Team Spirit issues and management of Laca

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Team Spirit issues and management of Laca

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:10 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:13 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 am
We all know this has been a problem for a while, but last night on sky it was plain to see our team is as divided as the fans are. I chose to support Arsenal over the spuds because whilst we didn't have the same technical ability as them in the early/mid 80s there was an endearing never say die attitude. By the time we got to the late 80s with a bit of quality added we where a formidable force.

The team today just doesn't seem to understand what it means to represent Arsenal (perhaps with the exception of a rejuvenated Jack).

Add to that we have one of the best finishers in the premier league, who AW seems hell bent on pissing off by making him the first man to be taken off in almost any situation. Not to mention dropping him for no reason in a few big games earlier this season. I have already written off Sanchez and Ozil as two players only interested in fucking off to Manchester. We should be rebuilding around Laca, not making things so bad for him, that it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to leave at the end of the season.
The team spirit thing has been an issue for a while now, and can only see it getting worse because long gone are the days of a TA6/PV4 getting hold of the team and sorting it out amongst themselves. Wenger's ensured we don't have those types around here, voicing opinions or challenging his authority, so now they are left to themselves with no leader present. As for Lacazette, I just can't make my mind up. Sometimes IMO he has been rightly hauled off and virtually anonymous for long spells, but undoubtedly there have been times when Wenger's pre-planned substitution has taken place regardless of his performance. That too has been happening for donkeys and not just with Lacazette. The Ox was always guaranteed to be hauled off a couple of years back despite the fact that gormless pricks like Wally or Ramsey were allowed to be utter gash for the whole 90 minutes

Sanchez and Ozil can both fuck off now for all I care - don't want to be here, piss off then.
Every time I read another of these comments I feel like my head is going to explode. Sanchez didn't WANT to be here at this stage of the season....he did EVERYTHING he could to leave but Wenger hung on to him probably deludedly thinking we would do so well that Sanchez wouldn't want to leave anymore. Well guess what!!

The irony is, and what most fans selectively have ignored, is that without him we would be even further down the table. Wenger knows that, he's always known it, that is why he was prepared to lose him on a free....Wenger needs Sanchez...and we know, it's always about what Wenger needs.

I have said this numerous times, Sanchez brings energy to the team, he's like the energiser bunny, he is always moving, trying to make things happen....most of the others, like Ramsey & Xhaka for example, are either at half pace or walking most of the time.
Your comments just show how sad football is these days. Gone are the days of "no player is bigger than the club". Sanchez and Ozil have got the club, manager and the fans by the short and curlies, that's why people are just telling them to fuck off.

With regards to Sanchez, his work rate has dropped off ridiculously this season, to the extent the likes of Ramsey are covering more ground every match. He hasn't done himself any favours this season, can you see him getting in front of Jesus/Aguero at city or Cavani/Neymar at PSG, I can't. Deep down he knows that, so if bench warming to win a league/CL medal is his ambition, good luck to him.
Exactly - I hope City do sign him in January. He'll undoubtedly unsettle the side because there isn't one selfish c.unt playing in that team at the moment - nor were there in the great teams Guardiola managed previously. Brilliant players yes, but not an egotistical maniac who spends the game throwing his arms up in the air or getting the shits like a sulky kid if a pass doesn't find him.

I see the love in has begun again now he's scored 2 goals against that woeful fucking Palace team - big deal eh? No doubt he'll soon be back to trying to dribble round 7 players before setting up an opposition attack by either slipping over or dinking the ball up into the keepers arms when we're got 8 players forward. He's a little c.unt and he can go and do one. There is no one player bigger than the club. I don't care that the owner, CEO, board of directors and manager are all a bunch of utter c.unts - that is undoubtedly true. The fact is he is paid a fucking fortune to do what millions would do for nothing; he's supposedly from a background where a pair of boots was a month's wages and because he didn't get his move to Petroldollars FC in the Summer (a team he'd probably never fucking heard of before he came to England) he's been acting like a complete and utter c.unt

General

Post by General »

Don't not allow your perceptions to give you delusions of grandeur about Sanchez's quality. As mentioned, Wenger knows what he's getting, that's why he continues to pick him. If you seriously believe he's not displaying the correct attitude on the pitch then it's down to the manager to rectify this. Pep would undoubtedly work with him and bring out the best in him. That's the difference between a top football coach and a glorified accountant. Yes players have their individual obligations but a team is a true reflection of its manager. It's a subtle point that so many fans miss.

General

Post by General »

nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
We all know this has been a problem for a while, but last night on sky it was plain to see our team is as divided as the fans are. I chose to support Arsenal over the spuds because whilst we didn't have the same technical ability as them in the early/mid 80s there was an endearing never say die attitude. By the time we got to the late 80s with a bit of quality added we where a formidable force.

The team today just doesn't seem to understand what it means to represent Arsenal (perhaps with the exception of a rejuvenated Jack).

Add to that we have one of the best finishers in the premier league, who AW seems hell bent on pissing off by making him the first man to be taken off in almost any situation. Not to mention dropping him for no reason in a few big games earlier this season. I have already written off Sanchez and Ozil as two players only interested in fucking off to Manchester. We should be rebuilding around Laca, not making things so bad for him, that it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to leave at the end of the season.
The team spirit thing has been an issue for a while now, and can only see it getting worse because long gone are the days of a TA6/PV4 getting hold of the team and sorting it out amongst themselves. Wenger's ensured we don't have those types around here, voicing opinions or challenging his authority, so now they are left to themselves with no leader present. As for Lacazette, I just can't make my mind up. Sometimes IMO he has been rightly hauled off and virtually anonymous for long spells, but undoubtedly there have been times when Wenger's pre-planned substitution has taken place regardless of his performance. That too has been happening for donkeys and not just with Lacazette. The Ox was always guaranteed to be hauled off a couple of years back despite the fact that gormless pricks like Wally or Ramsey were allowed to be utter gash for the whole 90 minutes

Sanchez and Ozil can both fuck off now for all I care - don't want to be here, piss off then.
Every time I read another of these comments I feel like my head is going to explode. Sanchez didn't WANT to be here at this stage of the season....he did EVERYTHING he could to leave but Wenger hung on to him probably deludedly thinking we would do so well that Sanchez wouldn't want to leave anymore. Well guess what!!

The irony is, and what most fans selectively have ignored, is that without him we would be even further down the table. Wenger knows that, he's always known it, that is why he was prepared to lose him on a free....Wenger needs Sanchez...and we know, it's always about what Wenger needs.

I have said this numerous times, Sanchez brings energy to the team, he's like the energiser bunny, he is always moving, trying to make things happen....most of the others, like Ramsey & Xhaka for example, are either at half pace or walking most of the time.
Your comments just show how sad football is these days. Gone are the days of "no player is bigger than the club". Sanchez and Ozil have got the club, manager and the fans by the short and curlies, that's why people are just telling them to fuck off.

With regards to Sanchez, his work rate has dropped off ridiculously this season, to the extent the likes of Ramsey are covering more ground every match. He hasn't done himself any favours this season, can you see him getting in front of Jesus/Aguero at city or Cavani/Neymar at PSG, I can't. Deep down he knows that, so if bench warming to win a league/CL medal is his ambition, good luck to him.

If they hadn't been allowed to run down their contracts to the point of leaving for free, we would've been looking a totally different scenario. This doesn't happen at any other major club and it's a reflection of the incompetence of management and nothing else.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Has anyone else seen Elneny's tweet about going to 2018 world cup? He tags in the French, Spanish, German and Columbian players and takes the piss out of Sanchez by laughing that Chile didn't make it. If it's a genuine tweet, it's a bit poor for team.
Sanchez needs to go. Yes he is a genuine top class player, but he's causing unrest. He goes Ozil, Wilshere sign new contracts.
With a bit of luck if he ends up a man city I hope he has the same impact as Rodney Marsh did. Now there's one for the elderlies on here :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:01 am
Has anyone else seen Elneny's tweet about going to 2018 world cup? He tags in the French, Spanish, German and Columbian players and takes the piss out of Sanchez by laughing that Chile didn't make it. If it's a genuine tweet, it's a bit poor for team.
Sanchez needs to go. Yes he is a genuine top class player, but he's causing unrest. He goes Ozil, Wilshere sign new contracts.
With a bit of luck if he ends up a man city I hope he has the same impact as Rodney Marsh did. Now there's one for the elderlies on here :wink:
Elneny is a prick, a modern day David Hillier or Eddie McGoldrick. If you are going to have a sly dig at Sanchez at least back it up by having a bit of quality on the pitch.

With regards to Rodney Marsh I never knew they signed the Aussie wicket keeper, but they where shit back in the day ;).

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

FFS lets get rid of Sanchez and keep Elneny, Wallcott, Ramsey, Giroud and Coquelin because they really put a lot of effort in each game and are top class unlike Sanchez....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Is it not amazing these sources at the club are now spreading issues with Sanchez....missed training, walking his dogs went back to Chile unauthorised...and all the rest.....the Club are preparing the ground for when most fans favourite player is to leave....

Meanwhile ...ARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger astonishingly admits that Alexis Sanchez’s future is “not my problem”.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Wait until Sanchez leaves, then you'll see his value....how shockingly bad everyone else is.

As for having us by the short & curlies...you mean like Wenger has had us for over a decade??

The level of deflection at this club is like no other organization in the world. NOBODY dares mention the scandalous, reckless and incompetent way that Wenger has allowed the clubs two biggest contracts to run down like this, then excuse it by coming up with that hunger index BS. The reason these contracts were allowed to run down is because Wenger was fighting for his life last season and all he cared about was securing HIS contract. The problems with players wanting to leave are self inflicted...inflicted by Wenger.

And so what if Sanchez can't make the City starting line up, what has that got to do with us....if he wants to leave, let him. We don't need him, Ramsey, the ground coverer will be back soon..and don't forget we have Xhaka as well. Not only strength at the club, but depth as well :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:51 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Wait until Sanchez leaves, then you'll see his value....how shockingly bad everyone else is.

As for having us by the short & curlies...you mean like Wenger has had us for over a decade??

The level of deflection at this club is like no other organization in the world. NOBODY dares mention the scandalous, reckless and incompetent way that Wenger has allowed the clubs two biggest contracts to run down like this, then excuse it by coming up with that hunger index BS. The reason these contracts were allowed to run down is because Wenger was fighting for his life last season and all he cared about was securing HIS contract. The problems with players wanting to leave are self inflicted...inflicted by Wenger.

And so what if Sanchez can't make the City starting line up, what has that got to do with us....if he wants to leave, let him. We don't need him, Ramsey, the ground coverer will be back soon..and don't forget we have Xhaka as well. Not only strength at the club, but depth as well :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
It's all relative, both Sanchez and Ozil would be squad players in our invincibles side. I cannot see a situation where either of them usurped the likes of Henry, DB10, Pires, Freddie even Reyes who was a very underrated player in that era.

As I said before there's no point in even discussing Wenger, he isn't leaving for 18 months at least. There are a number of issues with regards to Sanchez, Wenger selling him a dream of a team that would compete for the title is one of them but Sanchez just letting his contract run down, rather than signing a medium term contract where Arsenal at least get some money this summer says a lot about the player. Clearly a big signing on fee is a major factor in his thinking, he doesn't give a shit about Arsenal.

One thing I have noticed with both him and Ozil, they never acknowledged the fans early in their contracts. Ozil seems to more nowadays, but Sanchez has always detached himself from the club as it seems to be clear these days with the way other players look at him.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

General wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:09 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:17 am
I think this is the worst Arsenal team we have had in the Premier League. I don't see how we will finish in the top 4 again under Wenger and maybe he just shouldn't buy anymore players because he is making decent signings like kolasinac look bad after he won player of the season in his position last year.
I never thought we would be this bad under Wenger but he continues to surprise.
I'm not sure it's the worst when compared to a previous back 5 of Eboue, Senderos, Djourou, Clichy and Almunia. Add a midfield of Denilson, Song etc and this current team actually doesn't look bad. We got away with it because one or two major teams were always imploding notably Liverpool and Spurs. The league is more competitive now with the injection on TV money and teams are closer together. I would agree that this squad is one of the most imbalanced and there is no clear strategy to squad rebuilding. If you asked Wenger where he saw them in 2years he couldn't tell you. It's going to be a real disaster zone when a new manager eventually takes over.
In fairness general the team of Eboue etc didn't feel defensively weak as our current team. Maybe it's the system we are playing but we are very easy to score against and Lacazette normally has 6 defenders around him. It's not exciting to watch and I agree that Ozil is having a good season but he wants to leave.
Mustafi is just average and Cech seems to have floppy wrists.
Xhaka can't tackle without being sent off and Wilshere is always a game away from being out for another year. I'm guessing that happens just after he signs a bumper new deal.
Sanchez can't leave fast enough and if you add that we are not in the Champions League and the cost of a ball boy is over a million quid I agree with Augie it's going to be a shit storm

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:01 am

Personally I think that the elneny tweet was just posted as a bit of banter designed to dispel the stories of a split dressing room - "look guys, we are all friends here and continually have the banter between us cos we are a unified squad" :roll:

If you honestly think that ozil stays if sanchez goes, then you are deluding yourself - of all players in the squad, it always seems to me that sanchez gets on with ozil more than most, and ozil and sanchez are always quick to celebrate with each other when one of them scores a goal. For me it has always been an ambition thing that is driving both players out of the club, and I think that they see themselves as kindrid spirits in that regard, and that they are too good for a two bit club like ours :cry: :oops: :oops:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

100% spot on as usual...

Can add do agree with Steve O post that no one is bigger than the club....player or MANAGER

nut flush gooner

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:10 am
xisstential wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

100% spot on as usual...

Can add do agree with Steve O post that no one is bigger than the club....player or MANAGER
No one is doubting his quality, doesn't stop him from being an A1 *word censored* though does it ?

With regards to no one being bigger than the club, that's a fallacy these days.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:10 am
xisstential wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

100% spot on as usual...

No one is doubting his quality, doesn't stop him from being an A1 *word censored* though does it ?

With regards to no one being bigger than the club, that's a fallacy these days.

As per an earlier post think Sanchez was badly misled by Wenger, that team is never going to win a league title and he knows it, he is surrounded by sub standard players coasting along....as Wenger himself said being a player at the Arsenal is "paradise"

Sure Wallcott is a very nice guy drawing his £140K a week :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Cut down on the multi quoting ffs.. :twisted:

End of the day the Sanchez problem is just a symptom of having a scumbag owner and complicit bean counter manager, focusing on Sanchez is just wasting energy that should be used on slating Kroenke and his crony Wenger.

:censored: