THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by BFG4 »

Sean wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:09 pm
The Old Fraud got a bust back in 2007 when be became supreme dictator at the club.

Anyway, this old cúnt's deal with the devil continues on. The protest was rained off and we're currently destroying our deadly rivals for the Sixth Place Trophy. All he needs to do is fluke the League Cup at the end of the month and he's buried the protests for another year, despite a shite league season, by which time he could have signed yet another extension :suicide:
https://t.co/ud7NBD19pk

This DT guy is a fame hungry prick. He looks down on protests because they don't suit him. I hope he's delighted with Wenger.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:42 pm

This DT guy is a fame hungry prick. He looks down on protests because they don't suit him. I hope he's delighted with Wenger.
That whole lot are. Robbie had a great idea and probably makes decent money now from Youtube and the rest of the pack are trying to do exactly the same with their own channels, etc.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Aubameyang scoring, Henrikh linking up well and getting a couple of assists. Crushing an Everton team who were not even average - they were shit.

Its games and times like these were support for Wenger is restored by the fans and pundits who are in love with the idea of Wenger leading a resurgent Arsenal. Even Wenger starts to dream and no doubt tell himself - this is it, we have turned a corner.

However lets be real, every now and then we will crush a team because we do have many top quality players, and if they play well, and the opposition dont show up, winning 5-1 is a likely result.

But the standards for a top manager need to be so much higher. We have only won 50% of our league games this year and we simply cant put a winning run together. Our best winning streak in the league this year is 3 games in a row. Its even worse when you realise we have only put back to back wins together 3 times all season. One winning streak of 3, and two winning steaks of 2. Any team that cant put long and multiple winning streaks together just isnt a good team.

Another thing about being a good team, is making your chances count. Today was a good win, especially in a week Liverpool and Tottenham play each other menaing either will drop points if not both. However given we play Tottenham next week - we simply need to win if we are to finish above them. If we lose we cant say, oh its ok there is 11 games to go. NO. If we cant beat Tottenham to narrow the gap, why should we expect other teams to?

If Tottenham lose to Liverpool, any good team will sense the opportunity to go bang bang on a rival and close the gap by 6 points in only two games.

But I just know next week we are going to the lane and are going to get rolled, and this feel good factor will be forgotten. A decent team will show up and put in a fight. However, this team, will likely to WHL and cave in.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Sean wrote:
The Old Fraud got a bust back in 2007 when be became supreme dictator at the club.

Anyway, this old cúnt's deal with the devil continues on. The protest was rained off and we're currently destroying our deadly rivals for the Sixth Place Trophy. All he needs to do is fluke the League Cup at the end of the month and he's buried the protests for another year, despite a shite league season, by which time he could have signed yet another extension :suicide:

Saw it before and I have to say I'm very disappointed by that. The arrogance to think he's the de facto leader of the Wenger out movement is quite disgusting.

Although he does have point about the protests yesterday being ineffective due to the buzz surrounding the Mkhitaryan and Aubemeyang signings.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 pm
BFG4 wrote:

That whole lot are. Robbie had a great idea and probably makes decent money now from Youtube and the rest of the pack are trying to do exactly the same with their own channels, etc.
I was willing to give the channel a chance at the start, but now it is clearly just about video views, and little else. Look at Ty as an example, he has the mental capacity of a child, and never has anything insightful to say, but because he is an idiot, Robbie will keep interviewing him, in order to get views.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:42 am
begeegs wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 pm
BFG4 wrote:

I was willing to give the channel a chance at the start, but now it is clearly just about video views, and little else. Look at Ty as an example, he has the mental capacity of a child, and never has anything insightful to say, but because he is an idiot, Robbie will keep interviewing him, in order to get views.
I think it was a genuinely good idea when it first started as it gave an insight into what match going fans were thinking. Then we just got the same faces time after time and now it's just a load of Chavs shouting their gobs off and a load of Chavs standing in the background shouting their gobs off. Stop talking to the same twats like that DT bell-end who is now nothing more than a fucking parody of an angry fan and start speaking to a wider mix of people and not the same fucking ones who need to keep up their carefully constructed persona. I think that Robbie seems a nice bloke and comes across well but now needs to freshen things up by getting rid of the likes of that DT bloke, Ty, who is just fucking deranged, Claude is always looks unwell and in need of help and get away from the Chav crowds. Get back a bit of respect by finding some more balanced people, not the same 'I'm so mad' about everything people.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Not sure why any importance is attached to what DT says, just another fan expressing his opinion of which he is totally entitled to express

As regards the AFTV channel in general, if you don't like it don't watch....

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 am
Not sure why any importance is attached to what DT says, just another fan expressing his opinion of which he is totally entitled to express

I disagree, as it's not like he is a nobody with fuck all following. He has a big following through Youtube and social media in general, so him criticizing the protests will have an impact on them. It pisses me off that people like him want to ***** themselves silly when we have a win against shit opposition, but then scream that they are the biggest 'Wenger Out's' whenever we lose.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 pm
Redarmy wrote:

I disagree, as it's not like he is a nobody with fuck all following. He has a big following through Youtube and social media in general, so him criticizing the protests will have an impact on them. It pisses me off that people like him want to ***** themselves silly when we have a win against shit opposition, but then scream that they are the biggest 'Wenger Out's' whenever we lose.
Cant judge how others regard him, but to me he's a nobody, just like most of the mugs on social media

Cant believe he would have any influence on anyone TBH...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:35 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Cant judge how others regard him, but to me he's a nobody, just like most of the mugs on social media

Cant believe he would have any influence on anyone TBH...
Just done a bit of research, Robbie from AFTV quoted as getting around £50K a year ...

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BFG4 wrote:
Sean wrote:

Yet he was quite happily photographed at the biggest one v Man City last year with a banner and took the megaphone for a while I think.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Was expecting the papers to savage Wenger this morning. But they didnt, I guess a 1-0 loss away to Tottenham is a good result. I suppose thats were the bar is at for Wenger. The media wont stick the boot in unless we lose by three goals or more

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We’ve managed 3 wins from 14 away games this year so by that benchmark a narrow 1-0 loss at Spurs is a good effort

Midz

Post by Midz »

Dear Mr Wenger

I can't be bothered to write to you today as anything I say has all been said before and we're all just waiting for you to fuck off.

So to all Gooners out there that feel the same way - have a great Sunday :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:04 am
We’ve managed 3 wins from 14 away games this year so by that benchmark a narrow 1-0 loss at Spurs is a good effort

phpBB [video]