THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 am
Lacazette has been brain washed by the untouchable leader...He is quoted as saying winning the Europa League is important as it will keep Wenger at the club.
I suppose you can't blame him - who else would have splashed 50m+ on a useless lump of turd like him and make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. I can't recall a queue of big clubs beating a path to his door. He was absolute gash in the second leg of that Toytown Cup the other night - barely moved off the same spot, useless lazy c.unt. No wonder he wants Shit for Brains to stay so badly

General

Post by General »

Not one for I told you so but earlier in the season when some of us said that we'd reached a new phase in this deep decline, some on here argued this season wasn't going to be any different, fixtures were in reverse order and Wonga's deal with devil was intact. The expectation was that we'd at least get 4th or finish close to it. So if you're surprised by the current mess I'm afraid you are one of these people. We may well get past Atletico and win Europa but it would only mask further decline if Le clown stays. Fully expect a midtable finish and out of CL in last 16 at best.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Le bulbeye has a deal with someone for sure..After today's pathetic bumholing you would expect the media to go to town..then up pop the baggies with a win at old traffart and citeh win the league..media attention turned totally away from our shitey failure yet again :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fewest away points in 2018 in the Top 4 English leagues:

Watford 1
Grimsby 1
ARSENAL 0

Anyone see Wanka lost his shit in the presser when he was told about the Grimbsy manager gloating about not being the worst team away from home this year? He came out swinging -
I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimation when he said that. We have not resorted to that, but I'll tell you, you can tell him now if he’s watching it, we're still fighting to be the least shit away side, and he's got to go to Kidderminster Harriers and get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.
:barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Haha superb. Best thing I’ve seen all day Rodders.

Genuinely Geordies surprisingly love talking about that meltdown. Along with Albert’s chip against United and Bergkamp’s goal it’s tbe highlight of the last few decades.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Our next away game is at Old Trafford so you can immediately chalk down another away defeat (and at least one Sanchez goal) to our merry bunch of quims.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

you got to hand it to the guy - he is persistent :barscarf:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-12371516

Clash

Post by Clash »

General wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:56 pm
Not one for I told you so but earlier in the season when some of us said that we'd reached a new phase in this deep decline, some on here argued this season wasn't going to be any different, fixtures were in reverse order and Wonga's deal with devil was intact. The expectation was that we'd at least get 4th or finish close to it. So if you're surprised by the current mess I'm afraid you are one of these people. We may well get past Atletico and win Europa but it would only mask further decline if Le clown stays. Fully expect a midtable finish and out of CL in last 16 at best.

I was the one who said that and hands up I have been proved wrong. 11 defeats is a good few more than I expected, purely because the PL is made up of so many dreadful teams.

However, I think I said it back in Oct/Nov I think – before we sold Sanchez and Giroud. Both of those players, especially Sanchez, had a knack of getting Wenger off the hook in games we had played poorly … often against the type of opponents we have lost 5 games against away from home.

This season Giorud came off the bench and from a Sanchez cross rescued a point at Southampton (and this weekend got Chelsea all 3 points there) and in his last away game for us, Sanchez scored twice in a 3-1 win at Palace. If those 2 hadnt been sold then I think we might have got a few points from the 5 away games we’d played this season. Still not good enough for a club of our stature but I doubt we would be on 11 defeats if we hadn’t sold those 2 players.

This deserved run of away defeats is long overdue though.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Clash wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm
General wrote:

I was the one who said that and hands up I have been proved wrong. 11 defeats is a good few more than I expected, purely because the PL is made up of so many dreadful teams.

However, I think I said it back in Oct/Nov I think – before we sold Sanchez and Giroud. Both of those players, especially Sanchez, had a knack of getting Wenger off the hook in games we had played poorly … often against the type of opponents we have lost 5 games against away from home.

This season Giorud came off the bench and from a Sanchez cross rescued a point at Southampton (and this weekend got Chelsea all 3 points there) and in his last away game for us, Sanchez scored twice in a 3-1 win at Palace. If those 2 hadnt been sold then I think we might have got a few points from the 5 away games we’d played this season. Still not good enough for a club of our stature but I doubt we would be on 11 defeats if we hadn’t sold those 2 players.

i said way way back after our shit start to the season and before the season started that we would finish 5th or 6th,i couldn't believe the arrogance of some here to suggest that Liverpool and Spurs were both dog shit and would still finish below us,anybody with a brain could tell they would both eventually supercede us and knock us of our top 4 perch.some peoples arrogance is as bad as the arrogance displayed by TOF himself and should be ashamed of themselves

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 am
you got to hand it to the guy - he is persistent :barscarf:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-12371516
ahahahaha!! excellent :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

markyp wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:23 pm
Clash wrote:
General wrote:

i said way way back after our shit start to the season and before the season started that we would finish 5th or 6th,i couldn't believe the arrogance of some here to suggest that Liverpool and Spurs were both dog shit and would still finish below us,anybody with a brain could tell they would both eventually supercede us and knock us of our top 4 perch.some peoples arrogance is as bad as the arrogance displayed by TOF himself and should be ashamed of themselves
I'm not sure its arrogance mate. Maybe with some but for me and others I know, it was just us hopelessly resigning ourselves to seeing the same thing happen again.

You have been proved right this season but many people have been predicting this kind of season was gonna happen for several years and they were not proved right until now.

Nobody ever pulls up one of their own quotes or predictions from months ago and says 'Look, I predicted so and so ... and it turned out to be complete bollocks'' :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Clash wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Nobody ever pulls up one of their own quotes or predictions from months ago and says 'Look, I predicted so and so ... and it turned out to be complete bollocks'' :D
:lol: :lol: :high5:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
markyp wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:23 pm
Clash wrote:
General wrote:

I'm not sure its arrogance mate. Maybe with some but for me and others I know, it was just us hopelessly resigning ourselves to seeing the same thing happen again.

You have been proved right this season but many people have been predicting this kind of season was gonna happen for several years and they were not proved right until now.

Fucking 100% right Clash mate. The real arrogance is coming on here posting shit like "I told you so" after FINALLY correctly predicting ONE out of the last 5 or 6 seasons ffs. And then having the fucking cheek to point fingers and start name calling? Pull your fucking heads in. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 pm
Clash wrote:

:lol: :lol: :high5:
Actually maybe the "I told you so" brigade could quote their cup final predictions from last May? And then tell everyone they are arrogant and, best of all, stupid.... :lol:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I have been keeping an eye on Burnley these past 2 months. We have them at home second last game of the season - how humiliating if they win that to go ahead of us, or worse, secure a finish above us.

It was let slide when Leicester beat us to the title, I guess because that was an abnormally in which they won the league and we finished 2nd, so Wenger rationalized it as a good season despite the fact we missed a golden chance to win the league (never again in PL history will a teams title rival be a yoyo club - but it was for us, and Wenger still fucked it up). But how can anyone (even Ty from AFTV) justify Wenger, if Burnley finish above us?

If that happens and Wenger remains, then there really would be no standards at all. There isnt a minimum expectation Wenger must deliver to remain at the club. The club and certain fans will accommodate any humiliation, including Burnley finishing above us.

The more I think about Burnely finishing above us, the more I appreciate just how far the standards have dipped. Standards have been long declining, but up until 3 years ago you at least knew where the floor was - a terrible 2 months ending our trophy chances before a late season rally to finish in the top 4. But that floor has collapsed, and collapsed hard. We are in a situation know, where we face the real possibility of Burnley dislodging us from the to 6. And if it did happen, I think anyone would give a F, because the resignation of Wenger hanging around like a bad smell is just entrenched in everyone.

Cmon Wenger lovers, tell me again 'who else could do a better job'? or my favorite, 'if Wenger is sacked, Arsenal will be nothing more than a top 6 club' (John Cross 2014).