CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by xisstential »

Let me give you an update and how the organizers are thinking.

We cannot protest now because spurs are up next...we cannot protest after that because of the cup final. Even if we lose both those games we will still be in the Europa and while there's hope.......

Once we are knocked out of that we will be fighting for 4th so we don't want to upset the rhythm of the team like we did last season. And if 4th is not available we HAVE to get 6th because we deserve to play in Europe so there won't be any protesting then either. And the last couple of weeks is no good because Wenger will be off in the summer to work for French TV at the WC so won't be here to face the music.

And next season won't be any good either because ....well there are just so many reasons....

And just for the record it wasn't us who started this "protest" we joined someone else and it was weeks before Aubemayang was signed. These things are not arranged the night before. EVERYBODY now knows, there will NEVER be a right time with our fan base.

We got rimmed by Swansea, that's right SWANSEA, but hey we signed Aubemayang.

And let's not forget lost our best player in exchange for someone who was crying when told he was coming to us. And we are paying that luxury German slacker over 300k a week even though NOBODY else wanted him because the same man who negligently trashed Sanchez's contract did the same to his.

But hey, what is there to protest about, right?

GTG

Post by GTG »

Well said.

I read comments from people saying trying to protest before Everton was idiotic given the transfer window because it was never going to get support given the window.

Load of bollox. It doesn't really matter when the protests are arranged there will never be enough support to make a difference and I was someone who believed a difference could really be made last season. I know better now and the people saying this last season were right all along.

Even some who took part in it last year have given up this year and will just wait until it sorts itself out.

The fans (in the majority) get the club they deserve.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I still don't get the logic of what was so great about the window?.

We spent £60M on Aubameyang and Miki but we lost Sanchez (our best player), maybe the two combined are a slight upgrade but negligable imo.

In the summer we sold Ox for £40M and in the window we also sold Walnut for £20M, neither were a massive loss, but they did cover the cost of the £60M we 'spent' on Aubameyang (Coq sale covers signing on fees etc.!), so why are some fans w@nking like it's yet another "we've turned the corner" and thinking we are now going to spend big??. :roll:

Our defence is as shocking as ever and we don't have a good DM option in the squad, infact I'd argue that at this point we might as well take a punt on AMN there rather than persevere with Xhaka, Elneny is maybe a decent back up but not good enough as first choice.

I'm happy to see early indications that Wenger's power might be starting to crumble but really we have a long way to go, Spurs are moving into a better stadium than us next season whilst we are adding a few extra prawn sandwich seats and spending money generated from player sales, it will take a lot more than that to convince me to go back to the bowl. :roll:

But then I'm just another 'entitled' gooner... :twisted:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

INSPIRATION

To Protest or not to Protest.

Its Rhetorical!!!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Its Rhetorical!!!
No it isn’t rhetorical. The word you are looking for is futile!

Nothing, let me state that again NOTHING will have any effect on the situation. It is out of our control.
I would like it to work but I’m a realist.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Its Rhetorical!!!

Nothing, let me state that again NOTHING will have any effect on the situation. It is out of our control.
Simply not true, if most people boycotted the club something would change, Arsenal fans are too soft and accepting of mediocrity, so that is exactly what they get. I wouldn't take a season ticket if offered it for a £1.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:04 pm
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Its Rhetorical!!!

Simply not true, if most people boycotted the club something would change, Arsenal fans are too soft and accepting of mediocrity, so that is exactly what they get. I wouldn't take a season ticket if offered it for a £1.
Sorry to disappoint you but it is completely true. It’s very sad, there’s no doubt about that but it is true.
Every single season ticket holder could refuse to renew, that won’t matter to the club. Tourism will take care of that and probably at a better margin too. For those with ambition to hold an ST will jump at the chance of getting one. Simply won’t work.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:38 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:04 pm
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Its Rhetorical!!!

Sorry to disappoint you but it is completely true. It’s very sad, there’s no doubt about that but it is true.
Every single season ticket holder could refuse to renew, that won’t matter to the club. Tourism will take care of that and probably at a better margin too. For those with ambition to hold an ST will jump at the chance of getting one. Simply won’t work.
So why so many empty seats for the last 3 years or more?, if tourists wont take up one-off games they sure as hell wont buy season tickets, I think you've fallen for the club's line, it's all a bluff.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Empty seats are the result of ST holders not turning up but also not putting their tickets on exchange. That’s a great protest by the way, giving them the one thing they want i.e. your cash, whilst depriving them of the thing they don’t give a fuck about, your presence!
Until a couple of weeks ago we have not gone to general sale so please don’t kid yourself.

NickF

Post by NickF »

SPUDMASHER wrote:

Its Rhetorical!!!

But at least I can say I fought for my club rather than meekly accepting it.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:03 pm
Empty seats are the result of ST holders not turning up but also not putting their tickets on exchange. That’s a great protest by the way, giving them the one thing they want i.e. your cash, whilst depriving them of the thing they don’t give a fuck about, your presence!
Until a couple of weeks ago we have not gone to general sale so please don’t kid yourself.
Why would they not put their tickets on TX?, basically that means they are paying more for each game they do bother to attend, I think it is more a case of them not being able to sell on their tickets rather than not bothering to try, people are losing interest rapidly as we become worse and worse and play s**t football.

I agree though that paying for a seat then not going is just about the worst thing you can do and anyone doing this has no right to make out they are more of a fan than someone who never goes to games, who in fact are probably doing more of a protest than they are!.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

NickF wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:09 pm
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Its Rhetorical!!!

But at least I can say I fought for my club rather than meekly accepting it.
But that doesn’t change the two most important things:-
1. It still won’t change anything as nobody that can affect the club cares if you fought for it, and
2. It’s not your club anymore and hasn’t been for about 20 years.

That’s sad and I totally understand people wanting to fight but there’s not point in picking a fight you can’t win.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

This is whats theyre saying bout Arsenal globally, on the tube!

Josh Kronke is not his father

(If you watch Game of thrones you know where i'm taking this from- Karstarks& the other one)

He's at the Emirates now, 3 months in London, learning the club & watching every match & seeing the demise 1st hand unlike his father.

He WILL SEE if you protest, hes living in London at the moment, He Will get word of It. & He will know whats going on in the dressing room.

SO PROTEST!....let him. Usmanov..& Arsene Wenger hear you!!! enough is enough!!! :banghead: :box:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Will there be a next generation of Arsenal Fans? :rubchin:

Can't even pass it down anymore.

Would you pass failure on to your son?

:?

bunch

Post by bunch »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:03 pm
I wouldn't under estimate the impact of empty seats, even paid for empty seats, in making change at the club. TV companies and their advertisers hate it. Promoting "Super Sunday" and then delivering a game with no atmosphere and a half empty stadium leaves egg on the face of the people with real power in football now.

Couple that with growing non-renewals and a dwindling ST waiting list, Kroenke and Gasidis will feel the pressure.