Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

IW8Goalmachine

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:52 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm
If he’s still here in feb he should be told to sign up or rot in the reserves for the six months before the World Cup
:roll: :roll:
Are you a 14 year old girl?

NickF

Post by NickF »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 am
NickF wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
If he’s still here in feb he should be told to sign up or rot in the reserves for the six months before the World Cup
Are you an idiot?
Why would you put probably your best player in the reserves for six months?
Do you not think he may be more use in the team?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:22 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
NickF wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Are you an idiot?
What’s the point of playing a player who can leave in the summer? And most likely to another premier league club.

Any club with balls would see the writing on the wall and deal with it.

But maybe that’s an idiots way of thinking

NickF

Post by NickF »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:42 am
NickF wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
NickF wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Are you an idiot?
What’s the point of playing a player who can leave in the summer? And most likely to another premier league club.

Any other club would not have let this situation develop.

Assuming the aims for the seasons are to get in the top 4 and win the Europa and League cups, not playing arguably your best player (who is also probably on around 200k a week) does not make sense. It is cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Presumably this also applies to Wilshere?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

If you're asking me then no, I don't think Sanchez will sign :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:36 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:42 am
NickF wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
NickF wrote:

Are you an idiot?

Any other club would not have let this situation develop.

Assuming the aims for the seasons are to get in the top 4 and win the Europa and League cups, not playing arguably your best player (who is also probably on around 200k a week) does not make sense. It is cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Presumably this also applies to Wilshere?
Yes wenger's arsenal is an absolute f*ck up but its clear to see that there are changes and he wont be dealing with contracts in the future.

This is Arsenal we are on about here. Letting our supposivly best player go into the last six months and still have a starting position is embarrassing.

Give him the ultimatum and put a release clause in it if he's set on leaving.

As for wilshere, well I totally understand where the club is coming from on that one. The man has had long periods out due to injury and becuse of that his body will never be able to sustain a whole season without another one.

augie

Post by augie »

Cannot believe that we are gonna be paying ozil £350k per week :shock: :shock: He is a guy who turns up when he wants (and who suffers from a mystery illness every xmas :wink: ), and is a guy who doesnt really fit into too many conventional formations, and I would much rather than money being spent elsewhere

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Either nobody came in for Ozil which wouldn't surprise me. Or he fancies 350k a week with no real pressure to perform and compete at the top level, and no big pressure to win anything. It's shocking to say but kinda have more respect for Sanchez. No ambitious top footballer would stick around this mess.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

oaodan wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm
Either nobody came in for Ozil which wouldn't surprise me. Or he fancies 350k a week with no real pressure to perform and compete at the top level, and no big pressure to win anything. It's shocking to say but kinda have more respect for Sanchez. No ambitious top footballer would stick around this mess.
Where is this £350K figure coming from?, I doubt he is on that, Aubameyang and Mickey mouse are on about £170-180K allegedly so I would expect Ozil to be on maybe £225K maybe £250K at most (he was on £130K so still a big rise), I just can't see us paying those wages knowing how tight we are and the board would be fearing other players asking for more money with such a gap between Ozil and the rest.

Agree that Sanchez is a more ambitious player though, who would stick around for the Wenger sh*tshow?, every man and his dog know Wenger is past it, apart from a few thousand AKB's, Wiggy and Wenger himself of course.
Last edited by sk-gtfo on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

oaodan wrote:
It's another reason why I think that Wenger is off at the end of the year. I reckon that Ozil wanted to see some ambition and with Batman signing and Miki, is shows some intent. Now if Wenger f*cks off at the end of the year, that would be more intent.

Now just to get Jack to sign, but I think that he was dropped because of what he said in the press about the formation, so it may not be soon.

wibble

Post by wibble »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:44 pm
oaodan wrote:
Where is this £350K figure coming from?
Don't have the link but that's the figure the BBC were quoting yesterday

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42885533

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:47 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42885533
Still don't believe it, just because its the BBC it doesn't mean its fact (no offence!), it just doesn't fit in with our model of austerity, of course it suits the club for these stories to run to paint them in a light of "oh look we do spend money" and for the stories of Ozil turning down offers from a number of other clubs which also sound a bit dubious to me but suits positive PR for both parties.

Happy he stayed?, I guess so, but I always wanted Sanchez to stay more so than Ozil so meh, whoever comes in/stays is just wasting precious time in their career because until Wenger goes they aren't going to achieve much.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Tbh I prefer watching Ozil play than Sanchez just because he reminds me of DB and when on song is a brilliant player.

Yes he frustrates me at times and I get pissed off with him but he is surrounded by iwobi, Ramsey and xhaka ffs.

I am one of the few on here who believed Walcott was a better player than given credit for so you might want to ignore my views

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm
Cannot believe that we are gonna be paying ozil £350k per week :shock: :shock: He is a guy who turns up when he wants (and who suffers from a mystery illness every xmas :wink: ), and is a guy who doesnt really fit into too many conventional formations, and I would much rather than money being spent elsewhere
Pay per play for this kebab muncher!
Still rate him though, a modern day Liam Brady when he turns up!... :barscarf:

Let's face it, you only have to take a butchers hook into his cabinet to see the gold he has won, compared to the other shower of fucking potential, head and shoulders above the caaants including Sanchez!.... 8)