Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by herbert »

i see that Leeds new crest has been binned after one day

Club Statement: Crest Consultation

Leeds United would like to thank our supporters for their feedback on the proposed new crest released yesterday.

The volume and depth of opinions expressed reinforced the level of passion our fan base has for our club. While the current board of directors are custodians of Leeds United the fans will always be at the heart of everything we do, and you will be listened to.

We conducted thorough research into the desire for a change to the crest to symbolise a new era for the club. However, we also appreciate the need to extend the consultation with supporters and we are committed to working with you to create an identity we can all be proud of. We will release further information on how supporters can get involved in the process next week.

Marching On Together

where the fuck where we when we were introduced to our new cartoon crest :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

herbert wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Leeds United would like to thank our supporters for their feedback on the proposed new crest released yesterday.

The volume and depth of opinions expressed reinforced the level of passion our fan base has for our club. While the current board of directors are custodians of Leeds United the fans will always be at the heart of everything we do, and you will be listened to.

We conducted thorough research into the desire for a change to the crest to symbolise a new era for the club. However, we also appreciate the need to extend the consultation with supporters and we are committed to working with you to create an identity we can all be proud of. We will release further information on how supporters can get involved in the process next week.

Marching On Together

where the fuck where we when we were introduced to our new cartoon crest :banghead:
I was in the clock end when it was unfurled at half time by a group of unlucky junior gunners - it was met with a loud rendition of “ what the fucking hell is that ? “ by all - think the board took that as a sign of approval :banghead:

So Leeds have “custodians” too eh, wonder if they thank the fans for their interest in their club ?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Didn't know where to post this ...

The British press has printed stories every day for the last 4 or 5 days about horrors tackles on Citeeh players, the latest being Rahim Sterling wittering on.

I'm interested to see how this develops.

With us the media seemed to enjoy seeing teams kick lumps out of us, and maybe even encouraged it as a tactic for 'lower' teams to use. We got no sympathy. I wonder how Pep and Citeeh will get on.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Liverpool supporters asking for mouth breathers autograph as he walks down the tunnel ffs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:31 pm

The British press has printed stories every day for the last 4 or 5 days about horrors tackles on Citeeh players, the latest being Rahim Sterling wittering on.

With us the media seemed to enjoy seeing teams kick lumps out of us, and maybe even encouraged it as a tactic for 'lower' teams to use. We got no sympathy. I wonder how Pep and Citeeh will get on.
This this this ^^^^^

The fucking rank hypocrisy of the media scum whining about Citeh players getting chopped when they fucking encouraged shit like Bolton and Brum and Stoke to maim Arsenal players. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:49 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:31 pm

This this this ^^^^^

The fucking rank hypocrisy of the media scum whining about Citeh players getting chopped when they fucking encouraged shit like Bolton and Brum and Stoke to maim Arsenal players. :censored:
Thinking the same,....how many times did some journeyman ex footballer sit in a studio or write in some rag that "Arsenal don't like it when you kick them".?
I may be paranoid but I blame the media for the injuries to Diary, Eduardo and Ramsey as much as the thugs who injured them.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yeah I haven’t heard much narrative like “City don’t like it up ‘em”. Some of the ‘tackles’ have been a disgrace (Cardiff match especially) but not any different from the approach which has been glorified for years against us.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I wonder what good English yeoman danny mills has to say about the scum and their diving antics yesterday?

Probably he'd just remind us that Robert pires brought it over from France despite Klinsmann and ginola being two of the biggest divers you've ever seen back in the nineties :roll:

I think the media do go easier on English players but take a look at your average tabloid rags sports columns and there's usually a negative piece on raheem sterling. Sometimes it's the club the player belongs to that's the real target.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:13 pm
I wonder what good English yeoman danny mills has to say about the scum and their diving antics yesterday?

Probably he'd just remind us that Robert pires brought it over from France despite Klinsmann and ginola being two of the biggest divers you've ever seen back in the nineties :roll:

I think the media do go easier on English players but take a look at your average tabloid rags sports columns and there's usually a negative piece on raheem sterling. Sometimes it's the club the player belongs to that's the real target.
Danny Mills....fucking hate that fucker....dirty barstad as a player now a bitter and twisted commentator on football with his own agenda

He truly is a *word censored*

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

herbert wrote:

Marching On Together

Since 65 they have made 9 changes, it's fucking time they made their minds up mate!....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm
herbert wrote:

Marching On Together

Since 65 they have made 9 changes, it's fucking time they made their minds up mate!....
What on Earth was their catalyst ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this is going to happen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42954835

:cussing: :banghead: :censored:

if they want a fucking break then reduce the number of pointless international breaks!!
but oh no they are increasing those with the introduction of the "Nations League" bollocks

this "winter break" is basically a way of extending the season into June.
then the moans will start about the summer break not being long enough :banghead: :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Who can have the most ***** looking tattoos on their neck.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Chelsea playing in the lower divisions Cup Semi Final tonight...I know other Premier League clubs entered also but do the big clubs , albeit playing an under 23 or 21 team,have to have a finger in every pie.
That trophy is a great chance for the two lower division clubs to have a Cup run that goes all the way to Wembley, should be left to them....BTW Lincoln beat them on penalties.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Danny fucking Mills... bog average excuse for a footballer on a good day.... and good days were fucking rare during his "career". Every single time I've seen the talentless crunt on TV all he wants to talk about is Pires being a diver and he does it with this affected sense of distaste for the "cheating foreigner". :roll:

Still it's good to know that Pires continually outclassing him got up his nose to the extent that the brainless oik is still pissed about it over a decade later.... :lol:

Just once I'd love to see some simpering prick of a presenter say "hey Danny you bald bastard let's talk about serial divers like Gerrard, Rooney and Ali huh?" :censored: