Bournemouth (A) 14th Jan 13.30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blade

Re: Bournemouth (A) 14th Jan 13.30

Post by Blade »

Another player has socred his 1st ever goal for his team against us.

At least he is not 16 years old...

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:47 pm
Kronke has given up on top four

He will take sky TV money now run the "brand" for all he can get then sell it.

He can see the risk vs reward of spending big to get a CL spot is not financially a good gamble at this point.

Until he sells club is dead, and he will not sack wenger.

I don't see how we survive this as a competitive club :(
I think it's worse than saying he won't sack Wenger, the reality is, 2019 won't be the end for Wenger, and deep down we all know it. Wenger will walk away when he wants, and even then, mr.ego will go upstairs to dictate to the puppet who is brought in to replace him. The same fucked up methods will be in place, but it will be some other dipshit on the sideline, and in the post match interviews. Wenger will infest this club, until he goes out in a box, and by that stage, who knows where we will find ourselves.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

RobG wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:44 pm
Minus Sanchez and Ozil we are a bang average side and that is probably complimentary.

Please, Please, Please - bring on Ancelotti in May

Even he will take two years to turn this around. And a lesser man will take forever....
May? Next week so he can salvage whatever is left of the opportunity we have of winning a trophy.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:50 pm
augie wrote:
GTG wrote:
Fair play to anyone that manages to get angry about it all anymore.

The failure to get him out last season has completely sucked the life out of me.

How anyone even the biggest AKB can say anything positive about him now is beyond me.

This pretty much sums it up for me too - I cant be arsed getting angry at games like today cos if the club dont give a fcuk, then why should I ? This company/corporation cannot slide down the table enough for me, and it disappoints me greatly that everton have flopped so much this season cos they should be above us too
Absolutely how I feel. The good thing is that Everton will invest big from now on and eventually it will click. The PL still retains a huge interest for overseas investors and I've always said whichever club is next to have an injection of oil money will be the next to overtake us. We will never again finish in the top 5 under SFB, and once Everton click with the additional investment we will never finish inside the top six again. Only takes a couple more teams to join the gravy train and we'll be back to the mid-table side of the mid 90s
Even that wouldn’t be enough for him to go. If there are 19 other clubs with big cash injections it just gives him a justification for finishing 20th.

I just hope these *word censored* tat currently run our club don’t allow us to suffer the indignity of our first ever relegation.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:56 pm
RobG wrote:
Minus Sanchez and Ozil we are a bang average side and that is probably complimentary.

Even he will take two years to turn this around. And a lesser man will take forever....
May? Next week so he can salvage whatever is left of the opportunity we have of winning a trophy.
No way - the old c.unt in charge has ruined my love of this club and everything that goes with it. There's no way on this earth now I want him to walk away with even a hint of dignity in tact - he had his chances to do that. See out the full 2 years and endure a shit storm week after week, see all our best players leave and sink to something like 12th with 30,000 empty seats every week. I don't want anyone rescuing him, Kroenke or Gazidis. I want to see him have a torturous eighteen months - wake up every fucking night having nightmares, embarrassed to face the press, walk into some more angry mobs outside stadiums and train stations up and down the country. Know you've made me feel like this for 8 years now and eventually to the point where I can't even set foot inside the stadium. I wish all three of them an absolute horrible tenure of torment - even do a Clough and take us down for all I fucking care

I want my club back and only when those 3 c.unts go is that going to happen. In the meantime I wish them all the highest amount of misfortune and pain possible

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Dunno if anyone posted on this elsewhere, but below is from Sky Sports interview on 13/1/18. Did he let slip what he thinks of the club and maybe the crazy *word censored* sees current results as reasonable. It's fucking amazing that an Arsenal manager would suggest we are not a big club, and get away with.

Football News

Last Updated: 13/01/18 10:06am

Mesut Ozil could still stay at Arsenal, believes Arsene Wenger

Arsene Wenger says there is still a chance Mesut Ozil will stay at Arsenal, but has admitted for the first time Alexis Sanchez is unlikely to sign a new deal at the club.

Transfer Talk: Where will Sanchez go?

When asked if Ozil could remain at Arsenal, Wenger said: "Yes. There is still an opportunity for him to stay.

Wenger was less optimistic about the future of Alexis Sanchez, acknowledging he is likely to leave the club

"These guys want to win, and they want to make money as well. So they want a combination of the two that big clubs can give them"

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:56 pm
RobG wrote:

This team isn't winning any trophies. I think we'll get to the final of the Caracao Cup, because for some reason Conte freezes against us, but City will see us off in the final. That will be the highlight of this season. In fact the way Bristol City are playing in it they might be in the final...they'll also see us off.

markyp

Post by markyp »

that's it, im done,i applaud every defeat and laugh in the face of wenger,he has ruined our club and my love for it,meanwhile the ox has put Liverpool ahead

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The Ox took a massive pay cut in August to sign for a coach he had respect for

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
GTG wrote:

The failure to get him out last season has completely sucked the life out of me.

How anyone even the biggest AKB can say anything positive about him now is beyond me.

This pretty much sums it up for me too - I cant be arsed getting angry at games like today cos if the club dont give a fcuk, then why should I ? This company/corporation cannot slide down the table enough for me, and it disappoints me greatly that everton have flopped so much this season cos they should be above us too
Absolutely how I feel. The good thing is that Everton will invest big from now on and eventually it will click. The PL still retains a huge interest for overseas investors and I've always said whichever club is next to have an injection of oil money will be the next to overtake us. We will never again finish in the top 5 under SFB, and once Everton click with the additional investment we will never finish inside the top six again. Only takes a couple more teams to join the gravy train and we'll be back to the mid-table side of the mid 90s
Even that wouldn’t be enough for him to go. If there are 19 other clubs with big cash injections it just gives him a justification for finishing 20th.

I just hope these *word censored* tat currently run our club don’t allow us to suffer the indignity of our first ever relegation.
Don't you get a £120M parachute payment? Kerching, kerching, kerching rings Uncle Wiggy's tills!!

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm
No way - the old c.unt in charge has ruined my love of this club and everything that goes with it. There's no way on this earth now I want him to walk away with even a hint of dignity in tact - he had his chances to do that. See out the full 2 years and endure a shit storm week after week, see all our best players leave and sink to something like 12th with 30,000 empty seats every week. I don't want anyone rescuing him, Kroenke or Gazidis. I want to see him have a torturous eighteen months - wake up every fucking night having nightmares, embarrassed to face the press, walk into some more angry mobs outside stadiums and train stations up and down the country. Know you've made me feel like this for 8 years now and eventually to the point where I can't even set foot inside the stadium. I wish all three of them an absolute horrible tenure of torment - even do a Clough and take us down for all I fucking care

I want my club back and only when those 3 c.unts go is that going to happen. In the meantime I wish them all the highest amount of misfortune and pain possible
I'm a younger supporter and Wenger is all I've known as my time supporting the club but this post resonates so much. The club is bigger than him and he doesn't have the respect or class to throw in the towel and the owner has NO interest in anything other than his "investment returns." This will not end well for us

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:27 pm
SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
GTG wrote:

Don't you get a £120M parachute payment? Kerching, kerching, kerching rings Uncle Wiggy's tills!!
Doubt it will get that bad in regard relegation.Special circumstances and handbrakes aside we look like our PL status will be secure for a few years.

We have 39 points and nailed on to stay up this year....so relax and enjoy the rest of this car crash season.

IF somehow we turn over Chelsea then get lucky again against City he will keep his job and maybe a contract extension,that is more a worry for me .

shu

Post by shu »

Did we end up with more than one goal on target ?
What a shambles , so many crap players, iwobi is a shocker , Welbeck , Holding , Cech , Chambers , Maitland Nile’s. even candle faces son said the worst ever Arsenal team.
Crap he really needs to,go

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Kroenke won't sack Wenger but as somebody else posted it could get much worse for Wenger until they totally and utterly destroy our club.
It's heading into the worst season ever but next season could be worse.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
GTG wrote:

I'm not even sure that if,by some miracle we start winning things again,I'd ever love the club like I did in the past,its a fucking joke,embarrassing,i think something from Arsenal has gone for me