AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by wilko49er »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:07 pm
I didn't really understand why we didn't keep pinging balls into the box. They were struggling with Welbeck, Lacazette and Ramsey in the area. Instead, let's keep Welbeck out wide, who did nothing, but throw himself on the ground over and over. We could have done anything, change formation, and Madrid would have played the same.

At 1-0, they would have to had come at us in Madrid. Now they can sit back and watch as we ping the ball back and forth.

All I can say is thank God this is his last year.
Because tick tacky didnt work. Classic 10 man set up set up a defensive wall. Hit on the break. It was inevitible. However if were a man down. It would be 0-4 at least. Bunch of fucking melts.
:censored:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

They've only conceded 4 goals at home in the league this season! Tie over. Goodnight Wenger, sleep well. Roll on August.

Paulio

Post by Paulio »

Havent been this pissed off after a game in years. Should have been heading to madrid with at least a two goal lead.

Raging at welbeck and koscielny. The sooner a new manager comes and clears that squad out thd better.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonertux wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:16 pm
They've only conceded 4 goals at home in the league this season! Tie over. Goodnight Wenger, sleep well. Roll on August.
And we'll be out of the CL next season, I wonder what Enrique think about that and our transfer budget of £50M or less which is inevitable with wiggy counting the pennies?. Time to turn to the backup plan... step forward Brendan Rodgers.. or Arteta.

:banghead: :banghead:
Last edited by sk-gtfo on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I feel a little sorry for our players tonight (apart from weak as piss, thicko Kosicelny... oh and Welbeck for his shit dive that put us in trouble :roll: )

We played so well. Great energy, won the ball back quickly and tried our best to find ways through against a very good defensive unit. Clearly we should have scored more; especially when we had them on the racks in the first 20mins, but that smash and grab goal changes everything.

A defensive calamity in Wenger's final home European game seems very fitting though. It's in Wenger's Arsenal DNA and the sooner he's gone, the better.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

So Man utd this weekend. Fuck knows what the line up will be. Then this lot next week. Great week in the Wenger dynasty coming up Lads. :barscarf: :banghead: :censored:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:13 pm
I always look at the bench in terms of strength, Wengers bench has to be the weakest I have seen for over 10 years :cussing:

If Aubameyang and mkhitaryan were in the squad, it would look a little better but yeah, no defenders on the bench (or in the starting XI :shock: ) know how to defend.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I hope we go out...Wenger does NOT deserve a grand send off. This is the team HE built and as has been said so many times tonight, had we gone down to 10, we would have been reamed (remember Bayern??)

Wenger winning the Europa will perpetuate the myth surrounding him and extend his presence hovering over the club and new manager for another 2 or 3 years. He lived by this crap team that he assembled and now he can die by it.

This is a man who inherited the best back 5 in the world and is leaving us with one of the worst. Ramsey, Xhaka, Kos & Ramsey, my first four out the door. Kos and Mustafi have a comedy doubles act they can take on the road...let them.

Listening to TOF now, not one mention of the fact that we were playing against 10 men, after the two Bayern games it's ALL he talked about. And again no mention of the shambolic defending, instead highlighting their fantastic attacking force??? (One lone striker against 3 defenders)

Two more months and then maybe I can start caring again.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:25 pm
I hope we go out...Wenger does NOT deserve a grand send off. This is the team HE built and as has been said so many times tonight, had we gone down to 10, we would have been reamed (remember Bayern??)

Wenger winning the Europa will perpetuate the myth surrounding him and extend his presence hovering over the club and new manager for another 2 or 3 years. He lived by this crap team that he assembled and now he can die by it.

This is a man who inherited the best back 5 in the world and is leaving us with one of the worst. Ramsey, Xhaka, Kos & Ramsey, my first four out the door. Kos and Mustafi have a comedy doubles act they can take on the road...let them.

Listening to TOF now, not one mention of the fact that we were playing against 10 men, after the two Bayern games it's ALL he talked about. And again no mention of the shambolic defending, instead highlighting their fantastic attacking force??? (One lone striker against 3 defenders)

absolute classic line fella......This is a man who inherited the best back 5 in the world and is leaving us with one of the worst.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

xisstential wrote:

You're obsessed mate. Wenger's off and you still want us to lose a european semi final. It beggars belief. :?

Take your head out of Arsene's arse, he's toast. Forget him and move on.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Long time since I had any feelings after an Arsenal game and to be honest I feel gutted...What a calamity of a goal to give away right from Welbeck's pathetic dive .But it's Arsenal so it was always going to happen I suppose..
Heard the commentator spout some rubbish about the players upping their game to give Wenger a trophy to end his time at Arsenal..Maybe upping their game because they know the easy ride is about to end is more likely.
Can't be any optimism for the second leg can there. ?

blair207

Post by blair207 »

No there can be no optimism for next week. This tie sums up Wengers tenure a golden opportunity wasted. The ref put them down to 10 men and we shot ourselves in the foot. Wenger is lucky, if they had 11 men the tie would be over now.

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
I hope we go out...Wenger does NOT deserve a grand send off.
You know me and I have exactly the same opinion towards Wenger.

He is leaving anyway so it doesn't matter if we win it or not. For The Arsenal i would love to win it.
Unfortunately Wenger will always be remembered for the good years rather than the sh*t we had to put up with for the last 10 years.
Last edited by NickF on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm actually looking forward to the away leg, we'll really get to see exactly how much efforts the lads want to put in for their out going deity :rubchin:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wilko49er wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:54 pm
Koscielny the fucktard that keeps on giving :banghead:
I was right behind the goal - biggest fault lies with Mustafi from what I saw.