Blast from the Past

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Blast from the Past

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Whatever happened to Eduardo?
I loved that player, went though hell with that fucking disgraceful act of thuggery, who knows what he would have become had that act of thug not occurred....

greengooner

Re: Blast from the Past

Post by greengooner »

Have you tried that new thing “google”, it’s the future

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Coincidently, that awful day at Birmingham, with the whole horrific leg break, the Adebayor refusing to pass to Bendtner when clean through (or was it the other way around), the calamity Clichy brain dead decision to let the ball run across his body in the dying seconds, the Gallas sitting down in the middle of the pitch on strike.

That folks was the official beginning of what has become fondly knows on here as......THE BANTER ERA.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:04 pm
Whatever happened to Eduardo?
I loved that player, went though hell with that fucking disgraceful act of thuggery, who knows what he would have become had that act of thug not occurred....
The only time I can recall our crowd cheering an opposition goal, when he netted a consolation strike in a routine 5-1 victory for us.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:53 pm
Coincidently, that awful day at Birmingham, with the whole horrific leg break, the Adebayor refusing to pass to Bendtner when clean through (or was it the other way around), the calamity Clichy brain dead decision to let the ball run across his body in the dying seconds, the Gallas sitting down in the middle of the pitch on strike.

That folks was the official beginning of what has become fondly knows on here as......THE BANTER ERA.
Blimey,when you realise that list of players almost won the league..... :shock:

If they had of had the bollocks to win it the Banter Era might never have happened :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nice little Blast from the Past here and some behind the scenes stuff many of you might not have seen before:

phpBB [video]

Remember it as being a good game and a very enjoyable night.

Paul Davis was class and it was nice to see Charlie Nicholas and Liam Brady return, although sadly Brady didnt play.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:16 pm
phpBB [video]
I still can't bring myself to watch that final.

still heartbreaking to think about it :(

Ten clean sheets in a row, what the hell has happened
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

double post

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:25 am
Nice little Blast from the Past here and some behind the scenes stuff many of you might not have seen before:

phpBB [video]

Remember it as being a good game and a very enjoyable night.

Paul Davis was class and it was nice to see Charlie Nicholas and Liam Brady return, although sadly Brady didnt play.
Brilliant,thanks for that.Takes me back to when I loved the club and loved so many players at the club. We used to produce so many good players, how has it become impossible to produce a holding midfield player or a centre back in almost 30 years.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Edaurdos leg break was 10 years ago next month,i was in Oz at the time,such a shame he was just starting to settle and showing a good eye for goal :cry:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Yep. I absolutely agree.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

markyp wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm
Edaurdos leg break was 10 years ago next month,i was in Oz at the time,such a shame he was just starting to settle and showing a good eye for goal :cry:
He had the uncanny knack of spotting when a keeper was moving (and not able to set themselves properly) so shot at the most opportune moment. Quality one on one finisher, could have been a top, top player for us.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I cannot and will not accept that his leg break was an accident, these are fucking professional footballers, even the majority of grassroots players know to keep the legs down to reduce the impact, no fucking straight leg....
Sorry guys just makes me mad, and I take great pleasure sending *word censored* off who try to maim a fellow player!...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

That game at Birmingham was dreadful. An awful mix of us blowing it (Clichy brain dead lunge, missing hatfuls of chances and Gallas’ disgraceful behaviour) and being shafted (Eduardo leg break, denied at least one absolutely stonewall penalty, huge dive for their penalty).

Up there with the Old Trafford debacle in 2004 and the CL final in terms of bitterness. We haven’t looked seriously capable of winning a PL title since that day to my mind.