THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wilson wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 am

I believe in a purge once Wenger goes. All the Wenger hang overs and loyalists need to go. I dont want a former player taking over, or even being on the coaching staff.

I think Henry is like Gary Neville - good pundit but would be a shit manager. Martin Keown has been saying that Wenger needs to strengthen the Arsenal backline for 10 years now. Martin you fuking idiot, if he didnt do it in year 2, 4 or 6, why would he in year 11?

The club needs a complete wash over and anyone associated with Wenger cannot take a position at the club. So yes, they all need to be named and suspended from the rebuilding that will need to take place after Wenger goes.

The worse thing that could happen, is for someone to try and improve on Wenger whilst staying true to his approach. Unless we eliminate this cult of personality Wenger has indoctrinated, we are headed for lower mid table range (5th-8th being our new range), and we wont be competitive beyond the odd cup run.
Depends who they are really, I wouldn't mind seeing Vieira back at the club, he was certainly no Wenger loyalist even though he played under him for most of his career, same does for DB10 I suspect.

I don't know why some on here take it so personally that a lot of ex-players defend Wenger to the hilt, you've got to remember they are very subjective in their opinions because what he did for their careers, I tend to just ignore their opinions because they will always be biased towards Wenger.

Anyway I don't know how they could stay true to his 'approach' because nobody knows what his approach is anymore, even the current players!. I'm not sure we'll be competitive anyway because I don't trust Kroenke not to take money out of the club and he certainly wont put any in, we just have to hope Gazidis and co do a good job working with the "self sustaining" model, I wont hold my breath.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From Sportskeeda...

A study published by Soccerex Football Finance, that was published on 4th of January this year states that Arsenal is the 2nd richest club in the world, second only to Manchester City. The club has £766 million in fixed assets and that is more than any other club anywhere in the world.

augie

Post by augie »

According to steve mcclaren (wally with the brolly :barscarf: :wink: ) 'Barkley can move to next level' after signing for the chavs - can someone tell him that "the next level is the next level", or better still get him to let wenker know what the next fcuking level is :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Chavs only signing Berkley because he's English and they have so few English players in their first team squad, ironic because they have probably the best youth team but none of them get a chance, they just farm them out to teams abroad who they have dodgy 'special' relationships with :roll:

Modern football.. :roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I have to admit, i was embarrassed with myself for getting angry over the Mike Dean incident at West Brom, but it's more embarrassing watching wanker use referees to hide his own shortcomings. He was right to be angry after the West Brom penalty, but to then claim that the Hazard incident wasn't a penalty was crazy. How many times has Sanchez gone down easy, after barely being tackled, yet Wenger would lose it, if someone questioned him on it. Imagine back in '04 if anyone tried telling wanker that Arsenal don't deserve to be unbeaten, because Pires dived against Portsmouth, Wenger would laugh that off. The only scenario in which a referee can properly cheat you over a season, is in a cup match, but to claim every referee is out to get us, is beyond laughable and can be easily debunked.

General

Post by General »

Wilson wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:59 am
Wilson wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:49 am
The lowering of expectations will be lowered even further to rationalize Wenger position at the club. Its gone from 'no right to win the league', to 'no right to finish in the top 4 ', and it will be 'no right to qualify for the Europea league' in due time

If this does happen, then those who supported Wenger - including Keown, Henry, and all the other Wenger apologists need to be named. I dont care how great a player you were for this club.

The writing has been on the wall for years yet many ignored them and stuck to the juvenile argument that only Wenger can manage Arsenal.
:lol: :lol:

What exactly will that achieve? Naming them? It's not World War 2 with us identifying quislings to the resistance lynch mobs, it's not the Nuremberg trials ffs! :lol: And who exactly is going to "name them"? A few punters on a forum that they have never heard of? Ooh, I can see zero fucks being given. :oops: :lol:
I believe in a purge once Wenger goes. All the Wenger hang overs and loyalists need to go. I dont want a former player taking over, or even being on the coaching staff.

I think Henry is like Gary Neville - good pundit but would be a shit manager. Martin Keown has been saying that Wenger needs to strengthen the Arsenal backline for 10 years now. Martin you fuking idiot, if he didnt do it in year 2, 4 or 6, why would he in year 11?

The club needs a complete wash over and anyone associated with Wenger cannot take a position at the club. So yes, they all need to be named and suspended from the rebuilding that will need to take place after Wenger goes.

The worse thing that could happen, is for someone to try and improve on Wenger whilst staying true to his approach. Unless we eliminate this cult of personality Wenger has indoctrinated, we are headed for lower mid table range (5th-8th being our new range), and we wont be competitive beyond the odd cup run.
There is a danger of looking too far ahead here. Wenger leaving would bring immediate material change and his associates hanging around is the least of my concerns. The new manager could be installed and specifically instructed to perpetuate the old fraud's outdated philosophies but execution will not be the same. We may well fail but the pattern would not be the same and I'm just looking forward to watching something different.

Some of us would like to see a complete re-construction of the footballing structure and Monk to cleanse the place and remove all traces of Wenger but any step change is going to take years to achieve and possibly a few managers too. The club effectively has two choices - appoint a relatively young manager to continue Wenger's philosophies or bring in an experienced head in the mould of Hiddink, Ancelotti, Lippi etc. United proved that the first option is the riskier option and we certainly won't be immune to getting dragged into a relegation dogfight considering Wenger will be leaving behind an absolute mess of a playing legacy compared to Fungus.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:36 am
Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger went in there and told them exactly what he said to Dean, as he's that damn arrogant. Shouting at the FA board "that's the truth, you can't handle the truth!!", as he's being led out the door.
Trouble is wenger doesn't have a scooby what the actual real truth is anymore - as he lives in La La Land. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: Just FUCKOFF Wenger ya CUNTT.

beck

Post by beck »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 am
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:34 am
Oh the irony of wenker talking about referee's living in the past :roll:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -dark-ages
Something he has in common with them then..

I think the review system in cricket works quite well - 2 'appeals' per match for each team and that is it, I don't think it works well in Rugby where the ref can check everything, it will slow the game down too much.

Anyway whatever, Wenger's a c**t.
I can't stand the idea of a review system that has anything to do with the managers
It should remain in the hands of the officials with the 4 th official drawing to the referees attention any glaring mistakes
This should happen one hundred times or none
I hate the idea of restricted challenges
It would be used for gamesmanship and should have nothing to do with the managers

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:49 am
From Sportskeeda...

A study published by Soccerex Football Finance, that was published on 4th of January this year states that Arsenal is the 2nd richest club in the world, second only to Manchester City. The club has £766 million in fixed assets and that is more than any other club anywhere in the world.
Wenger always using the financial excuse as to lack of a title challenge....seems not exactly shaping the barrel at the moment.....must be all those replica shirt sales in the far east...

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:51 am
According to steve mcclaren (wally with the brolly :barscarf: :wink: ) 'Barkley can move to next level' after signing for the chavs - can someone tell him that "the next level is the next level", or better still get him to let wenker know what the next fcuking level is :roll: :banghead: :banghead:
Wenger couldn't find the next level if the c*nt was driving around a multi story car park

Sean

Post by Sean »

In light of yet another humiliating cup exit under The Old Fraud...

FUCK OFF, WENGER!!! :censored:

phpBB [video]

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

I could fill this page with hate for the manager but in simple terms...fuck off wenger!

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

For the love of god, please make it stop FFS.

I only people probably change when they become multi-millionaires but I can't help but think that if I had 30-40m in the bank, I wouldn't really be bothered about continuing in a 10m pa job unless I was really enjoying it. He's clearly not enjoying it, so F off and retire. This is just so ludicrous.

Ahhhhhh.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From todays Sun...

Even Mourinho's incredible past successes cannot guarantee him job security, hence his current perceived panic, or should it be manic, behaviour.

It is insecurity bound with a drive for results and success which drive JM and PG. Why should we expect anything less from Wenger? The EPL has progressed at an alarming pace but AW and Arsenal are caught in a time warp of Wenger's own choosing and sadly and embarrassingly are in denial and decline. AW's arrogance is incredible cited recently by his own assertion that Arsenal's new chief scout is finding it difficult to adapt to HIS ways! AW is a nervous wreck in the dugout but shines in his incessant interviews. How will he spins this latest failure?