AC Milan (A) | Europa League R16 L1 | Thu 8 Mar 18:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: AC Milan (A) | Europa League R16 L1 | Thu 8 Mar 18:00

Post by g88ner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:08 pm
Looking forward to this one.

AC Milan are one of the giants of European football, and the San Siro is one of the great stadiums, so regardless of the shite we're serving up at away games up and down England, I'm really hoping for a nice surprise and we leave Milan with the tie still up for grabs.
Come now stop this blatant trolling. :twisted:
ha, no seriously; playing a European knockout round against a European giant like Milan is something worth looking forward to. I'm not exactly optimistic of our chances but you never know; maybe Milan aren't all that special these days either? - we'll see.

blair207

Post by blair207 »

This is a fascinating match for all the wrong reasons. Two teams who should be doing a lot better in their leagues with an outside chance of CL qualification if they win the tie. The difference is they have a bit of recent form and a hungry guy in charge who will be dying to grasp the opportunity. We’ve got a team and manager behaving like a rabbit in the headlights.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Ospina and Welbeck nailed on to start. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welbeck is a sick joke. Ospina, whilst by no means top drawer is worth a thousand of that helmet headed Chav c.unt who has been nothing short of a disgrace since he joined this club. If I never see him again it will be too soon

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:39 pm
Welbeck is a sick joke. Ospina, whilst by no means top drawer is worth a thousand of that helmet headed Chav c.unt who has been nothing short of a disgrace since he joined this club. If I never see him again it will be too soon

This is Pete the Plank without his helmet.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

g88ner wrote:

AC Milan are one of the giants of European football, and the San Siro is one of the great stadiums, so regardless of the shite we're serving up at away games up and down England, I'm really hoping for a nice surprise and we leave Milan with the tie still up for grabs.
Look at the bigger picture FFS.If we suffer a heavy defeat Wenger goes.If we somehow get a result the agony continues.I would sacrifice no CL next season to see the end of Wenger. Remember those FA cup wins kept him in a job.Do you want another season of this shit?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm
g88ner wrote:

Look at the bigger picture FFS.If we suffer a heavy defeat Wenger goes.If we somehow get a result the agony continues.I would sacrifice no CL next season to see the end of Wenger. Remember those FA cup wins kept him in a job.Do you want another season of this shit?
I see the bigger picture mate. Doesn't mean I can't look forward to a game against AC Milan at the San Siro though.

I grew up in the late 80s, early 90s, thinking of AC Milan as the pinnacle of European football. Even playing them in the Super cup back in 1995 felt like a big deal as we were taking on Baresi, Maldini, Donadoni, Boban and co. in one of the world's most iconic stadiums.

I've always had a soft spot for Milan because of that era and I can't apologise for looking forward to playing them again regardless of the circumstances.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm
g88ner wrote:

Just like he did after all those other heavy defeats - 8-2 at OT, 6-0 in his 1000th game, 5-1 and 4-0 at Anfield, 6-3 at the Etihad, 10-2 to Bayern, 4-0 in the San Siro. This sad old c.unt isn't going anywhere.....especially all the while he's employed by an even bigger c.unt

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Welbeck would struggle to finish a *****, let alone a chance at the San Siro.

I agree, Ospina is better than flowerpot brains but that's not hard. He makes Almunia look like Oliver Kahn.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

I agree, Ospina is better than flowerpot brains but that's not hard. He makes Almunia look like Oliver Kahn.
It's hilarious isn't it. I know quite a few Gooners who have convinced themselves that we'll at least get to the semi final of this competition. Welbeck as a lone striker with Nketia as back up? Xhaka and Ramsey strolling around in midfield at a snail's pace and a ragbag collection of useless centre halves. Honestly this team wouldn't win the Emirates Cup if we invited teams only from San Marino and Gibraltar let alone the Europa League. The journey for the team ends here, but sadly Shit for Brains journey will continue

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 pm
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

It's hilarious isn't it. I know quite a few Gooners who have convinced themselves that we'll at least get to the semi final of this competition. Welbeck as a lone striker with Nketia as back up? Xhaka and Ramsey strolling around in midfield at a snail's pace and a ragbag collection of useless centre halves. Honestly this team wouldn't win the Emirates Cup if we invited teams only from San Marino and Gibraltar let alone the Europa League. The journey for the team ends here, but sadly Shit for Brains journey will continue
If we had Aubameyang I would say we had a better chance of winning the EL. If we had Lacazette I would say a shot at the semi's, at least, would be achievable. However, we have Yaya Welnogo and a twelve-year-old leading the line. Not forgetting the midget 'keeper or a helmet-headed fool who couldn't save a word document.

I want to win the EL but there isn't a hope in hell that we will.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I always thought qualifying for the be all and end all was the club’s raison d'etre but the fact they’re going to let Le Fuckwad piss any remote chance of achieving that target up against the wall has me doubting it.

If he was given the bullet before Milan I’d give us an outside chance of going on to win the Europa League with the bounce it would give the whole club but by letting the banter bus roll on it’s game over this round.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh and by the way, can one of the lazy arse mods unsticky (snigger) the fucking Östersunds thread??

It’s doing my fucking head in. Oh and while you’re at it do the same for the City thread. This place is going down the shitter. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:52 pm
Oh and by the way, can one of the lazy arse mods unsticky (snigger) the fucking Östersunds thread??

It’s doing my fucking head in. Oh and while you’re at it do the same for the City thread. This place is going down the shitter. 8)
Ah, then it shall stay as a sticky. Permanently. You're welcome 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:52 pm

OK I've done all that your lordship. :box: :lol:

I can't see us getting a result in Milan at all. Welwide is Championship quality on a good day, Ozil is frustrated and going through the motions, Ramsey and Xhaka are totally innefective, Bellend is now one of the worst right backs in the PL, Kalasinac is now a typical Wenger functionary with all drive drained out of him, Kos and Mustafi have zero confidence and Cech is fucking awful. Ospina is slightly better but that's like saying I'd rather drink a wino's piss than eat his shit. :roll:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Really sad seeing what happened to Kolasinac, he truly has been Wengered, could see him getting the hump with signs that he wanted to break out of it yesterday.

Got no chance in Milan, might aswell make the change now and see if we can get a new manager bounce to get us through these 2 games and then regroup, Wenger will lose this in the first game.