Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

augie

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by augie »

Theoperator wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:29 pm
Would Conte be worth considering? Looks like he is out of the door at The Chavs?

Should have thought of him alright :oops: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm
I voted for Allegri. Surprised you didn't put Simeone as an option Augie. He would be my first choice. If it is Viera he could be our Simeone.

He would be my first choice too but I didnt include him because, in my opinion at least, there is a higher chance that I am going to be the next manager 8)

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Brendan Rodgers and Patrick Vieira are the bookies favorite right now... Don't know if that speaks much into it but damm

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Voted for Allegri but either Simeone, Allegri and yes Conte would do. In Conte's case I reckon the crazy transfer policy of Chelsea did him over. Maybe he will reflect on how he treated players like crazy Costa and learn from that.

I think the club will learn that the idea of very long stints of managers won't be repeated. Look around at everyone else.

OMG it happened!! :shock: :barscarf:

Thread is only a slight waste of time :barscarf:

augie

Re: Who should be our next manager? Merged thread

Post by augie »

Theoperator wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 pm
PV4 in time, but this really isnt the right time, need someone with experience to sort things out from top to bottom.

We do I feel have the makings of a good side here, some players need to and will step up, the defence is so badly organised, need a new GK of course. Some wont be able to step up and will be toast. :twisted:

Hope for Anchelotti or Conte, both all round experience managing in the PL and around Europe.

I understand your line of thought, but I would suggest that in some ways this would be the perfect time for PV4 - this is a poor squad that will need a massive overhaul and that might suit a younger manager intent on bringing in his own men. If this was a strong winning squad then maybe putting in a PV4 type of manager wouldnt work, partially because of a loyalty to the previous manager that had brought them success - the next manager wont have that problem and will be taking over a squad low on quality and with wilshere about to leave and ramsey 12 months away from maybe leaving too. This is going to be a major job and maybe an experienced manager (like ancellotti) wouldnt have the patience to join a rebuilding club

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Ancelotti 1. A winner in the Prem
2. 3 x CL winner
3. Experience of managing in England

No way would i have Arteta Henry or PV4

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Allegri for me.
As much as I would love to see Simeone take over I think he would be too divisive and the board would not tolerate him for too long.
Unfortunately I think we may end up with Henry... a great player he may of been but as manager... No thanks!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:41 am
At long, long, long last, we have finally get rid of the arrogant senile c.unt, so the question is now who does each of us want as our next manager - I know that we already have a thread on this but I wanted to put it into a Poll Format for more clarity. I am only allowed to list 10 options so I have lost the likes of simeone (unrealistic), Loew and eddie howe (unlikely) and henry (surely not).

One pick only, although maybe in your post you could say who you think will actually get the job
FFS how many new manager threads saying the same shit do we need? :banghead:

OK dildo-features I'll roll the other new manager thread into his one to save your poll. I'm on a phone on a packed train so if it goes tits up that's tough shit. :lol: :wink:

Next new manager thread is getting deleted.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Allegri has been my choice for some time although I'm not confident the board agree with me.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Simeone or Allegri would be fantastic. Please not Rodgers or Arteta. The rest would be acceptable.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:34 pm
Please not Rodgers or Arteta. The rest would be acceptable.
I haven't been 30 yrs in football but I fail to see why either of those two would be considered as our next manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just not Brendan Fucking Rodgers please. :banghead:

RobG

Post by RobG »

No votes so far for Rogers, Artetta or PV4. Thank goodness for that. :barscarf:

For me it has to be either Ancelotti - vast experience, knows the Prem' , won the Prem' and just about all of the rest - would oversee the restructuring we need.

Failing that and opting for someone younger, the ex Barca guy Luiz Enrique seems a sound bet.

Wild card - and I am serious :shock: - Sean Dyche who I like and rate. But it won't be him. 8)

Ancelotti is the safe call.

augie

Post by augie »

The bookies odds on PV4 getting the job are now out to 5/1 :shock: :shock:

Rodgers new favourite at 3/1 :banghead: :banghead:

Have to say that luis Enrique would be every bit as poor a choice as Rodgers - we need to get away from tippy tappy shite football, not bring in another advocate of it :roll: It amuses me when I see or hear some pundits and fans talking about the need to bring in a total football type of manager in keeping with the traditions of the club - our club was built on serious, gutsy football that had a tendency to be boring at times, so can we please dispense of this beautiful football job requirement ? :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:25 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:41 am
At long, long, long last, we have finally get rid of the arrogant senile c.unt, so the question is now who does each of us want as our next manager - I know that we already have a thread on this but I wanted to put it into a Poll Format for more clarity. I am only allowed to list 10 options so I have lost the likes of simeone (unrealistic), Loew and eddie howe (unlikely) and henry (surely not).

One pick only, although maybe in your post you could say who you think will actually get the job
FFS how many new manager threads saying the same shit do we need? :banghead:

OK dildo-features I'll roll the other new manager thread into his one to save your poll. I'm on a phone on a packed train so if it goes tits up that's tough shit
. :lol: :wink:

Next new manager thread is getting deleted.

Maybe you should tell all our lovely members here that you and the other lazy dumb ass Irish civil servants are now seeking to have shorter working weeks - if that happens I am gonna throw up new duplicate threads all over the place cos you will have that extra time to do mod work :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: