Nottingham Forest (A) | FA Cup R3 | Sun 7 Jan 16:00 | BT Sport

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Nottingham Forest (A) | FA Cup R3 | Sun 7 Jan 16:00 | BT Sport

Post by Nos89 »

Don't know why a lot of Arsenal fans on here and on social media are getting all upset?
last season when we won it, those same supporters were saying this is a nothing trophy, not big enough trophy for Arsenal to be winning, should be aiming higher. Losing this match won't change a thing because we can still win two other trophies.
Both the manager who picked the players, and the players who didn't perform let the club down. Now there is no excuse to play all the first 11, whoever is left at the club after the January window closes, to play in every game including Europa League.
If there's any consolation after the Wrexham defeat in 1992, we went on a 17 game unbeaten run, turning in some great performances and great goals. But given that 2017 was the worst calender year in the league since 1984, hopefully we can do better than 1985.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Just one word! Snigger :lol: :lol: :lol:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Where’s Laughing Gooner? :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

On Twitter.."two defeats in the FA Cup in four years is a record to be proud of"....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 am
I have a horrible feeling the Europa Cup will come to his rescue this time round. I'm not saying he'll win it, but I think he will somehow scrape past the Swedish part-timers and then manage to get lucky through to the semis or even final by avoiding the few decent sides in the competition.

This will somehow mask our general decline in the eyes of the sheep who will get all excited at the thought of another European final.

I hope I am wrong but the man has the luck of the devil. The top 4 may be disappearing over the horizon, we may be put of the FA Cup and we will lose either to Chelsea or City in the League Cup, but we will follow fearlessly in the footsteps of Fulham and Middlesbrough in blazing a trail through the Europa Cup knockout rounds.
We won’t do anything in the Europa League unless we play a full side. There aren’t many excellent teams in the competition but equally we won’t beat decent sides over two legs fielding the sort of side we have in the cup competitions to date.

And with the amount of games the competition throws up (if you stay in) Wenger won’t do that.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

When you think Arsenal cannot reach newer depths along comes a game like this. This is as embarrassing as Wrexham and York . This is worse as in Wrexham and York the stars were aligned against us, York,dodgy penalty on a pitch that " if it was a racecourse the races would have been abandoned " to quote someone at the time .Wrexham was awful but we to a degree we were stitched up by a referee who was enjoying the occasion.
Yesterday was none of those, it was a deserved humiliation. The lineup and more specifically the bench was criminal..What are Arsenal resting players for? A non existent title challengers? An assault on the Europa League knockout stages? A Cup semi final of a competition that the manager has no interest in?
There is nothing to say about the game that hasn't already been said.Wenger and his apologists bleated enough about his recent FA Cup record now they all have to accept that he was massively at fault yesterday.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Thank fuck we will not see the mugshots of Kronski Beat and his Kronies at Wembley in their red ties hobnobbing around and trying to workout Law 11 along with the rest of you tossers!.... :lol: :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:21 am
When you think Arsenal cannot reach newer depths along comes a game like this. This is as embarrassing as Wrexham and York . This is worse as in Wrexham and York the stars were aligned against us, York,dodgy penalty on a pitch that " if it was a racecourse the races would have been abandoned " to quote someone at the time .Wrexham was awful but we to a degree we were stitched up by a referee who was enjoying the occasion.
Yesterday was none of those, it was a deserved humiliation. The lineup and more specifically the bench was criminal..What are Arsenal resting players for? A non existent title challengers? An assault on the Europa League knockout stages? A Cup semi final of a competition that the manager has no interest in?
There is nothing to say about the game that hasn't already been said.Wenger and his apologists bleated enough about his recent FA Cup record now they all have to accept that he was massively at fault yesterday.
From memory we pretty much played the first team vs Wrexham, but yesterday to put that team out without any backup on the bench shows a lack of preparation and respect for the FA cup. AW didn't look bothered at all, he knows he's got the club wrapped round his little deluded finger. Boycotting the club won't make any difference, for every fan that ditches his season ticket there are 5 football tourists waiting to take his place. Sad times at our once great club.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Don’t agree with that - tourists won’t keep coming with what’s on offer at Arsenal these days.

Why would you pay to come and watch Walcott and Welbeck at Arsenal when you could go and watch Harry Kane at Wembley for cheaper ?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:15 am
Don’t agree with that - tourists won’t keep coming with what’s on offer at Arsenal these days.

Why would you pay to come and watch Walcott and Welbeck at Arsenal when you could go and watch Harry Kane at Wembley for cheaper ?
Harry Kane the one that got away! :lol:
Real Madrid beckons.... :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:15 am

Of course they will, there's a huge industry with packages for premier league games combined with weekend breaks in London. Arsenal is 2 stops from Central London, all you have to do is look round on match days at the number of foreign fans milling around the ground. Whenever there are tickets put on exchange in my block (north lower behind the goal) there is a huge chance that someone from abroad will buy the ticket. And that's through official sources.

Arsenal is as much a tourist destination as many other attractions in London these days.

You have to remember for Asian fans in particular, they rarely get to see players of the quality in the PL in their home leagues.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:03 pm
Come on SteveO you’re teasing us!!!
Steve, the suspense is killing me! Come on mate, cheer me up

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yesterday, for me, was possibly the worst team performance since the 8-2 against Man United.
Up against an average, managerless lower league team, AMN and Nelson aside, it was a disgrace. I don’t give a fuck about the result, but the performance speaks volumes. The performance of one man in particular epitomises everything that is Wrong with Wongas squad management.
Theo Walcott. Arsenal pay him something like £1m every 2 months. He shows zero skill and even worse zero desire and yet Wonga is desperate to keep him, because he is a senior ‘yes’ man.
When you see players like Walcott, Elneny, Iwobi, Mertesacker, Debuchy etc strolling around the pitch showing fuck all desire despite the fact that they should be fighting for a first team place, you know it’s a lost cause, totally lost. The owner doesn’t care, the manager doesn’t care, and the players don’t care. It’s time for the fans to stop caring. (a lot of us have a long time ago).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Firstly, no one can say Forest didn't deserve the win, even with some refereeing clangers. They were hungry, inventive, adventurous and committed. We were absolute rubbish. They were the better team in every area of the pitch, despite our usual boring pointless possession stats.

For the record, I agree with NB123, it was a double touch on the penno but either way it made no difference to the result.

Worst player for me was Comedy Iwobi. Okay, I know he had some stiff competition from utter garbage like the BGV, Holding, Ospi- actually everyone except AMN, Willock and Nelson who at least tried to spark some adventure and endeavour.

Anyway, back to Comedy Iwobi. Worst, most clueless player I've seen since Comedy Eboue. He reminds me of that 15 year old kid we all knew that was immense at flicks and tricks on a five-a-side indoor football pitch but fucking useless outside in an 11 a-side game. No perception of passing distances or pitch dynamics, tries to dribble through oppo players rather than around them, blindly passes in the general direction of team mates no matter how many oppo players are between him and his intended target. Just fucking awful. :roll:

It's also shameful that Wenger has been let get away with treating a competition like the FA Cup with such disdain. :censored:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:40 am
Don't know why a lot of Arsenal fans on here and on social media are getting all upset?
last season when we won it, those same supporters were saying this is a nothing trophy, not big enough trophy for Arsenal to be winning, should be aiming higher. Losing this match won't change a thing because we can still win two other trophies.
Both the manager who picked the players, and the players who didn't perform let the club down. Now there is no excuse to play all the first 11, whoever is left at the club after the January window closes, to play in every game including Europa League.
If there's any consolation after the Wrexham defeat in 1992, we went on a 17 game unbeaten run, turning in some great performances and great goals. But given that 2017 was the worst calender year in the league since 1984, hopefully we can do better than 1985.
So what's your advice to thoroughly pissed off supporters like me? Get right behind the team?? Cheer them to the rafters?? Hope and pray that we finish 4th, so we can do it all again next season??

Look at the defending for Forest's first goal. Just like weve seen before against West Brom, Man Utd, Liverpool and many others it would shame a pub team. So why do you think that we should just carry on?

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 am
Yesterday, for me, was possibly the worst team performance since the 8-2 against Man United.
Up against an average, managerless lower league team, AMN and Nelson aside, it was a disgrace. I don’t give a fuck about the result, but the performance speaks volumes. The performance of one man in particular epitomises everything that is Wrong with Wongas squad management.
Theo Walcott. Arsenal pay him something like £1m every 2 months. He shows zero skill and even worse zero desire and yet Wonga is desperate to keep him, because he is a senior ‘yes’ man.
When you see players like Walcott, Elneny, Iwobi, Mertesacker, Debuchy etc strolling around the pitch showing fuck all desire despite the fact that they should be fighting for a first team place, you know it’s a lost cause, totally lost. The owner doesn’t care, the manager doesn’t care, and the players don’t care. It’s time for the fans to stop caring. (a lot of us have a long time ago).

If wally was serious about his football career he would have left after being left out of englands euro 2016 squad, but instead staying for the easy money and easy life was more important to him :roll: Now 18 months later he finds himself lining up alongside some of the most average young players the club has produced in a long, long time, amd unable to get on the pitch at all for most league games - now he and the club are stuck in a mess cos his salary and transfer fee will price him out of most clubs budget, and we can only hope that southampton are willing to blow their van dijk budget on some absolute shite high profile players to appease their fans. Loaning him out as an absolute no-no for me, and it is high time the club cut their losses on him and accept that all he is ever gonna be is a poster boy for all that is wrong with arsene fc :roll: