When Sanchez goes

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: When Sanchez goes

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:28 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 am
When we won the league in 1989 it had been 18 years since we did it. Now it's 14 years under the same manager. You have to see that Aubameyang was not chased by any major team in Europe and he is 29. It's a panic buy and he will be another expensive Wenger flop. In the worst Arsenal team since 1986.
The previous 2 years before we won it, GG had got us on the up and was creating something special with a nucleus of home grown talent and some shrewd signings.

Compare to that now - every passing year feels like another step backwards with nothing to look forward to whatsoever.......just a senile old prick making the same mistakes and showing the same lack of tactical nous as younger managers get ahead of him.

I see the old c.unt was whining on again about not being able to compete with the Manc clubs financial resources. Didn't seem to stop Leicester winning the league. Also who are those other 2 teams above us now - one currently funding a stadium move (wonder if we'll hear from them for the next 10 years how difficult it is to compete), and one restricted by their ground with half the financial firepower in the Mickeys (but still pulling away from us every year with a bright manager and investing massively in the team)

Fuck off Wenger, you clueless c.unt
A few years ago we had a good team and were genuinely only 1 or 2 top quality, signings away from being up there.

Now we still need a top keeper, centre half and a proper ballwinning defensive midfielder and arguably a right back too. ( I am assuming for the purpose of this post Micki and Bananaman sign in the next week) so despite having years to do it we are further away than ever :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:24 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:55 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:43 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:22 pm
Why is there so many people hung up on whether Sanchez is leaving for money, or not. The reality is, barring signing for Spurs, any other topside would be a big step up in class for him. He left a side stuck in 6th, (and unlikely to see CL any time soon) to join a club, that will spend and spend until they are successful. Even if he has joined for money, is he any more of a mercenary than any other modern footballer.

Agree with you..Sanchez is not leaving Arsenal for money...bottom line is he wanted to leave Arsenal , how much he can earn elsewhere is secondary..
Secondary :lol:

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.
I'm not saying the money isn't an issue but for Sanchez leaving Arsenal is the most important thing..He wants to go and would have regardless.Do you think if Arsenal offered him the same money as United that he would stay?
Yes If we'd offered him 350k back at the start of the season (and you guys are for getting that his agent demanded this if we wanted to keep him so he was open to staying had the money been right) then yes most definitely.

If we'd offered him 500k after tax he'd have grinded Wenger wearing a tutu and a gimp mask every day of the week :wink: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:04 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:22 pm
Why is there so many people hung up on whether Sanchez is leaving for money, or not. The reality is, barring signing for Spurs, any other topside would be a big step up in class for him. He left a side stuck in 6th, (and unlikely to see CL any time soon) to join a club, that will spend and spend until they are successful. Even if he has joined for money, is he any more of a mercenary than any other modern footballer.

Agree with you..Sanchez is not leaving Arsenal for money...bottom line is he wanted to leave Arsenal , how much he can earn elsewhere is secondary..

I'm not saying the money isn't an issue but for Sanchez leaving Arsenal is the most important thing..He wants to go and would have regardless.Do you think if Arsenal offered him the same money as United that he would stay?

Absolutely agree, and everytime one of the sanchez haters (I'm not talking about anyone on here btw) open their mouth on social media, that is the first question that should be thrown at them 8)
I'm not disagreeing that players want to leave Arsenal I'm questioning their reasoning and money has a huge part in it.

augie

Post by augie »

Pires very strongly standing up for sanchez for wanting to leave -

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... p-Man-City

The piece in the paper today (as opposed to the website) is a lot stonger than the bits on the above link - apparently he openly questioned the ambition of the club, slated the club for selling sanchez to a rival, and stated that ozil and sanchez were close and ozil will be very disappointed by this move. He said that when sanchez came to Arsenal, the first thing he said to pires was that he had come here to win titles - pires suggested that the attitude of the players and lack of ambition from the club,. is the reason why sanchez is walking away from AFC

It also pointed out that pires still trains with the first team and is an ambassador for the club - I guess that job could be taken away from him very soon

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Wenger bleating in about not being able to compete with City or United’s millions when we have a billionaire on the Board and one desperate to join the Board, and make more match day revenue than almost every other team in europe.

The truth is that we choose not to compete.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 am
Wenger bleating in about not being able to compete with City or United’s millions when we have a billionaire on the Board and one desperate to join the Board, and make more match day revenue than almost every other team in europe.

spot on
it is a ridiculous situation.

the whole point of the club these days is not to compete , it is to extract the maximum amount out of supporters for the minimum possible outlay,

NickF

Post by NickF »

Kingralph wrote:

Absolutely. We made a profit in the summer transfer window as well as being around £30m up so far in this window and with Theo substantial wages also off the books. With the money we bring in we can compete for the top players. I get that we can't go out and buy 3 or 4 100m rated players, but we could definately afford one or two.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am
Kingralph wrote:

Absolutely. We made a profit in the summer transfer window as well as being around £30m up so far in this window and with Theo substantial wages also off the books. With the money we bring in we can compete for the top players. I get that we can't go out and buy 3 or 4 100m rated players, but we could definately afford one or two.
of course even if we did spend big, we still wouldn't be able to "compete" because Wenger is the manager :rubchin:
it is more convenient for him to say we can't compete financially to give him an excuse, instead of showing how really inept he is as a coach.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Has he gone yet?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Has He Arrived Yet? :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm
Has he gone yet?
Please let the answer be yes

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Absolutely agree, and everytime one of the sanchez haters (I'm not talking about anyone on here btw) open their mouth on social media, that is the first question that should be thrown at them 8)
I'm not disagreeing that players want to leave Arsenal I'm questioning their reasoning and money has a huge part in it.
Its not Arsenal they want to leave, it's Wenger. Players with ambition, LEAVE. And almost all who want out usually go on to win things at other clubs.

AFC must be one of the most attractive clubs in the world for top class players, but NOT while Wenger is there. While Wenger is there it is a place where average players can earn far, far more than they are worth.

LeftfootlegendGooner

xisstential wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:42 pm
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Its not Arsenal they want to leave, it's Wenger. Players with ambition, LEAVE. And almost all who want out usually go on to win things at other clubs.

AFC must be one of the most attractive clubs in the world for top class players, but NOT while Wenger is there. While Wenger is there it is a place where average players can earn far, far more than they are worth.
Lets be honest here ALL top flight footballers are paid WAY TOO MUCH.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sanchez has finally broken his social media silence and has been on twitter calling out the newspapers on their lies and has said it's all FAKE NEWS which he wrote in capitals and everything.

He's staying folks, it was all a giant ruse :barscarf:

Alexis Sanchez baby....Alexis Sanchez Wooooooh :barscarf:

Edit - Have just re-read his tweet and apparently the fake news was about some story of him being balls deep in some tart and having a son with her.

My bad 8)

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

This really is dragging on ridiculously long......we are being told that there is some issue over granting work permits. Really?