because what with our penny pinching wig wearing owner and losing Sanchez, we will need to spend a lot to maintain our place amongst the top 4, trouble is do the top players even want to play for Wenger anymore?, I doubt it.
No!!! We don't have to get back into the CL - that would be the worst thing for us. Getting back into the CL would simply mean :-

* Wenger gloating like a chav that's just won the lottery
* Another turgid group of 6 matches with the usual "unfortunate hiccup" at some point
* Another contract extention :banghead:
* Another humiliation come March 2019

Wenger has shown 20 times that he hasn't got a fukin clue how to deal with top level European sides so why would we want more of that??

What we want is Wenger Out

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 pm

No!!! We don't have to get back into the CL - that would be the worst thing for us. Getting back into the CL would simply mean :-

* Wenger gloating like a chav that's just won the lottery
* Another turgid group of 6 matches with the usual "unfortunate hiccup" at some point
* Another contract extention :banghead:
* Another humiliation come March 2019

Wenger has shown 20 times that he hasn't got a fukin clue how to deal with top level European sides so why would we want more of that??

What we want is Wenger Out
But Wenger 'failed' last season and he didn't leave, with wiggy w*nker around Wenger will stay regardless of how s**t we do.

Sorry if I gave the impression I gave a f**k about 4th place, I really don't care that much anyway.

:twisted:

Jumpers For Goalposts

That probably seemed like a direct dig at you mate. It wasn't intended that way as you're one of the few that has got Wenger and Kroenke worked out.

My point is that finishing 4th will be dressed up as a fantastic achievement but it will only prolong this nightmare. The last 20 years have shown that Wenger will never, never win the CL so what is the point of qualifying for it and getting humiliated yet again ??

The longer Le Turnip stays, the harder it will be for his replacement to close the gap so we should be focussed purely on getting him out, not on reinforcing his version of what counts as success.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

just keeping youall up to date

the top 6 table.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:40 pm
That probably seemed like a direct dig at you mate. It wasn't intended that way as you're one of the few that has got Wenger and Kroenke worked out.

My point is that finishing 4th will be dressed up as a fantastic achievement but it will only prolong this nightmare. The last 20 years have shown that Wenger will never, never win the CL so what is the point of qualifying for it and getting humiliated yet again ??

The longer Le Turnip stays, the harder it will be for his replacement to close the gap so we should be focussed purely on getting him out, not on reinforcing his version of what counts as success.
I wouldn't worry too much - despite Ty and his fellow lickers of Arsene's pipe protestations to the contrary, there's more chance of plaiting fog than this ragbag bunch of James Blunts finishing in the top 4. The new normal is the Europa League - once TO1AW finds a new normal there's no turning back. Champions became 2nd in 2005.....from there 3rd and 4th was the badge of honour......now its 5th and 6th......and we're a decent manager and foreign owner away (at another team) from it being 7th and 8th. He never rebounds, choosing instead to mither over FFP rules and look over the fence in everyone else's garden.

Its a shame Everton flunked this season, albeit they seem to have bounced a bit now and got top half, otherwise I was certain of 7th place. Now I'm certain its 6th. I'm enjoying Podgytino's minor collapse of late but they'll still finish above us and the four who are there now certainly will too. An average Liverpool team with one of the most shit keepers and backlines in living memory will still piss all over us at the Bowl again to confirm another rinsing by a top team and from there we will flip flop between 5th and 6th, before ending up 6th and exiting in the Thursday Night Cup as soon as we draw a CL exiting team with a half decent tactical manager.

Hope springs eternal though with the catalyst for change as we sweep aside Crewe, Mansfield, Newport, Sunderland, West Ham and Swansea en route to winning the FA Cup

ten20

Post by ten20 »

Anyone think its worth trying to organise one more protest in the coming weeks?

I know last season the first few got decent numbers and then started to tail off

Maybe just focus on doing one massive march this season and 'market' the hell out of it to get maximum numbers and put more heat on Wenger and the club

Cant take 18 more months of this shit :cussing:

Jumpers For Goalposts

ten20 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 pm

I know last season the first few got decent numbers and then started to tail off

Maybe just focus on doing one massive march this season and 'market' the hell out of it to get maximum numbers and put more heat on Wenger and the club

The protest organisers are watching and waiting - we haven't gone away. We are going to arrange something this season but we must get the timing right. We remain totally committed to forcing Wenger Out.

We need to make sure the impact is significant and for that - numbers are crucial. With this squad, results will bomb at some point. When they do - we'll be there!

Hopefully the people that couldn't be bothered to join in last season will be there this time

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 pm
ten20 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 pm

The protest organisers are watching and waiting - we haven't gone away. We are going to arrange something this season but we must get the timing right. We remain totally committed to forcing Wenger Out.

We need to make sure the impact is significant and for that - numbers are crucial. With this squad, results will bomb at some point. When they do - we'll be there!

Hopefully the people that couldn't be bothered to join in last season will be there this time
The atmosphere will start to build after tomorrow night mate - Chavski will dick us and we'll be effectively out of the Chumps League for another year. Not that I give two fucks about that but most "millennials" (god how I fucking hate that term) do still see it as the Be All and End All and its when those on the fence turn on him once more. Throw in an embarrassing league cup semi final rinsing by the Chavs and it will all start falling down around the old c.unt's ears once more.

I have no skin left in the game anymore, the silver memberships have gone, so I'm up for whatever protests are going down. Would prefer an anti Kroenke edge to it to be honest, mixed in with a good amount of Wenger bashing but if its just the latter I can live with it :D

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope something does happen soon. I have been disappointed in the total lack of interest from the masses in protesting, despite the crap performances this season and looking like we'll miss the VT for the second season in a row. I have two banners collecting dust, which I had hoped to avoid. I had feared we'd only be able to protest from February to May each year, meaning we're out of commission for three-quarters of the year and The Old Fraud would have zero pressure, despite this dull season of dropped points, sideways passing and amateur hour defending which is somehow worse than previous seasons, but not being flagged up as much.

If this were Italy or Spain, he would have been hounded out by any means back in the dark days of the failed Project Youth, let alone the 8-2. Instead, we have the most apathetic and disinterested supporter-base going to games, which leads to zero momentum for season-long protests. TOF and the board have done a fantastic job of socially cleansing match-goers to the point that they won't protest, despite sinking out of the much vaunted Be All and End All, now that the revisionist line is that the VT doesn't matter because of the PL deals. TOF's deal with the devil always keeps the Cashburton crowd in line when they are about to turn on him. The past decade of stagnation has been the perfect boiling frog scenario; the masses will never turn on him, least of all the tourists and Tarquins with nothing better to do than watch 'the footy', no matter how dire 'the product' is.

ten20

Post by ten20 »

Protest set for next Saturday before Palace game
2pm Highbury

Lets see how many turn up :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

ten20 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 am
2pm Highbury

Way too early imo, one big protest towards the end of the season would be better. The problem with more regular protests is as was the case last year, people for whatever reason don't turn up every time. You end up with 500 fans protesting in what is more of a photo opportunity for football tourists than a bloody nose for Wenger/Kroenke. Make a day out of it, organise something starting from say the Gunners pub where many fans can see and join in if they want to.

Unless at least 2-3000 preferably 5000 march against the club, it's a waste of time.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 am
ten20 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 am
2pm Highbury

Way too early imo, one big protest towards the end of the season would be better. The problem with more regular protests is as was the case last year, people for whatever reason don't turn up every time. You end up with 500 fans protesting in what is more of a photo opportunity for football tourists than a bloody nose for Wenger/Kroenke. Make a day out of it, organise something starting from say the Gunners pub where many fans can see and join in if they want to.

Unless at least 2-3000 preferably 5000 march against the club, it's a waste of time.
Agreed - defeat against Chavski followed by an empty weekend should stir the emotions. By then we'll be even further away from the luvvie 4th placed trophy which is what gets the flip-floppers going anyway. The realisation that the trophies are gone and we're going to finish 6th at the highest should get some more of them to come out and get wound up. By then of course it's highly likely Sanchez will be gone and we'll be heading towards the transfer deadline with money in the bank from Coquelin, Walcott (god hope) and Sanchez whilst still dicking around over the undisclosed fee for Malcom.

Everything comes to he who waits! The end of January will see the toxicity rise once more........be patient folks ! Hopefully Jacqui Oatley is lined up for the post Carabao Cup semi interviews

NickF

Post by NickF »

We should have got rid of Wenger years ago yet still people say it is the wrong time, FFS guys!

If no one turns up because "it is not the right time" we might as well not bother trying to get rid of Wenger and accept our fans are spineless who will just take any shit thrown at them without question.

brucers

Post by brucers »

Instead of everyone going on about right time or not, why not put your personal opinion to one side and go with the flow of those who are organising it. They've put in the effort and come out with what they believe is a good option. We all agree he needs to be got rid of so why not all turn up for this event and perhaps then it will give a better indication of numbers and hopefully build momentum.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:57 am
We should have got rid of Wenger years ago yet still people say it is the wrong time, FFS guys!

If no one turns up because "it is not the right time" we might as well not bother trying to get rid of Wenger and accept our fans are spineless who will just take any shit thrown at them without question.
Timing is everything though - if you do it when there's been a recovery or a half decent result against a shit team it loses impact. Do it after Chavski end the last lingering hope of a domestic trophy and you're 7 or 8 points off the Luvvie 4th place spot and the media will cease upon it and amplify it, instead of flip flopping back to their stance that we're all ungrateful, spoilt morons