Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

Gunner Rob

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allegri still favourite.
money continuing to come for Arteta - now 3/1 second favourite

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am
oh no Please dont tell me Arteta will get it :?

Daily Mirror saying today that the club have it narrowed down to a 5 man shortlist (take your time lads :roll: ) after dropping luis enrique - nagelsmann, jardim, PV4, allegri and arteta, and I too fear that they will go with arteta :banghead:
WHAT!!!¬? :shock: Enrique is no longer in the running?? :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If they FUCKTHISUP - then Gazidis will answer.

They know exactly what is needed and if they go 'cheap' and aim low - then it will take even more years to re-build the team/club...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
What would you have said in 96 when we appointed Wenger or Graham (true legend) when we were looking at Bobby Robson or Venables ?

Jardim for example has a very good reputation and plays exciting football ,also has built very good defences, Naglesman has Punched above his weight as well in the Bundesliga some of the 'great' managers have to start somewhere and do you really think Arteta is just a cone man at Barcelona , pep rates him very highly and Pochettino was fighting with him for his siganature.

There is no guarantee a big name will bring us success but what is certain is this team will improve under any half decent coach compared to what we have now.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Simeone or Allegri. or anyone in that mold that can hopefully drive out the posh twats and hipsters that seem to dominate our fanbase.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Blimey the names being mentioned here...Simeone, Enriqe, Allegri.....in my opinion it won't happen

Ok know the salary is around £9 million a year least thats what Wenger was on, these fuckers are already rich

But seriously what established top manager will want this job.... would be a career breaker

They are a fucking laughing stock....squad is shambles...what is the budget?

Realistically will be Viera or Arteta or someone of that calibre....untried at top level basically

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am
oh no Please dont tell me Arteta will get it :?

Daily Mirror saying today that the club have it narrowed down to a 5 man shortlist (take your time lads :roll: ) after dropping luis enrique - nagelsmann, jardim, PV4, allegri and arteta, and I too fear that they will go with arteta :banghead:
WHAT!!!¬? :shock: Enrique is no longer in the running?? :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If they FUCKTHISUP - then Gazidis will answer.

They know exactly what is needed and if they go 'cheap' and aim low - then it will take even more years to re-build the team/club...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
What would you have said in 96 when we appointed Wenger or Graham (true legend) when we were looking at Bobby Robson or Venables ?

Jardim for example has a very good reputation and plays exciting football ,also has built very good defences, Naglesman has Punched above his weight as well in the Bundesliga some of the 'great' managers have to start somewhere and do you really think Arteta is just a cone man at Barcelona , pep rates him very highly and Pochettino was fighting with him for his siganature.

There is no guarantee a big name will bring us success but what is certain is this team will improve under any half decent coach compared to what we have now.
I would take jardin in a heartbeat - Great coach/man manager - and doesn't suffer fools nor snowflakes gladly.

I would also happily accept anyone who WILL succeed, in some ways if the person is relatively un-tried nor Tested then fine - As long as they turn things around - I give any in-coming manager at least 3 seasons - as they will need to not only deal with some serious prima-donna's but sort the wheat from the chaff - and adopt a whole new philosophy and approach to how things are run and done at Arsenal FC.

The reason I hope it is Allegri or Enrique is becaus ethey are both excellent Football Managers/ Coaches - and Allegri (imo) is a tactical genius. And would sort the defence out once and for all - we all know we have excellent front-line /attack - we need a 'spine' GK/CB/DMF....the rest would then fall into place.

End of.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I agree with Jardim would love him at Arsenal, he's my 2nd choice after Allegri

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 am
Blimey the names being mentioned here...Simeone, Enriqe, Allegri.....in my opinion it won't happen

Ok know the salary is around £9 million a year least thats what Wenger was on, these fuckers are already rich

But seriously what established top manager will want this job.... would be a career breaker

Realistically will be Viera or Arteta or someone of that calibre....untried at top level basically
Ill accept Patrick Vieira, but Arteta taking over would be troll level 1000

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

If they want an empty stadium then sign Arteta. He will get no time from the fans because they will already be pissed off.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It really would be an idiotic move to appoint Arteta, I'm sure he has learnt oodles from pepe and in the future may well go on to be a good manager, but right now??? NO!.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 am

The question is who do you want, not who will the fucking idiot board appoint. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think they have already made their choice - or the agreement has been 'agreed' - They know they have to keep it absolutley secret till after the Uddersfield game...then you watch the hints and winks and little leaks start happening....

Allegri

Enrique

Jardin

One of the above.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm
I think they have already made their choice - or the agreement has been 'agreed' - They know they have to keep it absolutley secret till after the Uddersfield game...then you watch the hints and winks and little leaks start happening....

Allegri

Enrique

Jardin

One of the above.

I'm not so convinced that they have made a decision - or know wtf they are doing. The Arsenal board of old under DD and DF etc would have got the appointment wrapped up but this shower of shite.....I'm just not so sure.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:37 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Allegri

Enrique

Jardin

One of the above.

I'm not so convinced that they have made a decision - or know wtf they are doing. The Arsenal board of old under DD and DF etc would have got the appointment wrapped up but this shower of shite.....I'm just not so sure.
Not sure it really helps that Juve still haven't wrapped up the title (assuming Allegri). Maybe something may happen after the title is confirmed.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:45 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:37 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Allegri

Enrique

Jardin

One of the above.

Not sure it really helps that Juve still haven't wrapped up the title (assuming Allegri). Maybe something may happen after the title is confirmed.

That's right, no way will Stan ok the new guy until after Huddersfield and likewise Juve / Allegri will want their season cleared too before any announcements. Still waiting for a sighting of somebody from the club meeting with a prospective manager somewhere where they didn't want to be seen.

bobbybigb

Post by bobbybigb »

Like most on here i have very little confidence in our board although i think that on this occasion they have planned these recent events . I suspect that Wenger was dust very early into this season hence the two backroom appointments to smooth the path and put in place a new structure for next season onwards.
As for our new coach, he has been selected and has probably already been involved in future planning albeit behind closed doors. As to who he is.......i have not got a clue.
Would love Allegri, a tactician and more in the style of the old school disciplinerean type who would take no shit from our overpaid and over indulged under achievers.