Who Has Less Guts & Determination?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
elpelsarmy

Who Has Less Guts & Determination?

Post by elpelsarmy »

The England Cricket Team or Arsenal`s First team squad?

I think its the England Cricket Team, they should have been brought home when the Ashes had been lost after the 3rd Test, put in stocks outside the Tower of London and had rotten tomatoes thrown at them for a month as we walked past!

To show less bottle than Arsenal at the moment is a disgrace, thats a low place to go.

sk-gtfo

Re: Who Has Less Guts & Determination?

Post by sk-gtfo »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm
The England Cricket Team or Arsenal`s First team squad?

I think its the England Cricket Team, they should have been brought home when the Ashes had been lost after the 3rd Test, put in stocks outside the Tower of London and had rotten tomatoes thrown at them for a month as we walked past!

To show less bottle than Arsenal at the moment is a disgrace, thats a low place to go.
Haha they should all be taken to the tower and be put on the rack, apart from Joe Root who is England's Sanchez.

:roll:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Tough one.

They're both a product of the modern sporting era, where fame, money and lifestyle are more important than legacy. Both teams are full of incredibly well paid, self satisfied, deluded wankers. And each is "managed" by somebody resembling a confused old chap, walking around the grounds of a nursing home, wondering where he's left his false teeth.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Knew exactly what the comparison would be as soon as I saw the thread title. :cussing:

The only difference for me is that I still care about the England cricket team although that could soon change if the glaring problems aren't addressed in favour of £££ (sounds familiar). Another defeat coming in NZ before the cracks are papered over against Pakistan and India in the summer. We'll probably win a few meaningless one day series as well in front of sell out crowds to swell the coffers.

Bayliss please fuck off, although like Arsenal, the problems go a lot deeper.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I think both are very close. A couple of decent players, some that shouldn't be anywhere near the team, the same mistakes and same defeats in the same manner time after time.
The main difference is that the ECB have at least tried to change things over the years whereas Arsenal have just done fuck all and accepted shit standards again and again. Plus, I actually like some of the cricketers and don't really like any Arsenal players.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Cricket is Schmicket and wenger's a cun.t

simples :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:30 pm
I think both are very close. A couple of decent players, some that shouldn't be anywhere near the team, the same mistakes and same defeats in the same manner time after time.
The main difference is that the ECB have at least tried to change things over the years whereas Arsenal have just done fuck all and accepted shit standards again and again. Plus, I actually like some of the cricketers and don't really like any Arsenal players.
Agree with this. I do think the cricketers care about their performance just that most of them aren't good enough, whereas Arsenal don't care AND are not good enough. The ECB have made changes but probably too many Imo. Primarily the switch in focus to one day cricket. To some extent I understand that with the World Cup here next year, but Test cricket should always come first for me. If you happen to be good at one day cricket as well as the true form of the game, like the great Australia and West Indies teams, then great but Test cricket should never be compromised in favour of one day cricket.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Knew exactly what the comparison would be as soon as I saw the thread title. :cussing:

The only difference for me is that I still care about the England cricket team although that could soon change if the glaring problems aren't addressed in favour of £££ (sounds familiar). Another defeat coming in NZ before the cracks are papered over against Pakistan and India in the summer. We'll probably win a few meaningless one day series as well in front of sell out crowds to swell the coffers.

Bayliss please fuck off, although like Arsenal, the problems go a lot deeper.

Announced this morning that Bayliss has "done a Wenger" and given himself another 2 years before leaving on his own terms!! how about you go now because you have been in charge of an absolute shambles of a team and disgraced this country over the last 3 months?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Where do I start?
If it were brawling in the bars, England cricket would be tops!.... :lol: :barscarf:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

At least the England cricket team had the excuse they were getting drunk and acting like schoolboys by partying and pouring beer over each other, not like Iwobi, the very model of a professional modern day athlete.... :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Incomparable, every test went to 5 days, Arsenal's title challenge was over after 5 matches...

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Bump

After a few months of flat track bullying in pointless limited overs matches, the proper stuff starts again and the useless bastards crumble, again.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Bring them home mid test!
Disgraceful, awful, embarrassing performance AGAIN!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

English cricket sold out to SKY over a decade ago, and no one under the age of 30 is now interested in the sport.
the decline at the top level has now set in. this has been expected.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

A whole generation of kids are growing up not interested in cricket, in London at least.

The cricket governing bodies don't give a shite, as long as the Sky cash rolls in, these are the same type of old duffers, like most of the Arsenal board of directors who bent over like the slags they are for american cash! :cussing:

Remember Allen Stanford & his $8billions in dodgy cash, landing in a chopper at Lords! :barscarf: