The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by SydneyGooner »

Pretty much official if Orny says so.

Great signing.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Transfer won’t be sanctioned until #BVB have replacement lined up .

Get out of jail free clause.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If we sign Auba and sell Giroud for 35m as has been suggested, it means we will have, in effect, swapped lamppost and wally for Auba. A cracking deal!!
I’m still convinced Wonga doesn’t want Auba. It will be interesting who plays if we do get him! I’d love to see two up front for a change!!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

When Ivan gathered up the catalyst for change crew and fucked off to Dortmund in a mini coup he absolutely had to get his man.

If that transfer had gone tits up after he got his dick out behind Wenger's back then the whole power play was dead in the water before it even began.

Wenger has had fuck all to do with this deal, fuck all input into the valuation, fuck all to do with wages and fuck all meddling in the negotiations.

Ivan's struck a blow here no doubt (and by offloading shit like Coq and Wally this window), hopefully Wenger is furious about the shift in power going on behind the scenes, throws his toys out and walks in the summer :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

If we sign Aubameyang I will be buzzing personally. There's not a lot to cheer these days being a gooner, but he is quality and we will have done more than enough to replace sanchez. Bring it on.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 am
If we sign Aubameyang I will be buzzing personally. There's not a lot to cheer these days being a gooner, but he is quality and we will have done more than enough to replace sanchez. Bring it on.
Would be the first exciting signing since Sanchez. We haven’t had a dangerous striker capable of winning games himself and terrifying defenders since 2012.

If we can offload Giroud as part of it then even better.

Just hope he doesn’t try to crowbar in Lacazette stil solely on the basis that he paid over 50m for the plodder.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Until Mr 30 years plays him as a left winger....

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:22 pm
Maybe its the end of the british premium, barkley and walcott transfers were quite low

I don't think we have a single top english talent? kane, delli ali, ox, lalana, walcott, stones, barkley, sterling, walker? :lol:

vs

gerrard, beckham,scholes,lumpard, merson. cole, campbell, wright, shearer, owen, terry, adams, gazza, sheringham, keown, dicko, terdinand, ugly neviile sister... and Darren Anderton :shock: 8) :lol:

i might have mixed two generations but it seems english football or youth coaching has gone backwards :rubchin:

we have gone from a quater final team, to a lucky to get out of our group team.

we used to be able to pick two decent back lines, and have a few midfielders to spare, now i can't make a good 11 out of what we got.
Kane is a world class striker, end of.

nut flush gooner

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:36 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Aubameyang is very Henry like, can carry the ball so that wouldn't be the worst idea. Especially if it means accommodating Laca in the team. I feel sorry for him (Laca that is), he has been let down by Ozil and Sanchez playing tippy tappy between themselves. Let's see what he is made of now.

Laddies are the only bookie quoting transfer odds 1.1 now (1/10) earlier this morning they were 1.4.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 am
Kingralph wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Aubameyang is very Henry like, can carry the ball so that wouldn't be the worst idea. Especially if it means accommodating Laca in the team. I feel sorry for him (Laca that is), he has been let down by Ozil and Sanchez playing tippy tappy between themselves. Let's see what he is made of now.

Laddies are the only bookie quoting transfer odds 1.1 now (1/10) earlier this morning they were 1.4.
Well I will be very surprised if it does get over the line and happy if it does cos the guy is class.

nut flush gooner

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 am
Kingralph wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Well I will be very surprised if it does get over the line and happy if it does cos the guy is class.
Yeah, Ladbrokes closed their market now, not taking any bets. There is one caveat though, BD have to secure a replacement before the end of the transfer window. Giroud isn't interested, perhaps Batman from Chelski will do the honours.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

nut flush gooner wrote:
I want him to be a great signing but let's look at the facts. In today's football it's more than strange that nobody else has tried to sign him for many years. He is 29 and nobody else in European football has got out their cheque book and said sign for us.
Time will tell but something does not add up. Feels like a big name signing to defuse the anger when Sanchez starts hitting the net for United.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
I want him to be a great signing but let's look at the facts. In today's football it's more than strange that nobody else has tried to sign him for many years. He is 29 and nobody else in European football has got out their cheque book and said sign for us.
Time will tell but something does not add up. Feels like a big name signing to defuse the anger when Sanchez starts hitting the net for United.
it does bring up some question marks but you have to look at his goals to games ratio.

There are the stories of him being disruptive but hopefully with the precence of a past team mate already here he will fit in easily.

I still don't believe this will go through anyway purely due to the condition that dortmund have to find a replacment

NickF

Post by NickF »

David Ornstein

@bbcsport_david

BREAKING: Arsenal close to reaching agreement to sign to striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund for club-record fee in region of £60m. Transfer won’t be sanctioned until #BVB have replacement lined up - remains unclear if that will be Olivier Giroud or not #AFC
That is the problem, the more time spent haggling, the less time they have to get a replacement, so the less likely the deal is to happen.
Hoping it does go through....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:34 am
If we sign Auba and sell Giroud for 35m as has been suggested, it means we will have, in effect, swapped lamppost and wally for Auba. A cracking deal!!
I’m still convinced Wonga doesn’t want Auba. It will be interesting who plays if we do get him! I’d love to see two up front for a change!!
Yes have to agree, Auba is an exciting signing will lift the fans, not sure where it leaves Laca though

All we need now is a DM, Goalkeeper and a CB still cant have everything i guess