Mkhitaryan..... merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

Re: Welcome to Arsenal, Henrikh

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:49 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Sanchez was a Barcelona reject and he seemed to do alright.

Actually not disappointed with this, bit annoying seeing all the plastic United fans laughing at it but remember being annoyed when we were linked with him all summer to then sign for United, loads wanted him at the time.

He's going to be an upgrade on Walcott/Iwobi, hopefully the club seal the Aubameyang deal who will feel like a Sanchez replacement then I don't think it's been that bad a window, well in the sense that the contract situation was a clusterfuck that didn't end the way I expected with 'internal solutions'

Sanchez was a "reject" from the best team in the world at that time - mickyfuckface is a reject from an absolutely shite manure team :roll:

My dead grandmother would be better than those two useless c.unts :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:
Fuckin hell mate, give the poor bastard a chance before you write him off.
Negative is one thing but premature assassination is over the top.
I hope he does well because that means Arsenal are more likely to do well.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I don't think Sanchez was a "reject " he was sold to make way for Suarez who was the inform striker in Europe at the time

Sanchez is and was quality .

Miky' o tarean , I have no idea, but just because moaninhio don't play him, don't make him bad, he did his best to ruin mata, and hazzard , got shot of debrownie I think too.

I just think neither will fair well under Wenger , but I wish both players all the best.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm
Who has set the PL alight for United under Mourhino though?

Pogba is only now starting to show form, Lukaku was better at Everton, Zlatan is Zlatan so he would have done well regardless.

Not judging him based on what's happened there, he was good for Dortmund and hope that's the one who will come and not the one who was put on detention by Jose every week.
So you're not going to judge him on what he has done in the premier league? :roll:

I'm not going to judge him based on what he's done under Mourhino who sucks the life out of creativity, in 4 weeks from now I'll be on here to say how well he's done or what a dud we've been given.

I also don't think Sanchez will do as well for United as he did in the first 2 and a half years here.

Rush

Post by Rush »

What number has he gotten?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Fucking hell, the negativity around here is getting a bit much lol.

Certainly not a world beater and nor is he a like for like for Sanchez but I hope he gives his all for the club and turns out to be a really good player as he was before joining United.

Worth pointing out that his best form was in a team that didn't have Mourhino's "park the bus" style of play attached to it.

Biggest question is whether Mr 30 years plays him in a way that gets the best out of him.

shu

Post by shu »

Could be worse as wenger has always liked Smalling

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:41 pm
augie wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:

Actually not disappointed with this, bit annoying seeing all the plastic United fans laughing at it but remember being annoyed when we were linked with him all summer to then sign for United, loads wanted him at the time.

He's going to be an upgrade on Walcott/Iwobi, hopefully the club seal the Aubameyang deal who will feel like a Sanchez replacement then I don't think it's been that bad a window, well in the sense that the contract situation was a clusterfuck that didn't end the way I expected with 'internal solutions'

Sanchez was a "reject" from the best team in the world at that time - mickyfuckface is a reject from an absolutely shite manure team :roll:

My dead grandmother would be better than those two useless c.unts :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:

Spuddy this evening I am woefully depressed and all sense of rational dialogue is gone - I dont mean to write him off, and maybe he is/will be a good player, but he will always be compared to sanchez cos of the structure of this deal, and he aint anywhere near as good as sanchez. If we signed him last summer I might have supported his signing, but he is coming to us in bad circumstances (in my opinion anyway) and personally I would rather have taken the £35m that was alleged to be the price for sanchez

MrT

Post by MrT »

He's on an Arsenal promo video mouthing, ''Pierre, do you want to come here? Or something to that effect.

https://twitter.com/MakhiaveIIi/status/ ... 2464185345

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

augie wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:41 pm
augie wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:

Spuddy this evening I am woefully depressed and all sense of rational dialogue is gone - I dont mean to write him off, and maybe he is/will be a good player, but he will always be compared to sanchez cos of the structure of this deal, and he aint anywhere near as good as sanchez. If we signed him last summer I might have supported his signing, but he is coming to us in bad circumstances (in my opinion anyway) and personally I would rather have taken the £35m that was alleged to be the price for sanchez
Personally rather have a half decent player in return than another £35m that wouldn't have been reinvested into the squad.
Last edited by Leyton Gooner on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Mick O'Tarian........is he an Irish International?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

shu wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 pm
Could be worse as wenger has always liked Smalling
Rumour was going around that Le Farthole enquired about Luke Shaw as part of the deal...

NickF

Post by NickF »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:00 pm
Personally rather have a half decent player in return than another £35m that wouldn't have been reinvested into the squad.
The problem is that we have too many "half decent players" and not enough decent ones. :D

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
The problem is that we have too many "half decent players" and not enough decent ones. :D
Considering what could have happened (us trousering £20-£30 million or Sanchez walking for free), this was the best deal that we could have gotten. For once, I can applaud the negotiations team for taking a good sized dung nugget and polishing it isn't something respectable. It into a diamond, but Mik is a very good player.

Now to sign Ozil and Jack up, please. Also, as much as I am not a fan, Ramsey should be retained as well. Welbeck - I don't give a f*ck. He can run down his contract....

NickF

Post by NickF »

begeegs wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Considering what could have happened (us trousering £20-£30 million or Sanchez walking for free), this was the best deal that we could have gotten. For once, I can applaud the negotiations team for taking a good sized dung nugget and polishing it isn't something respectable.
Even though we turned down 60m in the summer?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I should be putting in 'at this time'. :-)

When it was clear that he wasn't going to sign an extension two years ago, he should have been sold. When you let your players let the contracts go down to one year, they have all of the power. In that view, Wenger should be out on his ear and probably why Sven and Huss were recruited - to clean up his contractual mess.

Like I was saying, that they were able to get a good player in return is good business. It could have been much much worse, especially if it was left for Wenger to do.