The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Now that the transfer window has slammed shut - a little relief. :D

phpBB [video]

8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Max Meyer is a German paint manufacturer in the Automotive trade.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm
Max Meyer is a German paint manufacturer in the Automotive trade.
:shock: Oh. So he's got 2 jobs then. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bottom line on these transfers...They are ALL down to Gazidis and his team NOT wenger. So credit where credit is due. Well done Gazidis. :oops: 8)

Sean

Post by Sean »

Technically it was a decent window for us, but still academic with that French chancer still in charge. Hopefully, this restructuring may force him out at the end of the season, but I won't bank on it.

beck

Post by beck »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 am
If we sign Aubameyang I will be buzzing personally. There's not a lot to cheer these days being a gooner, but he is quality and we will have done more than enough to replace sanchez. Bring it on.
I want him to be a great signing but let's look at the facts. In today's football it's more than strange that nobody else has tried to sign him for many years. He is 29 and nobody else in European football has got out their cheque book and said sign for us.
Time will tell but something does not add up. Feels like a big name signing to defuse the anger when Sanchez starts hitting the net for United.
Man Utd
Real Madrid
Psg
Man city
Liverpool
Ac Milan
Chelsea have all shown interest in aubamayang in the last couple of years

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

beck wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
If we sign Aubameyang I will be buzzing personally. There's not a lot to cheer these days being a gooner, but he is quality and we will have done more than enough to replace sanchez. Bring it on.
I want him to be a great signing but let's look at the facts. In today's football it's more than strange that nobody else has tried to sign him for many years. He is 29 and nobody else in European football has got out their cheque book and said sign for us.
Time will tell but something does not add up. Feels like a big name signing to defuse the anger when Sanchez starts hitting the net for United.
Man Utd
Real Madrid
Psg
Man city
Liverpool
Ac Milan
And yet none of the above signed him, not sure if you’re for or against the post?, I think something is a bit off with the signing, anyway the old fool will destroy him so why bother worrying

beck

Post by beck »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:08 am
Happy Talk wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 pm
NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 pm
Evening Standard suggesting that we are actually paying Batshuayi loan fee...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 54216.html
Interesting....huge money changing hands in the blink of an eye, to get deals done. A (quite big) bit of me hates all this to be honest.

Love to go back to when we signed 'Supermac' for £333,333 from Newcastle! Saw him score a hat-trick against Newcastle, went with my dad - just looked it up, 4th Dec 1976......fucking hell I was 10!

16 goals on MOTD that night..Birmingham beat someone 6-2 and we beat Newcastle 5-3...they only showed two matches in those days
I remember going crazy when I heard on BBC Radio 2 that Alan Hudson had joined Arsenal..Transfers seemed to happen then without months of speculation..There was the gossip columns in the Sunday papers but not much else .
I was at that Newcastle game
Freezing it was
Hard to believe you could park in avenal road in them days
Loads had there wing mirrors ripped off by Newcastle fans leaving early
It was away at Leicester that Birmingham won 6-2
The big match on itv the next day used to show 3 games
A London game was the main game
It was Fulham 5 Oldham 0
Then they showed very sketchy highlights from the regions
Man city 3 Derby 2
Ipswich 1 Liverpool 0( Liverpool defeats were quite rare in these days
Somehow it was more exciting when there was only highlights
You definatly made a point of watching everything
It was so exotic when an arsenal away game was on
The furthest I had been outside of a semi final at this stage was Luton
I was 13

beck

Post by beck »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:05 pm
beck wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Man Utd
Real Madrid
Psg
Man city
Liverpool
Ac Milan
And yet none of the above signed him, not sure if you’re for or against the post?, I think something is a bit off with the signing, anyway the old fool will destroy him so why bother worrying
100 percent for the signing

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:02 pm
Bottom line on these transfers...They are ALL down to Gazidis and his team NOT wenger. So credit where credit is due. Well done Gazidis. :oops: 8)
Sorry I don't buy that. Gazidis has demonstrated again and again that he is a spineless tool just taking a big wage and staying quiet. Kroenke has demonstrated again and again he condones Wenger having all the power at team and indeed club level. There is no way Gazidis signed these players without Wenger's approval or direction.

I honestly don't see why people are struggling to believe Wenger would sign them... he knew he was losing Ox Giroud Walcott and Sanchez. He had to replace them. He is an incompetent manager but not a total moron.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can we start a crowdfund to pay Lyon enough money to take back that useless dump of dog turd pretending to be a footballer at Wembley today?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:30 pm
Can we start a crowdfund to pay Lyon enough money to take back that useless dump of dog turd pretending to be a footballer at Wembley today?
Start a crowdfund to get rid of Wenger anywhere

MrT

Post by MrT »

SteveO 35 wrote:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

MrT wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:41 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
I take it that key time is when we're already 3-0 up against Palace in another meaningless league game - useless two bob c.unt