Scum|Away|PL|10th Feb|12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Scum|Away|PL|10th Feb|12:30

Post by northbank123 »

Had to chuckle at “Wilshere might just have a chance at making the World Cup squad”

Which CMs make it ahead of him? Very little to cheer about but he has been excellent. Meanwhile the super fashionable but very average Alli and Dier did nothing.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm
Usually games like this get me hyped, and i am a nervous wreck for the 90 minutes, but it wasn't like that at all today. Our 'tactics' were beyond laughable, and pretty much relied on whichever Spurs player was crossing it, not getting the cross right, but once they did, koscielny and Mustafi looked like pub league players. Wanker again planned with only plan A, and once we went behind, he didn't have a clue how to switch things, and instead decided to move Aubameyang out to the wing, and to bring in the incompetent trio of Welbeck, Iwobi and Lacazette :banghead:
Overall we were shit, but i expect nothing less from wanker and his group of bottle jobs. On one hand you can be angry about today, or you can face the reality that the club gave up completely, when they were willing to give wanker a new deal.
Exactly, I think for a lot of us now it has got to the point of "meh", it just doesn't warrant an emotive response anymore,I have no idea how anyone can be arsed with bothering to even turn up now, until something major changes. I will be interested to see how fast those season tickets are renewed this time around.

:roll:
I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but i just can't get on board with anyone who decides to attend games anymore. Think about the equivalent, if you had a major grievance with a company, you wouldn't keep using their product, but yet our fanbase are happy to spend money to go into Kroenke and the board's pockets. I have to laugh when i see protests against Wenger, but these same people have paid for a season ticket, and some even buy shit out of the armory :banghead: each to their own and all that, but you can't be screaming for change at the club, while you pay money to prop it up. I await the angry replies :)

Happy Talk

Post by Happy Talk »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:32 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Usually games like this get me hyped, and i am a nervous wreck for the 90 minutes, but it wasn't like that at all today. Our 'tactics' were beyond laughable, and pretty much relied on whichever Spurs player was crossing it, not getting the cross right, but once they did, koscielny and Mustafi looked like pub league players. Wanker again planned with only plan A, and once we went behind, he didn't have a clue how to switch things, and instead decided to move Aubameyang out to the wing, and to bring in the incompetent trio of Welbeck, Iwobi and Lacazette :banghead:
Overall we were shit, but i expect nothing less from wanker and his group of bottle jobs. On one hand you can be angry about today, or you can face the reality that the club gave up completely, when they were willing to give wanker a new deal.

I havent seen any of the game yet (my eldest lad had a game at same time) and I'm not sure if I will watch any of it either unless I know for sure that the players and manager are gonna be torn apart by whatever pundits are dissecting the game.

One of the major worrying thoughts that I have been trying to ignore since the transfer window closed, was the notion that wenker would start playing boomerang out on the wing, and from what I am reading it appears to have happened today :roll: Why in the name of jesus h christ, would you buy one of the best strikers in europe, and then push him out on the wing ?? :evil: If you feel the need to bring on another striker, then go two up front instead of bolloxing about putting players in unfamiliar positions just to keep a failing system :roll: Wenker's tactical acumen has always been shit but it is beyond embarrassing now, and I am shocked that the pundits havent torn him apart over his "lets throw all the strikers on the pitch at the one time" strategy that is frequently on display these days :oops: :oops:

The highlighted line sums it all up for most of us though :cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:
Sick of this as the rest of us, but the 'chucking strikers on' has been a long-recognized trait, he used to stick on Wiltord and Kanu when we were trailing. Sadly we do not have that qualitee anymore to chuck on.

Once he goes, our 'recovery' will take as long as Liverpool's and that is not there yet.

It's all bollocks.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:32 pm
BFG4 wrote:

I havent seen any of the game yet (my eldest lad had a game at same time) and I'm not sure if I will watch any of it either unless I know for sure that the players and manager are gonna be torn apart by whatever pundits are dissecting the game.

One of the major worrying thoughts that I have been trying to ignore since the transfer window closed, was the notion that wenker would start playing boomerang out on the wing, and from what I am reading it appears to have happened today :roll: Why in the name of jesus h christ, would you buy one of the best strikers in europe, and then push him out on the wing ?? :evil: If you feel the need to bring on another striker, then go two up front instead of bolloxing about putting players in unfamiliar positions just to keep a failing system :roll: Wenker's tactical acumen has always been shit but it is beyond embarrassing now, and I am shocked that the pundits havent torn him apart over his "lets throw all the strikers on the pitch at the one time" strategy that is frequently on display these days :oops: :oops:

The highlighted line sums it all up for most of us though :cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:
You mean like when he played Podolski there for 2 years to accommodate the Lamppost. He's even played Barry Bendtner out there before! Nothing this clueless c.unt does surprises me anymore. One thing's for sure - he won't admit his mistake with Joe L'Average, and nor will he shift from his rigid lone striker formation so the two of them will no doubt be rotated out wide

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

2 up front?

Don’t be so fucking ridiculous.

One up front has brought us such success!

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:55 pm
The *word censored* is still delusional and a bare faced LIAR! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43017606
What game is he talking about ?? - not todays game !. Scum killed us today & 1-0 probably should/could have been 5. We're very average. Lose away to Swansea & Bournmouth so this result was no surprise. Wenger out & we'll come back. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

As soon as we lost Sanchez & Walcott and signed PAE & Henrikh I knew we would lose width. We used to play 4-2-3-1 with either Walcott, Iwobi, Sanchez, Chamberlain on the wings. But now we have to play 4-3-2-1 with Ozil and Henrick behind the striker with a 3 man midfield. This is hard core evidence that Wenger doesn't recruit players to fit a system, but he changes the system to fit with the players he signs. There isnt a plan with regards to transfers - its a scatter gun approach of getting whats available. Its a back to front way of doing things, and shows lack of control and conviction when a managers operates like this. Wenger isnt walking the dog, the dog is walking him.

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:49 pm
Beyond being angry or upset anymore, I have resigned myself to the fact that we will be crap until Wenger goes and even then we will probably still be only a borderline top 4 or 5 club at best.

I am not sure whether to admire those who still hold enough interest to go to games, or condemn them for being part of the reason that the club is stuck in this horrible stasis of mediocrity which looks set firm for decades.

Talking about individuals, whether they be players (Iwobi, Xhaka, Lacazette or whoever) or managers just seems futile in the face of what we now are - merely an investment to make money, a mid-level corporation that is a safe investment for steady returns.

We are the worst possible reflection of "modern football" - stale, boring, sterile, unambitious, corporate, business focused.

Boring boring Arsenal has never been more true..
Sadly, the best, most succinct post on the board. Shut it down gang, no need to run the joint til wiggy and the inspector fuck off. Have the gator hit the lights on the way out.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm
This guy says it all:

phpBB [video]
Fuck me just what we need another would be celebrity, stating the fucking obvious :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Exactly, I think for a lot of us now it has got to the point of "meh", it just doesn't warrant an emotive response anymore,I have no idea how anyone can be arsed with bothering to even turn up now, until something major changes. I will be interested to see how fast those season tickets are renewed this time around.

:roll:
I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but i just can't get on board with anyone who decides to attend games anymore. Think about the equivalent, if you had a major grievance with a company, you wouldn't keep using their product, but yet our fanbase are happy to spend money to go into Kroenke and the board's pockets. I have to laugh when i see protests against Wenger, but these same people have paid for a season ticket, and some even buy shit out of the armory :banghead: each to their own and all that, but you can't be screaming for change at the club, while you pay money to prop it up. I await the angry replies :)

I agree with you. I think those who still attend games fall into 2 categories (more or less) the Long Standing Gooners who do not want to let go of their ST and 'need' to go to games to support their team because it is their life long 'addiction', whilst others are somewhat either 'numb' or simply do not go along with what many of us long standing Gooners attest to - That the club has sold its soul and no longer has the values and class it once did, these having been forsaken for the mighty $ (literally in the case of Arsenal FC). The latter of the fans who attend games are also those who have come to Goonerdom whilst wenger is at the helm and so know no other way and part of thier mantra really is 'Be careful what you wish for'. Change can cause excitement and / or fear - Change is part of life - all things must change and adapt in order to survive, but it is the 'kind' of changes and 'how' those changes are implemented that dictates whether the excitement will outweigh the fear.

For me there is only ONE way we can influence those changes and that is by using the one tiny thread of power that we as fans still have and that is to vote with our Feet. No matter what people may like to believe - Football - Sorry that should be Premier League Football is all about One thing 'Financial Gain & Profit' - if it coincides that trophies and titles are won as part of that profit making, then that is a bonus for the Pay Masters.

Arsenal have a manager who as a 'manager & coach of a football team' is redundant and out of touch, also because he has inveigled his way into a position of unchallengeable power he also has his hands not only on the running of all things football wise, but he has a huge say in the financial say so of the club; backed to the hilt by an owner who is interested in only One thing - "Profit".

All the other clubs in the prem are now part of the profit machine, however some (man $hitty, chavski & manure) have adopted a Profit making approach whilst managing to do so while challenging for & winning titles & trophies.

Wenger is always going on about the financial workings and structure of the club, but it is not as a good as the three clubs mentioned, thus not only is Arsene failing to win Trophies (the last 3 FA Cups have been more down to luck than any kind of Wenger master plan) but the club could be equally profitable whilst winning trophies and titles if it was run more efficiently - thus keeping owner AND Fans happy.

Anyone who still attends home games cannot have it both ways they are either part of the problem and so need to stop going to home games and become part of the solution.

The thing is those that still attend come out with all kinds of excuses :blah: :blah: :blah: as to why they do, but in the end they are only fooling themselves and keeping wenger in place.

End Of.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:23 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm
This guy says it all:

phpBB [video]
Fuck me just what we need another would be celebrity, stating the fucking obvious :banghead:
Out of all the You Tube faces who air their opinions on YT - he is the only one whom I have time for...He really is more interested in the team doing well than fame un-like all the others, unfortunatley he has been signed up by that robbie bloke on AFTV to appear weekly, why? Because his views are balanced, articulate and honest....so I guess in time we may well see some kind of dumbing down to the popular views. That seek more to increase viewers than tell the truth. :?

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

When are people going to get “voting with your feet” or “boycotting” will never! Work”. Their will always be someone willing to fill a seat. Yes their may be the odd empty ones. But with a world wide fanbase (tourists) the size of ours it wont happen.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

wilko49er wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:44 am
When are people going to get “voting with your feet” or “boycotting” will never! Work”. Their will always be someone willing to fill a seat. Yes their may be the odd empty ones. But with a world wide fanbase (tourists) the size of ours it wont happen.
Once upon a time I'd agree but have you seen the stadium recently especially for cup games and league games against the lesser lights - rows and rows of empty seats

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wilko49er wrote:
Yes, there will always be a tourist/plastic fan ready to snap up tickets - and keep the bowl in profit, but it IS down to a Moral choice...and so when I say the only way to get shot of wenger (and eventually wiggy) is to 'vote with their feet' till then it just goes on and on and on and on and on and on :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: with tourists filling the bowl - till perhaps they (in their numbed down ickle minds) 'catch on'...I guess it depends on where peoples bottom lines are, how far they are willing to go and what price they are willing to pay (pun intended) ...All or Nothing or I'm alright Jack let the others give up their ST etc

Sad Really...but it is just another facet & symptom of the financially driven way of life in the currently morally corrupt climate that is now the world.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

wilko49er wrote:

Some league games this season there have been 10-15,000 empty seats.Its not true that he seats will be filled regardless