Bould/new backroom staff merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JimmyAFC

Bould/new backroom staff merged thread

Post by JimmyAFC »

It's time the heat was turned up on Bould and what he actually does/allowed to do.

Yes we all know Wenger and his ways, his control and the dictatorship he runs.

But if this bloke had any integrity, respect for his profession or any bollocks he would've walked away by now and gone on to be an assistant manager/manager at another club.

Instead he sits there with the same bullshit expression every match, chewing his gum, with a look on his face like he ain't got a scooby doo what he's doing.

Have some bollocks and resign Bould and go and 'manage' somewhere else.

Another one at the club too comfortable and nicking a living.

GranadaJoe

Re: Bould

Post by GranadaJoe »

Wrong target.

Can you name a single Assistant Manager in the PL who clearly stands up to the Manager.

Bould has a contract of employment which will specify his role, which presumably he fulfills.

What should he be doing?

There are two people who should be the target of our wrath; Wenger and Kroenke.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Again for a No2 at Arsenal he gets paid handsomely and his head is below the parapet, easy money for laying the cones out and a few shuttle runs!...
Let's face it, you would be a mug not to do a job which requires so little and yet have a safety net as its nothing to do with me Guv attitude!....

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

I bet if Bould could really say what he thinks.........................................
I also think if he was allowed to coach we would see a completely different defence than what we see now.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Surround yourself with yes men, convince yourself that you are doing a great job, and blame anyone and everyone for your own setbacks, and yes...
We have created a dictator!....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We've had this on here so often... what exactly do people expect Bould to do? Lead a rebellion? Publicly cúnt his boss? And why should he do anything outside his job remit to help coach the team and "assist" the manager, thus the job title "assistant manager"... :roll:

Absolutely the wrong target. Why not bring the kit man to task as well? :lol:

It's like when people hop all over Keown, Wrighty, Pires, Henry, Dixon, etc etc for not publicly saying "Wenger is a useless fucker and should be sacked". What type of fantasy world are you living in where that happens? At any club? With any former players?

ffs lads.... :roll:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 am
Wrong target.

Can you name a single Assistant Manager in the PL who clearly stands up to the Manager.

Bould has a contract of employment which will specify his role, which presumably he fulfills.

What should he be doing?

Don't you think he'd be absolutely embarrassed with some of our performances defensively in recent years and as recent as Bournemouth?

As a defender who I'd nearly put in the bracket as top class, wouldn't you think he would think his reputation as a potential first team manager is going down due to our shocking performances defensively and offensively?

Of course I understand the notion that if you have such a comfortable position why would you do anything to leave that role, but at the end of the day it's his integrity and reputation on the line if he stays in a position and the team is performing terribly over the course of his tenure as an assistant.

I actually have respect for Chamberlain as I heard the lad talk on radio and on TV and he said he needed to get out of his comfort zone, improve his game, whilst earning less money.

Every single footballer and coach at Arsenal is in this shocking comfort zone which is in part due to the owner and the manager.

Bould should at least be looking like he has some idea on the touchline and stand up to Wenger. If Wenger lets him do nothing then leave the f***** club mate and find another job somewhere else. If your manager is shutting you down at every cost why would you keep putting up with it?

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 am
We've had this on here so often... what exactly do people expect Bould to do? Lead a rebellion? Publicly cúnt his boss? And why should he do anything outside his job remit to help coach the team and "assist" the manager, thus the job title "assistant manager"... :roll:

It's like when people hop all over Keown, Wrighty, Pires, Henry, Dixon, etc etc for not publicly saying "Wenger is a useless fucker and should be sacked". What type of fantasy world are you living in where that happens? At any club? With any former players?

Mate, of course I get all that.

My point is, if he didn't want to be like the other sheep at the club, why wouldn't he test himself out at another top club and show his worth as an assistant manager or first team manager?

Of course he's not going to *word censored* his boss.

He should be at least standing up to Wenger which is what all top assistants do. Look at Fergie and his assistants. They ran most of the training sessions whilst Fergie MANAGED.

This is what top MANAGERS do. They delegate.

If Bould isn't allowed to implement any tactics, prepare the lads on and off-field, then he is not doing his job as a well paid assistant manager and should seek another job elsewhere.

The blame at the end of the day falls with Gazidis and Wenger but I'd have alot more respect (not that he cares what I think) if he jumped this rudderless sinking ship and went and managed another side.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Really not sure what you all expect him to do? Have a stand up row with Wenger on the touchline? You would then all be saying he has let the club down.
How do any of you know what he does on the training ground? How do you know he doesn't put his points across to Wenger at London Colney?
You don't know anything so you moan because he chews gum the wrong way whilst he is sitting on the bench at games, ridiculous to make him the target, please explain what you want him to do to make you happy?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 am

Mate, of course I get all that.

My point is, if he didn't want to be like the other sheep at the club, why wouldn't he test himself out at another top club and show his worth as an assistant manager or first team manager?

Of course he's not going to *word censored* his boss.

He should be at least standing up to Wenger which is what all top assistants do. Look at Fergie and his assistants. They ran most of the training sessions whilst Fergie MANAGED.

This is what top MANAGERS do. They delegate.

If Bould isn't allowed to implement any tactics, prepare the lads on and off-field, then he is not doing his job as a well paid assistant manager and should seek another job elsewhere.

The blame at the end of the day falls with Gazidis and Wenger but I'd have alot more respect (not that he cares what I think) if he jumped this rudderless sinking ship and went and managed another side.
Bould does impliment tactics - the manager's tactics (for what they are, or are worth). Same with Rednose. his assistants did what they were told. No assistant manager contradicts the manager, they might air an opinion (and who says Bould doesn't?) but they do as directed by their boss. Rednose was as much a dictator as Wenger, the difference being he only concerned himself with football and team issues and not the entire club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bould is on £30k a week. Just for putting out a few cones and sitting next to Lord Sith - If he speaks up against his lord and master he is gone - If he stays schtumm he'll get a wage rise next June.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Wrong target.

What should he be doing?

Don't you think he'd be absolutely embarrassed with some of our performances defensively in recent years and as recent as Bournemouth?

As a defender who I'd nearly put in the bracket as top class, wouldn't you think he would think his reputation as a potential first team manager is going down due to our shocking performances defensively and offensively?

Of course I understand the notion that if you have such a comfortable position why would you do anything to leave that role, but at the end of the day it's his integrity and reputation on the line if he stays in a position and the team is performing terribly over the course of his tenure as an assistant.

I actually have respect for Chamberlain as I heard the lad talk on radio and on TV and he said he needed to get out of his comfort zone, improve his game, whilst earning less money.

Every single footballer and coach at Arsenal is in this shocking comfort zone which is in part due to the owner and the manager.

Bould should at least be looking like he has some idea on the touchline and stand up to Wenger. If Wenger lets him do nothing then leave the f***** club mate and find another job somewhere else. If your manager is shutting you down at every cost why would you keep putting up with it?

Jimmy, I largely agree with what you say. Of course the main culprits are Wenger and Kronke, and it's right that most of the focus and energy is on getting rid of them. But Bould does himself no credit by accepting his sinecure instead of developing himself as a coach by finding himself a more meaningful role at another club. Somone like him, as a club legend, gives Wenger the veneer of respectability he does not deserve by "assisting" him. Tony Adams would rather struggle with the likes of Granada than work a day under the man he clearly has no respect for these days. Thierry Henry chose (wisely) his media work over working for free with Arsenal under 18s because Wenger recognised he was far too intelligent to be an arse-licker and gave him an ultimatum
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... rsene-wen/

One of the symptoms of the malaise at Arsenal has been the fact it has been a cosy clique of a club for a generation. One Lewin following another in the physio role. Vic Akers slipping between Ladies' Manager and Kit Man. If your face fits, you are rewarded and retained, regardless of whether it's healthy for the club. I would like to a completely new broom throughout the club.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Bould is on £30k a week. Just for putting out a few cones and sitting next to Lord Sith - If he speaks up against his lord and master he is gone - If he stays schtumm he'll get a wage rise next June.
How do you know this??
you have no idea what Bould does on a daily basis, what his thoughts are or what he says...........

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

a completely new broom.

Starting in the boardroom , what's the age of our board and how many days of actual football have they got. ?

Keswick 77
Friar 83
Harris of Peckham 75
Gazidis 53
Stan 70
Son of Stan 37.

It's an old peoples home. with an accountant and a kid inheriting daddy's wealth.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:40 pm
JimmyAFC wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Wrong target.

What should he be doing?

Jimmy, I largely agree with what you say. Of course the main culprits are Wenger and Kronke, and it's right that most of the focus and energy is on getting rid of them. But Bould does himself no credit by accepting his sinecure instead of developing himself as a coach by finding himself a more meaningful role at another club. Somone like him, as a club legend, gives Wenger the veneer of respectability he does not deserve by "assisting" him. Tony Adams would rather struggle with the likes of Granada than work a day under the man he clearly has no respect for these days. Thierry Henry chose (wisely) his media work over working for free with Arsenal under 18s because Wenger recognised he was far too intelligent to be an arse-licker and gave him an ultimatum

One of the symptoms of the malaise at Arsenal has been the fact it has been a cosy clique of a club for a generation. One Lewin following another in the physio role. Vic Akers slipping between Ladies' Manager and Kit Man. I would like to see fresh blood throughout the club - a completely new broom.
That bit in red about TA6 is not actually true, mate.... In interviews last year Adams claimed he tried to work a deal to return to Arsenal as a coach on FOUR occassions under Wenger, but that Wenger doesn't want him there. Obviously Wenger doesn't want big personalities as part of his set-up.

Also, regarding Bouldy, he is known as a "team player" just like Pat Rice was, they believe in and follow chain of command. Both are great club men who are not going to ruffle any feathers. That's why Wenger chose them. :|