Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

augie

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by augie »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 am
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm
Cannot believe that we are gonna be paying ozil £350k per week :shock: :shock: He is a guy who turns up when he wants (and who suffers from a mystery illness every xmas :wink: ), and is a guy who doesnt really fit into too many conventional formations, and I would much rather than money being spent elsewhere
Pay per play for this kebab muncher!
Still rate him though, a modern day Liam Brady when he turns up!... :barscarf:

Let's face it, you only have to take a butchers hook into his cabinet to see the gold he has won, compared to the other shower of fucking potential, head and shoulders above the caaants including Sanchez!.... 8)

I watched danny higgingbottom on ssn a while ago trying to come up with an idea of what formation we are going to play now - I know that the c.unt isnt viewed as a tactical guru or anything like it, but the formations/systems he had us using were bizzare :shock: To me, and I know that I am repeating myself here, but there is no system that we can use that will maximise abamuyueng, mickywhatshisname, lacazette AND ozil, and it is ozil that complicates the situation imo. Personally, because of his inconsistancy issues throughout his time here, it would/should be ozil who should be case aside and continue with the very recent policy of shedding systems and players that have failed for too long now

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:19 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 am
augie wrote:
Cannot believe that we are gonna be paying ozil £350k per week :shock: :shock: He is a guy who turns up when he wants (and who suffers from a mystery illness every xmas :wink: ), and is a guy who doesnt really fit into too many conventional formations, and I would much rather than money being spent elsewhere
Pay per play for this kebab muncher!
Still rate him though, a modern day Liam Brady when he turns up!... :barscarf:

Let's face it, you only have to take a butchers hook into his cabinet to see the gold he has won, compared to the other shower of fucking potential, head and shoulders above the caaants including Sanchez!.... 8)

I watched danny higgingbottom on ssn a while ago trying to come up with an idea of what formation we are going to play now - I know that the c.unt isnt viewed as a tactical guru or anything like it, but the formations/systems he had us using were bizzare :shock: To me, and I know that I am repeating myself here, but there is no system that we can use that will maximise abamuyueng, mickywhatshisname, lacazette AND ozil, and it is ozil that complicates the situation imo. Personally, because of his inconsistancy issues throughout his time here, it would/should be ozil who should be case aside and continue with the very recent policy of shedding systems and players that have failed for too long now
Could also be said that Real Madrid came across this enigma, I remember the term Free Role, that is the only position!... :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I reckon we will see more of the same and only the names will change. Lacazette will take up the Giroud role and get his 15 minute run out at the end of games and hopefully Iwobi and Ramsey will find themselves sitting next to him for most of the time.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'm surprised that Ozil signed, even if no-one was exactly beating down the door to sign him. Now he's on silly money to play when he wants and perform when he wants.

I'd rather the other bloke stayed, but it's all academic with TOF in charge of this clusterfuck side.

beck

Post by beck »

augie wrote:
Ozil over Xmas
13/14
Played 4 games
14/15
Was out for 3 months with ruptured knee ligaments
15/16
Played 5 games
16/17
Played 3 games
17/18
Played 5 games

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

http://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/ars ... y-him.html

Interesting article echoes alot of what you lot are thinking. :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Does anyone remember the season 2015/16 when Ozil had 18 assists by February, we had just beaten Leicester, then Giroud stopped scoring? Anyone, remember the frustration Ozil showed when he created yet another chance to see giroud and Walcott scuff it wide?
Anyone remember that Ozil created more goal scoring opportunities in that season, then the entire Leicester squad put together?
He signed because he wants to be here and with Aubamayang and Lacazette he'll create more chances because Sanchez isn't around to take ball away from him.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

beck wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:29 pm
augie wrote:
Ozil over Xmas
13/14
Played 4 games
14/15
15/16
Played 5 games
16/17
Played 3 games
17/18
Played 5 games
He didn't play away at Palace or West Brom. Fake news people. :barscarf:

beck

Post by beck »

arseofacrow wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am
beck wrote:
augie wrote:
Ozil over Xmas
13/14
Played 4 games
14/15
15/16
Played 5 games
16/17
Played 3 games
17/18
Played 5 games
West Ham a
Newcastle h
Liverpool h
Palace a 90 mins
Chelsea h

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

beck wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am
arseofacrow wrote:
beck wrote:
augie wrote:
Ozil over Xmas
13/14
Played 4 games
14/15
15/16
Played 5 games
16/17
Played 3 games
17/18
Played 5 games
West Ham a
Newcastle h
Liverpool h
Palace a 90 mins
Chelsea h
Fuck you..and your fake news definition of christmas. :coffeespit:

I'd stop now.

Edit: please quantify your so called facts. It would show respect to the forum. Cheers

beck

Post by beck »

arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:14 pm
beck wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am
arseofacrow wrote:
beck wrote:
augie wrote:
Ozil over Xmas
13/14
Played 4 games
14/15
15/16
Played 5 games
16/17
Played 3 games
17/18
Played 5 games
West Ham a
Newcastle h
Liverpool h
Palace a 90 mins
Chelsea h
Fuck you..and your fake news definition of christmas. :coffeespit:

I'd stop now.

Edit: please quantify your so called facts. It would show respect to the forum. Cheers
12 days before
12 days after
Crystal palace away was on the 28 th December
Ozil played 90 mins
Sorry I don't know how to post links but it's on all sites that list our line up for the game