Premier League refs

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Premier League refs

Post by augie »

And I suggest that you read the match thread again 8)

I haven't disputed the fact that there are a good few on here that have made statements along the lines of what you are saying, but my point is that there is also a lot on here that focused our ire on dean and not wenker - you said that this place is one dimensional and I was pointing out that a lot of people made comments that would contradict your sweeping statement.

I accept your apology 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:12 pm

I haven't disputed the fact that there are a good few on here that have made statements along the lines of what you are saying, but my point is that there is also a lot on here that focused our ire on dean and not wenker - you said that this place is one dimensional and I was pointing out that a lot of people made comments that would contradict your sweeping statement.

I said this thread was. And it is. I actually had a whole piece ready to write for the expected response you posted and now I find I just can't be fucked writing it tbh.

If I had to use one word to describe this forum nowadays, it would be; "tedious".

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 pm
augie wrote:

I said this thread was. And it is. I actually had a whole piece ready to write for the expected response you posted and now I find I just can't be fucked writing it tbh.

If I had to use one word to describe this forum nowadays, it would be; "tedious".

Without wishing to go all panto on you, "o no you didnt" :lol: You said "The poxy fucking one-dimensional agenda on here is choking the life out of the place"(as opposed to this thread 8) )

Dunno why I bothered pointing that out, cos sure as shit you will now use your mod superpowers to change your original post :wink: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:46 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Without wishing to go all panto on you, "o no you didnt" :lol: You said "The poxy fucking one-dimensional agenda on here is choking the life out of the place"(as opposed to this thread 8) )

Dunno why I bothered pointing that out, cos sure as shit you will now use your mod superpowers to change your original post :wink: :lol: :lol:
Still. Cannot. Be. Fucked. tbh. :| Can't even be bothered to change my OP to prove you wrong - that's how bad it's got. :lol:

Maybe I'll rise to the bait tomorrow but right now I'm just sick of reading the endless repetitive shite on here. :wink:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

It may be tedious but the Forum is going to reflect the football club and we must be the most tedious and predictable football club in the world.

Some say penalty - some say no penalty but what was obvious as soon as it was given, was that Wenger would use that to deflect from yet another weak performance. He has used similar deflection so many times.

He did it in 2008 when we went ahead on away goals at Anfield and immediately conceded a brainless penalty. He did it when Eboue conceded a 112th minute penalty against Liverpool after we had taken the lead. There are so many other examples of Wenger deflecting scrutiny away from his mis-management.

That's why we organised the protests last season and why we will protest again this season. Only once Wenger has gone can we start getting back to some good old fashioned unpredictability.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Once my legs had given up I tried reffing. It’s not until you do try it that you realise just what a difficult job it is. Professional or not a ref can only give what he sees.
Of course Mike Dean is a *word censored* and yes it wasn’t a pen but I have to say that from his view point he would have seen Chambers’ arm move towards the ball so in a split second I can understand how he’s seen it as deliberate even though the players were so close.
I really hope they throw the book at Wenger. He’s no fucking use on the bench anyway so stick him in the stands without a fucking phone link please.

General

Post by General »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm
Once my legs had given up I tried reffing. It’s not until you do try it that you realise just what a difficult job it is. Professional or not a ref can only give what he sees.
Of course Mike Dean is a *word censored* and yes it wasn’t a pen but I have to say that from his view point he would have seen Chambers’ arm move towards the ball so in a split second I can understand how he’s seen it as deliberate even though the players were so close.
I really hope they throw the book at Wenger. He’s no fucking use on the bench anyway so stick him in the stands without a fucking phone link please.
He should've also considered the distance between the offending player and the ball at the time it was struck and the rule book makes this explicitly clear. Mike Dean is an experienced referee who courts controversy season after season and at what point do the authorities decide that it's time to cut him lose? Of course it's given Wenger a convenient reason to divert attention from his failings and as much as despise the despicable senile French dinosuar, it shouldn't detract from Dean's incompetence. One of the most corrupt refereeing performances I've ever seen was at Birmingham 2008 when Eduardo suffered a broken leg. Dean again gave a last minute penalty for a non existent foul. He is far too impulsive for an experienced referee. Wenger can fail on his own without needing a helping hand.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It was an appalling decision - although not as bad as that Eduardo game where he first denied the most blatant of penalties for somebody pulling Adebayor’s shorts down then contrived to gift them a last minute penalty for the most transparent of dives. At least he managed to spot that tackle that shattered Eduardo’s leg.

Mike Dean is probably no worse than the rest but he is such an arrogant *word censored* who loves the limelight, so it’s much harder to swallow. He fucking loves being the star of these compilation clips.

Wenger hugely over-egging it by going on about the ‘scandalous’ decision tonight. Wasn’t even contact to make him go down if he didn’t want and certainly not on his upper shin where he was holding, but clumsy as fuck from Bellerin and in full time bet it looked a penalty - difficult for a ref at full speed there to judge exactly how hard he’s been kicked. We have had some stinkers this year (WBA and Watford away) which have cost us, but like everybody have also had some generous decisions and tonight Wilshere should have definitely gone st 0-0 so we were about even.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:29 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm
He should've also considered the distance between the offending player and the ball at the time it was struck and the rule book makes this explicitly clear. Mike Dean is an experienced referee who courts controversy season after season and at what point do the authorities decide that it's time to cut him lose? Of course it's given Wenger a convenient reason to divert attention from his failings and as much as despise the despicable senile French dinosuar, it shouldn't detract from Dean's incompetence. One of the most corrupt refereeing performances I've ever seen was at Birmingham 2008 when Eduardo suffered a broken leg. Dean again gave a last minute penalty for a non existent foul. He is far too impulsive for an experienced referee. Wenger can fail on his own without needing a helping hand.
This ^^ 8)