THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by g88ner »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:59 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm
Has he gone yet?
Word of warning.

The day I finally get to answer your question in the affirmative I will be accompanying the word yes with a dick pic 8)
A part of me wants Arsene to have a job for life :?
I part of me thinks he's earned the right to leave when he wants flash :?

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

begeegs wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:47 pm
Wilson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:23 am
This is why we keep getting worse. We have a manager who lives in a bubble. He isnt trying to save face - he actually believes his comment “I cannot understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal."

This is why our decline will continue, because Wenger refuses to admit the deep rooted issues at our club. You cant fix problems if you cant admit they exist.

People ask, why do Arsenal keep allowing top class players to get into the last year of their contract - well its because Wenger doesn't see it as an issue, and in his own words, he believes no players want to leave. Why not allow your top plays to run their contract down if you absolutely believe they will sign an extension??

Sadly for us Arsenal fans, Wenger has less foresight than the common fan, as we all saw this coming a long way off ( He was also caught by surprise when Chamberlain wanted to leave). And its not that Wenger is stupid or dumb, rather he is just in denial about the state of affairs at Arsenal. He will keep lying to himself rather than confront the harsh reality, because the reality of accepting failure it too much for him to bear.

Some fans say Wenger has lost it, or is a dinosaur, or a poor tactician, and whilst that all is true. The best way to describe Wenger, is someone who is in denial and has created a alternate world than only he lives in. How else can you rationally explain “I cannot understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal."
Good post. Completely agree. Walcott was probably the only one who signed into the last 12 months of his deal in recent times. Because of this, Wenger thinks that everyone is completely loyal and wants to stay forever and ever despite the objective part which would be looking at the table.
Anyone one wanting an insight into just how big a c**t Wenger actually is got it yesterday when he hinted Sanchez had renaged on a 'deal' he made verbally with Wenger a year ago.
Not that actually I actually believe this bs, but what coach relies on a players word? He made the fatal errorof not declaring sign or leave to Sanchez in the summer of 2016, but there's nothing that will get him to admit it.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Wenger apparently barely mentions Alexis in the programme notes tonight. What a bitter prick we have in charge.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Didn't know where to post this, but pearls of wisdom from Moh Haider:

"If we received news that Arsenal had increased ticket prices for next season, we would all be fuming at the club right now.
Only fair then, that we give the club some credit for rightly freezing ticket prices"

If there wasn't enough reasons to hate this prick already :banghead:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:07 pm

"If we received news that Arsenal had increased ticket prices for next season, we would all be fuming at the club right now.
Only fair then, that we give the club some credit for rightly freezing ticket prices"

That fella is a WUM

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Wtf is he on about there?, I thought prices had actually come down because of no CL football?, in any case the only reason they came down is because TV money more than off sets this difference now and because they were worried that the ST waiting list was getting very short, as well as trying to buy some PR points as usual, whilst still ripping the fans off.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the cuntslop brown bread yet? <fingerscrossed>

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wonga on Giroud last night “I took him from Montpelier and made him a strong international for France”

This fucking muppet seriously does believe he is some kind of god!! “I made him”...... how did you make him you narcissistic prick???!!! :banghead:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Every poor showing Wenger is 'mad' at the players, yet he clearly doesn't do anything as these rubbish performances just keep coming.

Micheal Owen is spot on: "Arsenal are just not good anymore"

He is so right, we are not a good team. We used to e a good team found out by great teams. But we are bona fine the best of the rest, with the rest being the two Manchester clubs, Tottenahm, Liverpool and Chelsea. We are no longer part of the big clubs. There is a big 5 forming at the moment, at we are not one of them five. Although the sheer denial will continue and we will get worse.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Signing a CF.

Sanllehi, Mislintat, Gazidis: Aubameyang

Wenger: [dossier of 30000 footballers]

Sanogo,Young,Charmack,Lacazette,Wreh,Diawara,Caballero,Suker,Danilevicius,Jeffers,Aliadiere,Papadopulos,Reyes,Lupoli,Stokes,Bendtner,Adebayor,Walcott,Baptista,Vela, Gervinho, Miyaichi,Podolski,Campbell,Welbeck,Perez

Step

Post by Step »

We are an embarrassment.
Europa league qualification is the best we can hope for.

At least we have retained the ever dependable totally committed 100% man Ozil.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Step wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 pm
At least we have retained the ever dependable totally committed 100% man Ozil.
New contract in the bag now.. he can relax just like Walnut did when he got a bumper new deal after "upping his game" for a few months before renewal time a few years back, it will be back to anonymous Ozil now.

:roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Welllllll. It's all Bollox in the end isn't it. :?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Rumour on Twatter that Joachim Löw is first choice to take over from Wenger at the end of this season's regardless of the outcome of this season.

:barscarf:

If so, I'm very excited to see what a post-Wenger Arsenal is like because I've only ever known an Arsenal under his regime.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 am
Rumour on Twatter that Joachim Löw is first choice to take over from Wenger at the end of this season's regardless of the outcome of this season.

:barscarf:

If so, I'm very excited to see what a post-Wenger Arsenal is like because I've only ever known an Arsenal under his regime.
don't get your hopes up.
these rumours have been going on for years! :D