Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:43 pm
bergkamp10 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:21 am

I always listened without the commentators b******it. Fan Zone was good for a while mind.
Have to say I thought the FanZone thing was cringeworthy bollocks and could only happen in the modern era where being seen on TV and becoming some mini-celebrity is the main attraction.

And how many of us would be able to sit there and take it when someone is balling in our face after their team has just scored a late winner against you? It just played along to the stereotypical fan that the media desperately wants to exist. Partisan and passionate but still able to shake hands at the end :roll:

Opting to be in a TV studio instead of the ground ..... shouting and screaming cliches ....... making up your own player nicknames hoping they will catch on ........ and wearing a replica kit is not my idea of a real fan. Its my idea of an attention seeking knob. The fact that nobody got punched in the face live on air makes me question the whole integrity of it. I am glad they've finally dropped that juvenile bullshit.
^^^ This. Every single word. 8)

Tried watching it a couple of times and just thought "what a couple of absolute prize pricks" each time. :oops: :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

FA Cup weekend - should be just that, weekend only
not all this Friday to Monday diluted crap

ok so the Merseyside derby is on TV tonight but why is the Man United game being played as well??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:02 pm

ok so the Merseyside derby is on TV tonight but why is the Man United game being played as well??
Fuck yeah. In fact it should be FA Cup Saturday only - with EVERY game kicking off at 3pm on Saturday.

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Fuck yeah. In fact it should be FA Cup Saturday only - with EVERY game kicking off at 3pm on Saturday.
And any replays next Wednesday

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Continuing on this theme. The BBC continually wanking over "the magic of the cup" then insisting on games on Friday and Monday nights, as well as moving a few games to Sunday 2pm to do a shit Final Score updates programme.

Derby fans being royally fucked over because Asia just has to be able to watch Man U.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Tried watching it a couple of times and just thought "what a couple of absolute prize pricks" each time. :oops: :roll:
There's one that can be the exception though, when Citeh beat United 6-1:

https://youtu.be/VdL6vvByiYU

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mistical92 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 pm

There's one that can be the exception though, when Citeh beat United 6-1:

https://youtu.be/VdL6vvByiYU
What about "It's only Ray Parlour....."

Clash

Post by Clash »

Too many people at too many clubs these days act like being asked to play games is an inconvenience for them. Like they are being asked to do too much.

I tell you what ... if you do not like the privileged position you're in where you are paid millions to be involved in the game ... then fuck off and do something else.

How have we allowed these fuckers to get away with this bullshit and fob us off with excuses about how they have to prioritise games.

We took several thousand fans to Nottingham yesterday ... a long trip on a Sunday .. and they get to see a weakend team and a deserved defeat. How can there be no comeback for this?

Without sounding arrogant, we have players who would have won that game. But we were prepared to gamble, leave them at home and go out of te competition. And for what? Other competitions that are worth more money? Even though we dont need more money ... we are prepared to lose dignity because money and profit is the most important thing.

Owners may set the agenda but they should fuck off too. Owning a football club should not be able making profits. How has the FA allowed this to happen? Because they are a bunch of self-serving charlatans who are on the make themselves.

Even Leeds made 9 changes and were knocked out by Newport. They'll make the excuse that promotion is their priority and they will get away with it.

Of all the things that stink about modern football, the acceptance of clubs fielding weakened teams is one of the ones I hate the most.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I agree with Clash, but where did this play a weakened team come from?
Whilst us Neanderthals of the game had one substitute (was a reserve player back in the day) your 1st team hardly ever changed barring illness and injury of course, so if you used your reserve and you had a couple injured after the change, you were fucked!
The modern pussy game came from FIFA and UEFA and foreign coaches like "Proshake Wenger"
TV has also fucked the fan, yesterday's game on Sunday 4pm, long trip, Wenger rings the changes like he did at Manu 10 or so seasons ago and we get whacked, the travelling fan gets fucked...
Now why the fuck are you going to games at such anti social hours and when you know Wenger is going to fuck you in your arse as he also dips his hand in your pocket for the privilege....
Still have not entered the thieving Emirates, purchased any merchandising, and only renew Silver and Travel Club... :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am
Of all the things that stink about modern football, the acceptance of clubs fielding weakened teams is one of the ones I hate the most.
Hard to disagree with any of that, looking back I am trying to think as to at what point did it become acceptable to do is and why?, do clubs really play that many more games today than they did 20, 30, 40 years ago?.

The first thing I would like to 'cull' is the group stage bs in all competitions, i.e. the CL/EL, meaningless games just to up the number of fixtures for TV, when was the last time RM, Barca or Bayern failed to get out of their group?!, even as shocking as we have been over the last 10+ years I think we have only once failed to progress from the group stage in the CL, which says it all really.

Even the name "champions league" annoys me, half the teams in it have finished 2nd/3rd/4th in their domestic league, so how the f*ck can it be called the "champions league" anyway?. Don't even get me started on 'seeding' the draws.

Gone off on a tangent a bit but yes weakened teams is another thing to hate about modern football.. :censored:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

That is why Cup credits should not be on the season tickets, imagine the savings and the wasted time and effort to get to these games when they fuck about with the line ups...
If you went to the theatre and they served up the B cast, would you not feel ripped off?...

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 pm
That is why Cup credits should not be on the season tickets, imagine the savings and the wasted time and effort to get to these games when they fuck about with the line ups...
If you went to the theatre and they served up the B cast, would you not feel ripped off?...
We are (were),one of the only clubs that added the cup matches on the season ticket - nowadays they wouldn’t sell the 40,0000 season tickets for a mundane match in any cup , so they will carry on regardless.

Money grabbing :censored:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Match day hospitality

And more to the point why oh fucking why is there an advert for Arsenal match day hospitality across my screen on this site !!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:33 pm
Match day hospitality

And more to the point why oh fucking why is there an advert for Arsenal match day hospitality across my screen on this site !!
Because the magic millionaire pixies don't pay for the constant running and upkeep of this site... :roll: :censored:

:D :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

MONEYBAGS Manchester City starlet Tosin Adarabioyo, 20, has splurged £2.25million on a mansion — despite never starting a Premier League game