THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Sean »

Great tune Bard, sums us right up :barscarf: :lol:

Sadly, the media never seem to go all out against The Old Fraud. They almost did when the protests were on last season, it seems to be an open secret among them that TOF has been finished for years now, but given how the club rolls out the red carpet for them and feeds them well, it would appear to need a near-relegation to finally break the vow of silence from the hacks. Other clubs have been in the news and have conveniently taken the heat off of us; Liverpool and their defensive calamities, Mourinho's soundbites, Manure's inconsistency and Chelsea's slow implosion under Conte.

It's been a shite season in the league, but we could still fluke a League Cup, which is enough to kill off any appetite for protests for another 12 months. Typical TOF. It would be nice to win the Europa League (TOF's only chance to get in the Be All and End All), but that would require TOF to break the habit of a lifetime and win a European trophy. Considering that he's only reached three European finals in 35 years of management - and lost all of them - it looks like we'll be in the Europa next season (and underachieving in that as well). Winning the PL and the CL has long been a pipe dream under TOF.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

45 points from the first 26 games of the Premier League season is the LOWEST points total we have had at this stage since we moved to the Emirates..

Catalyst for change :barscarf: :banghead:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

1 shot on target the whole game vs the Spuds. At least we used to lose in style now it's just boring.
So much money being spent on attack and we simply don't attack. Elneny and Xhaka are just not good enough so we compensate by flooding the area to try and stop the opposition from scoring. I don't see Wenger fixing our midfield problem in the next window either so Aubameyang will soon be wondering well on earth he joined. For me this is Wengers worst season by a long way and that's saying something.

NickF

Post by NickF »

I was looking at our remaining fixtures, ok we still have to play City and United but the rest looks like a glorious push for the VT, renewed optimism that Wenger has changed and a contract extension. I fully appreciate with the Arsenal you never know whether we will turn up or not.

Brighton
Watford
Leicester
Stoke
Southampton
Newcastle
West Ham
Burnley
Huddersfield

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 am
I was looking at our remaining fixtures, ok we still have to play City and United but the rest looks like a glorious push for the VT, renewed optimism that Wenger has changed and a contract extension. I fully appreciate with the Arsenal you never know whether we will turn up or not.

Brighton
Watford
Leicester
Stoke
Southampton
Newcastle
West Ham
Burnley
Huddersfield
even if we won those 9 games (we won't) that would only give us 72 points and these days that won't be enough to finish in the top 4.
if Chelsea win tonight they go 8 points clear of us and they are only 5th!

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Even if the most depressing event in Gooner history happens Wenger will still not get the fúcking sack, because his crazy moronic followers won't ever demand his dismissal. :barscarf:

It's bad enough that the Chavski vermin have won the European Cup, next up will be Man Citeh very soon but if this evil event ever happens many Gooners will be very angry & worse! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :box: :box: :box: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What the fuck has happened to our once great club? :cussing:

MrT

Post by MrT »

Drip drip reports that no CL and he will finally be told to fuck off this summer.

Don't underestimate what that snake Gazidis has been doing behind the scenes. All the personnel are in place for Wenger's departure. No CL is hurting the commercial side and you know not being able to rinse the fans for money to get embarrassed in the last 16 is unacceptable.

Or he will announce his departure in the summer and agree to leave in 2019. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

MrT wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 pm
Drip drip reports that no CL and he will finally be told to fuck off this summer.

Don't underestimate what that snake Gazidis has been doing behind the scenes. All the personnel are in place for Wenger's departure. No CL is hurting the commercial side and you know not being able to rinse the fans for money to get embarrassed in the last 16 is unacceptable.

Or he will announce his departure in the summer and agree to leave in 2019. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
But getting back in the CL demands big spending, when the club can remain profitable even from just PL and EL football, why do you think the club has ambition when it will have to invest KSE's cash guarantor money for the Rams project?, Ivan has already been briefed by Stan on the MO, which is why he said we had to look to the Leicester model!, people think he was joking?, why?, look at Kroenke's other sh*t sports 'investments'.

I actually think Gazidis is 'trying' to an extent with some good appointments but his work will be monumental given the financial constraints the club will be working under, thanks to years of chronic lack of drive (not replacing failing manager, spending etc.), basically sitting on our hands waiting for success to come but not overally bothered, plus money being kept in the bank to make KSE's investment stable.

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 pm
But getting back in the CL demands big spending, when the club can remain profitable even from just PL and EL football, why do you think the club has ambition when it will have to invest KSE's cash guarantor money for the Rams project?,
You keep on posting that, but do you actually have any proof given that the Rams are actually worth twice what we are?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:50 pm
You keep on posting that, but do you actually have any proof given that the Rams are actually worth twice what we are?
Impossible to get proof but our regular habbit of keeping a hefty cash reserve, well above what is required, would suggest it may have something to do with using Arsenal as 'leverage', then again you could be right but that wouldn't necessarily be much better because it would just likely either be one of two things, either Kroenke not allowing 'risky' spending (which would apply to any manager) or Wenger himself being cheap, I know a lot of people buy this but I'm not so sure, not that I'm defending TOF before people get their knickers in a twist, I just think it more likely orders from above, Wenger playing the company man basically.

The sooner Wenger leaves the better because perhaps then people will understand how damaging Kroenke is, I could be wrong of course, but the evidence is all there (in the US) if you look for it, and I called for Wenger out in 2008 and was right then so I am confident I've got this right as well, unfortunately for the club.

I always said about Wenger to the AKB's I met that I'd love to be proved wrong, he never has and never will.. even they realise this now!!.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The biggest indictment of Wenger so far as I am concerned is not that he has become a distinctly ordinary manager in the modern era, but that he has been content to act as a human shield for Kronke's lack of ambition. He used the Emirates move as an excuse for replacing top quality players with dross, then when that was no longer relevant simply allowed the club to drift further and further away from where we should be because even the top four trophy is no longer seen as essential by Kronke.

He is an employee of the club being paid extortionate wages with no incentive to achieve meaningful performance targets.
What a cushy number!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Wenger can't really prioritise the Europa League over the Premier League as sending out a weakened team at the weekends would upset all the club/diamond/titanium level wankers, upon whom we rely on for our existence.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 am
The biggest indictment of Wenger so far as I am concerned is not that he has become a distinctly ordinary manager in the modern era, but that he has been content to act as a human shield for Kronke's lack of ambition. He used the Emirates move as an excuse for replacing top quality players with dross, then when that was no longer relevant simply allowed the club to drift further and further away from where we should be because even the top four trophy is no longer seen as essential by Kronke.

He is an employee of the club being paid extortionate wages with no incentive to achieve meaningful performance targets.
What a cushy number!
A once football revolutionary turned financial mercenary, yet his moronic followers still laud his long in the past footballing achievements whilst totally ignoring his machiavellian fleecing of the club & supporters. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's all about the cash with Wiggy & Wonga. :barscarf:

Blade

Post by Blade »

Serious coaching going on

Clash

Post by Clash »

I see Wenger when talking about our dreadful away form, repeated some bollocks he had come out with before about how playing home or away shouldn't make any difference.

While pitches are the same, the ball is the same and the rules are the same etc. for me this is just another proof that he doesnt understand the passion or emotion of football. Or the importance of the crowd. That time he substituted the Ox against Man United was a classic example of his lack of understanding of how a partisan crowd works in your favour. He killed the atmosphere in that game and we went on the lose.

Wenger seems to want to have a squad of automatons - a technical machine, programmed to perform a limited and repetitive range of functions according to a predetermined set of instructions. They're all the same and all do the same thing. No leadership, no balance, no character.

Cold, soulless and depressing. Just like the stadium he moved us to.