THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Eboue-Why? »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm
Has he gone yet?
Please let the answer be yes

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Wilson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:23 am
This is why we keep getting worse. We have a manager who lives in a bubble. He isnt trying to save face - he actually believes his comment “I cannot understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal."

This is why our decline will continue, because Wenger refuses to admit the deep rooted issues at our club. You cant fix problems if you cant admit they exist.

People ask, why do Arsenal keep allowing top class players to get into the last year of their contract - well its because Wenger doesn't see it as an issue, and in his own words, he believes no players want to leave. Why not allow your top plays to run their contract down if you absolutely believe they will sign an extension??

Sadly for us Arsenal fans, Wenger has less foresight than the common fan, as we all saw this coming a long way off ( He was also caught by surprise when Chamberlain wanted to leave). And its not that Wenger is stupid or dumb, rather he is just in denial about the state of affairs at Arsenal. He will keep lying to himself rather than confront the harsh reality, because the reality of accepting failure it too much for him to bear.

Some fans say Wenger has lost it, or is a dinosaur, or a poor tactician, and whilst that all is true. The best way to describe Wenger, is someone who is in denial and has created a alternate world than only he lives in. How else can you rationally explain “I cannot understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal."
Good post. Completely agree. Walcott was probably the only one who signed into the last 12 months of his deal in recent times. Because of this, Wenger thinks that everyone is completely loyal and wants to stay forever and ever despite the objective part which would be looking at the table.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:59 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Has he gone yet?
Word of warning.

The day I finally get to answer your question in the affirmative I will be accompanying the word yes with a dick pic 8)
A part of me wants Arsene to have a job for life :?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 am
rodders999 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Has he gone yet?
Word of warning.

The day I finally get to answer your question in the affirmative I will be accompanying the word yes with a dick pic 8)
And some on here will want him to go today! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Chim chimney chim chim cherooo, who needs ALEXIS when weve got girouddd

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Has he gone yet?
Word of warning.

Now THAT "IS" Perverted ya sick fucckkkah! :D :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

flash gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Has he gone yet?
Word of warning.

methinks the lady doth protest too much :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Why cant we pay 500k a week wages. How much longer can the club plead poverty while charging the highest ticket prices in Europe.

They complain about money in football from a spending perspective, buy they pioneer rising costs for match going fans - this is deserving of being on a list of most greedy corporations.

No exaggeration - I think Arsenal fans are the worst treated fans in the world. I just fuking loathe every executive at the club, as well as Wenger. They are fuking thieves and use Arsenal as a vehicle to enrich themselves, and yet knob heads like Ty from AFTV enthusiastically support it. If Ty were a slave in the USA, he would have been one enthusiastic cotton picker.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Its unbelievable with Wenger really.

He hasnt challenged for the title for over a decade, never mind won it ... has been responsible for a string of humiliations, has sanctioned years of selling our best players to supposed rivals, made excuse after excuse - all of which have eventually exposed as either lies or nonsense ... and yet to some people (not on here to be fair) its STILL not Wenger's fault :banghead:

Now Sanchez is a mercenary and the old ''we cant compete'' argument makes a reappearance :roll:

They're all fucking mercenaries these days. And its not just players either. Is there a bigger mercenary in football than Wenger himself?

augie

Post by augie »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am
Why cant we pay 500k a week wages. How much longer can the club plead poverty while charging the highest ticket prices in Europe.

They complain about money in football from a spending perspective, buy they pioneer rising costs for match going fans - this is deserving of being on a list of most greedy corporations.

No exaggeration - I think Arsenal fans are the worst treated fans in the world. I just fuking loathe every executive at the club, as well as Wenger. They are fuking thieves and use Arsenal as a vehicle to enrich themselves, and yet knob heads like Ty from AFTV enthusiastically support it. If Ty were a slave in the USA, he would have been one enthusiastic cotton picker.

I'm not at all in favour of paying ANY player £500k per week but at the same time I do 100% agree with the premise of your point -

1. We have a wage bill that is just over £20m less than citeeh and they are strolling to a league title. They have genuine world class players like aguero, de bruyne, silva (and yaya is on world class wages),kompany, whilst we had arguably only 2 world class players (sanchez and ozil) so how are we spending almost as much on wages ?? I heard straw man arguments that our wage bill includes non playing staff, but remember we are a club that have refused to pay our staff at the colney the proper london wages rate, so how high can that wage bill be ? We also pay a has been outdated manager one of the highest salaries in world football :roll:

2. Recent figures released show that we have THE HIGHEST matchday income in world football - the line about highest ticket prices is old news and accepted as factual, but the revenue from merchandise, food, programmes etc also exceeds all other clubs, so how does this support the cant afford to compete bullshit ?

Of course the one area where we are probably falling well behind our rivals is our sponsorship/endorsement deals, and I have being saying that would happen for a long, long time. Companies are not going to spend vast sums sponsoring a club that is nowhere near challenging for the big high profile trophies. Companies also need high profile players to endorse their products/brand etc and will need them for publicity photo shoots etc - what player have we got that will meet that criteria ? The scum can wheel out kane, manure can wheel out pogba, citeeh could wheel out any of half a dozen players, and even the victims have a choice of players to wheel out now too - again who can we wheel out ? The club ight be happy with the current safety first spending policy, but big clubs need big players to raise their profile, and we are going to fall even further behind in sponsorship deals if we continue to sell our best players

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 am
Of course the one area where we are probably falling well behind our rivals is our sponsorship/endorsement deals, and I have being saying that would happen for a long, long time. Companies are not going to spend vast sums sponsoring a club that is nowhere near challenging for the big high profile trophies. Companies also need high profile players to endorse their products/brand etc and will need them for publicity photo shoots etc - what player have we got that will meet that criteria ? The scum can wheel out kane, manure can wheel out pogba, citeeh could wheel out any of half a dozen players, and even the victims have a choice of players to wheel out now too - again who can we wheel out ? The club ight be happy with the current safety first spending policy, but big clubs need big players to raise their profile, and we are going to fall even further behind in sponsorship deals if we continue to sell our best players
Commercially we will fall further and further behind because of our lack of ambition, I pity those who think we will get much better when Wenger finally buggers off, top managers wont join us because they will have to sign up for Kroenke's austerity model.

I just can't have any pride in this "self sustaining" bs, we are not some fan-owned club ffs, I don't care about Stan getting richer or financing his LA Rams stadium, just like he doesn't care about Arsenal being successful on the pitch.

Treat people as they treat you... :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Wilson wrote:
I think it depends on the deal. The likes of Alexis and Zlatan have no transfer fee so you can effectively pay the 60m transfer fee as wages. I believe Sol was on a lot more than we would normally pay when we got him on a free. It isn't right, but unfortunately when there is so much money swimming around in football, who can blame them?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 pm
I think it depends on the deal. The likes of Alexis and Zlatan have no transfer fee so you can effectively pay the 60m transfer fee as wages. I believe Sol was on a lot more than we would normally pay when we got him on a free. It isn't right, but unfortunately when there is so much money swimming around in football, who can blame them?
You're right... there is close to £20BN swimming around Arsenal's shareholders, but we have our 'values'.

:roll:

:twisted:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Wilson wrote:

If reports were true we were prepared to pay close to €100m for Mbappe and a reported €90m for Lemar ( I appreciate that was an either / or situation nor both)
We made a healthy transfer profit, Ox, Walcott, Sznezseneszy, Coquelin, Gabriel = £80m odd + a huge saving on wages but bought Lacazette for a club record fee but to suggest we have no money is either a downright lie or somebody doesn’t have a clue what they are talking about.
I wonder which one it is.

General

Post by General »

Wilson wrote:
Because Wenger cannot accept any player earning more than him. He's on 192k a week basic.