The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by Midz »

Where is the info about Ozil signing?

NickF

Post by NickF »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:58 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42885533

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

£15m seems very cheap for Giroud, even though he’s a cart horse.

MrT

Post by MrT »

Good riddance, you useless donkey.

Midz

Post by Midz »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:02 pm
Midz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:58 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42885533
ok thank you,

£350K a week is a lotta dosh!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Dear Mr Wenger

I've written to you previously regarding certain matters about our team. You haven't always taken the good advice that I (and many others) have offered, but on this occasion it'd be to everyone's advantage if you were to bring in at least a good defender before the window shuts.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I think Chelski got the worst out of the triangular transfer saga with Giroud. A player who never had any pace, was pretty lazy movement wise both in and around the box and as we saw last night, still hasn’t figured out the offside rule.

Not one of the better strikers to wear the shirt over the last 30 years. Despite scoring over 100 goals for Arsenal, he never had one season where he scored more than 20 in the league.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Pleased with the Aubameyang signing and Ozil re-signing however not happy that we have sold players to both United and Chelsea (plus Liverpool in the last window).

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Lamppost gone!

haha

good riddance. waste of 140k. decent back up but not on that wage. it doesn't strengthen a rival as chelsea are not a rival to us anymore. cant see him being at Chelsea next season.

Im not fussed we have no back up either. more nails in AW's coffin as his favorites are sold from under him.

aw

Post by aw »

MrT wrote: The PR of this club is something else. On the brink of another meltdown then they announce Aubameyang and Ozil signing a new deal and the flip flops live to flip flop another day.
Is there any hope of offloading Ramsey to a rival before the window closes?

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I don't get why Chelsea thought Giroud is a better bet than Michy for the rest of this season. He looks a real prospect every time he gets a game (two goals against Newcastle in the cup). And if they hadn't let Michy go to Dortmund then we would have been left without Auba.....

All very strange.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm
I think Chelski got the worst out of the triangular transfer saga with Giroud. A player who never had any pace, was pretty lazy movement wise both in and around the box and as we saw last night, still hasn’t figured out the offside rule.

Not one of the better strikers to wear the shirt over the last 30 years. Despite scoring over 100 goals for Arsenal, he never had one season where he scored more than 20 in the league.

I don't see how Le Lampost is going to fit into the Chavs' style of play. I can't see hazard, Willian, Pedro, Moses or Alonso belting down the line, looking up for the Cf and then waiting 5 minutes whil Giroud lumbers up into the area.

Maybe Conte will go long-ball?

Does anyone know how long he's signed for? Because he won't be getting any quicker over the next few years.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

I don't see how Le Lampost is going to fit into the Chavs' style of play. I can't see hazard, Willian, Pedro, Moses or Alonso belting down the line, looking up for the Cf and then waiting 5 minutes whil Giroud lumbers up into the area.

Does anyone know how long he's signed for? Because he won't be getting any quicker over the next few years.
18 month deal apparently.

NickF

Post by NickF »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

BBC says 18 months. It will be interesting to see how they use him as they seem to have been linked to anyone with a bit of height regardless of ability. The problem for me is that presumably our option from the bench is now going to be Danny Welshit. :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BBC Ornstein reporting we are trying to add a CB before the deadline.......fuck me we could do with a decent one....not Johny Evans please