Chelsea home thread.. (to stop the whining :-))

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Chelsea home thread.. (to stop the whining :-))

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm

07/08 3rd
09/10 3rd
11/12 3rd
14/14 3rd
15/16 2nd
Of course.....that's me told isn't it cockwomble! Who could forget that majestic 2nd place when oil rich Leicester won the league and the Spuds threw in the towel with 2 games to spare. I presume from your highlighted trend we went on to finish at least 2nd, and possibly Champions the year after then??

You get the picture - there might be the odd place here or there from year to year, but shit for brains will never get this club back in the Champions League. If he does, feel free to come back and highlight the quote
[/quote]

05/06 4th
06/07 4th
08/09 4th
10/11 4th
12/13 4th

I win :twisted:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:

07/08 3rd
09/10 3rd
11/12 3rd
14/14 3rd
15/16 2nd

05/06 4th
06/07 4th
08/09 4th
10/11 4th
12/13 4th

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
beck wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:43 pm
The banners aren't far away lads. After this likely dicking we'll be 6 points below Liverpool, effectively 7 with goal difference and then the 'luvvies' who still give 2 fucks about qualifying for that shitty thing will realise what most of us have known since even before the season begun. There isn't a hope in hell of this manager getting us back in the CL ever again. Once he drops a level, he never goes back up......Champions became perennial runners up, became 4th, became 5th and there is no chance on this earth of finishing higher than 6th this season

For those of us relieved not to be embarrassing ourselves against teams who actually set out to win the thing, this is the most beautiful time of the season. The proper cups begin, the proper fans come out for them, and the senile old c.unt goes through the wringer every week in the league as the media spotlight turns up and the banners come out. Its almost as inevitable as the decorations coming down after Christmas. Chelsea will disappear 10 points out of sight tomorrow night and it will all sink in as our ragbag backline get cut to ribbons. Our defence is pathetic enough already but with no Koscielny and no Monreal, that's no chance. Hazard will skin them alive.

Going into the New Year and we will be closer to Burnley than we will Chavski or the Mickeys. Get used to it because it will be this way forever under the wig wearing c.unt, the slimy bastard puppet he employs and the senile old c.unt supposedly running the team.

TIME FOR THE BANNERS - HAPPY NEW YEAR! ONE JACQUI OATLEY.......THERE'S ONLY ONE JACQUI OATLEY

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
07/08 3rd
09/10 3rd
11/12 3rd
14/14 3rd
15/16 2nd
Of course.....that's me told isn't it cockwomble! Who could forget that majestic 2nd place when oil rich Leicester won the league and the Spuds threw in the towel with 2 games to spare. I presume from your highlighted trend we went on to finish at least 2nd, and possibly Champions the year after then??

You get the picture - there might be the odd place here or there from year to year, but shit for brains will never get this club back in the Champions League. If he does, feel free to come back and highlight the quote
Not that 2nd is something to celebrate in future years, but those aren't even 2nd-placed finishes where we've run the winners close. We haven't been in a title race at the business end of the season since we won it in 2004, and the last side we had which looked seriously capable of winning it in 2008 were out of the race long before April rolled around.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:51 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

07/08 3rd
09/10 3rd
11/12 3rd
14/14 3rd
15/16 2nd

05/06 4th
06/07 4th
08/09 4th
10/11 4th
12/13 4th

And you saved your trump card of 6th 17/18 up your sleeve.

beck

Post by beck »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:14 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
beck wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
The banners aren't far away lads. After this likely dicking we'll be 6 points below Liverpool, effectively 7 with goal difference and then the 'luvvies' who still give 2 fucks about qualifying for that shitty thing will realise what most of us have known since even before the season begun. There isn't a hope in hell of this manager getting us back in the CL ever again. Once he drops a level, he never goes back up......Champions became perennial runners up, became 4th, became 5th and there is no chance on this earth of finishing higher than 6th this season

For those of us relieved not to be embarrassing ourselves against teams who actually set out to win the thing, this is the most beautiful time of the season. The proper cups begin, the proper fans come out for them, and the senile old c.unt goes through the wringer every week in the league as the media spotlight turns up and the banners come out. Its almost as inevitable as the decorations coming down after Christmas. Chelsea will disappear 10 points out of sight tomorrow night and it will all sink in as our ragbag backline get cut to ribbons. Our defence is pathetic enough already but with no Koscielny and no Monreal, that's no chance. Hazard will skin them alive.

Going into the New Year and we will be closer to Burnley than we will Chavski or the Mickeys. Get used to it because it will be this way forever under the wig wearing c.unt, the slimy bastard puppet he employs and the senile old c.unt supposedly running the team.

TIME FOR THE BANNERS - HAPPY NEW YEAR! ONE JACQUI OATLEY.......THERE'S ONLY ONE JACQUI OATLEY

07/08 3rd
09/10 3rd
11/12 3rd
14/14 3rd
15/16 2nd

Not that 2nd is something to celebrate in future years, but those aren't even 2nd-placed finishes where we've run the winners close. We haven't been in a title race at the business end of the season since we won it in 2004, and the last side we had which looked seriously capable of winning it in 2008 were out of the race long before April rolled around.
April 2008
Having just come back from 2 down at Bolton with 10 men after diaby was sent off
To win 3-2
And having to put up with ty on the coach back threatening to ruin the movie( I now pronounce you chuck and Larry)
We went into April with 6 games to go
United on 76 points
Chelsea on 71 points
Us on 70
The league was won with 87 points
We had to go to old Trafford where we took the lead
Wenger may have given up the title at Birmingham but I didn't and neither did those fans at Bolton
Somebody needed to tell that to the fans at the Emirates
It was like a morgue for the boro and villa games
Those fans wouldn't have even taken the coach out the car park to anfield 89 after the Derby and Wimbledon games
We were in that title race in April
Shame on Wenger and the negative nellies for not declaring Birmingham as a good point on a difficult day
That was the message needed
Not the utter bollocks of picking up gallas
The *word censored* should have been stripped of captaincy and sacked by the club
Mcklintock would have took the paint of the dressing room walls
But he wouldn't have shown a weakness to the outside world
Woh is us
I have never heard so much negativity around the club
Wenger has done a job of turning so many into fucking snowflakes
That ain't my arsenal and it sickens me that it's now so Manys on here

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

beck wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:14 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
beck wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

07/08 3rd
09/10 3rd
11/12 3rd
14/14 3rd
15/16 2nd

April 2008
Having just come back from 2 down at Bolton with 10 men after diaby was sent off
To win 3-2
And having to put up with ty on the coach back threatening to ruin the movie( I now pronounce you chuck and Larry)
We went into April with 6 games to go
United on 76 points
Chelsea on 71 points
Us on 70
The league was won with 87 points
We had to go to old Trafford where we took the lead
Wenger may have given up the title at Birmingham but I didn't and neither did those fans at Bolton
Somebody needed to tell that to the fans at the Emirates
It was like a morgue for the boro and villa games
Those fans wouldn't have even taken the coach out the car park to anfield 89 after the Derby and Wimbledon games
We were in that title race in April
Shame on Wenger and the negative nellies for not declaring Birmingham as a good point on a difficult day
That was the message needed
Not the utter bollocks of picking up gallas
The *word censored* should have been stripped of captaincy and sacked by the club
Mcklintock would have took the paint of the dressing room walls
But he wouldn't have shown a weakness to the outside world
Woh is us
I have never heard so much negativity around the club
Wenger has done a job of turning so many into fucking snowflakes
That ain't my arsenal and it sickens me that it's now so Manys on here
Had we held on to the lead at Old Trafford we would have won the league I think...73 points each but can’t remember the goal difference ‘ scored back then

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Beck how on earth were we meant to declare Birmingham as a good point? Eduardo's leg was shattered to pieces, we chucked away (albeit fucked by two appalling refereeing decisions) 2 points at the death and the selfish prick masquerading as a captain had a breakdown. It wasn't that we needed to brand it a good point, it's that (like any title-winning side) we needed to rally when things were going against us and respond. Like when we crashed out of the FA Cup and CL in the same week in 2004, then came from 2-1 at home at HT to thrash Liverpool. Instead we took 8 points from 8 league games in 2008, in a complete implosion that has become something of a trademark for us since.

That side was brittle but ultimately the squad was too thin and when Adebayor went off the boil and Eduardo got injured there was nobody to pick up the slack. We also had a similar combination of getting shafted and bottling it against Liverpool in Europe, and ultimately were not far off one of the best sides in PL history in that United team. It was a great platform to build on, but instead of strengthening then he watched as Flamini inevitably left on a free (having sold Diarra in January) and replaced them with Amaury Bischoff. Nasri was a decent addition to the squad but a 17-year old Ramsey and Silvestre were hardly going to take us to new heights when we were crying out to be seriously strengthened in key areas.

That was the start of his vanity project and it's all been downhill since then.

beck

Post by beck »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 pm
Beck how on earth were we meant to declare Birmingham as a good point? Eduardo's leg was shattered to pieces, we chucked away (albeit fucked by two appalling refereeing decisions) 2 points at the death and the selfish prick masquerading as a captain had a breakdown. It wasn't that we needed to brand it a good point, it's that (like any title-winning side) we needed to rally when things were going against us and respond. Like when we crashed out of the FA Cup and CL in the same week in 2004, then came from 2-1 at home at HT to thrash Liverpool. Instead we took 8 points from 8 league games in 2008, in a complete implosion that has become something of a trademark for us since.

That side was brittle but ultimately the squad was too thin and when Adebayor went off the boil and Eduardo got injured there was nobody to pick up the slack. We also had a similar combination of getting shafted and bottling it against Liverpool in Europe, and ultimately were not far off one of the best sides in PL history in that United team. It was a great platform to build on, but instead of strengthening then he watched as Flamini inevitably left on a free (having sold Diarra in January) and replaced them with Amaury Bischoff. Nasri was a decent addition to the squad but a 17-year old Ramsey and Silvestre were hardly going to take us to new heights when we were crying out to be seriously strengthened in key areas.

That was the start of his vanity project and it's all been downhill since then.
I can't argue with anything you have said and as a fan it was infuriating not to win at Birmingham but the last thing we needed was a manager saying they are very down
I don't know how to lift them
That is the job he is very well paid for
If we were short it was his fault
A window had come and gone and we saw the first signs of him not hoping for the best but planning for the worst
We were still in a winning position after that Birmingham game