The ONLY World Cup thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Lacazette out of French WC squad

Post by northbank123 »

Let’s not paint Giroud as better than he is. He is very average - but useful to have off the bench. Unfortunately we made him undisputed first choice striker for most of his 5 and a half (fucking hell) years here and in that context he’s poor.

DB10GOONER

Re: Lack of Arsenal players going to World Cup.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Already an Arsenal players world cup thread. Merged.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:41 am

I was amazed it took you so long :lol: :lol: :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morata-m ... vdcy84ea2l

Monreal is in Spain's final squad for the World Cup.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 pm
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morata-m ... vdcy84ea2l

Monreal is in Spain's final squad for the World Cup.

Wonder what old Hector thinks about TOF now :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:41 am

I was amazed it took you so long :lol: :lol: :lol:
Up to my arse in work. Trying to get an entire government department GDPR compliant before 25th. Working 7 days a week. Really only getting on here during my commute.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Bellend didn't make it what a shame. Perhaps he should knuckle down and work on his football, rather than his fashion or public speaking image.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:30 pm
Bellend didn't make it what a shame. Perhaps he should knuckle down and work on his football, rather than his fashion or public speaking image.
+1
and cut his hair

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:50 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
+1
and cut his hair
And have a fucking kebab.....vegan twat

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Desperately needs a fucking wake-up call.

Nos89

World Cup 2018

Post by Nos89 »

The squads have been announced and it looks like it will be an enjoyable competition. I've done my predictor and I've got Brazil v Spain final. Although, seeing the Spain squad I'm not so sure now so changing it to Germany.
Colombia are dark horses as they were last time but they're better than they were four years ago. If Russia get beyond the group stage then there is something going on in the behind the scenes.
France are stronger now that Koscielny isn't going.
Belgium should absolutely walk it to the final given they've got the strongest squad, but, most of their players have played a full season and will be knackered by the knockout stage, and run out of steam when they face Brazil in the quarter final.
Whilst Egypt have Mo Salah, they also have Elneny to counteract anything Salah does.
I've got Brazil to win, if they don't I still think the winner will come from South America.

Riotof91

Re: World Cup 2018

Post by Riotof91 »

Don't see the hype with Brazil, the last two Copa's they've been shit. I would love to Neymar get twatted off the pitch again :barscarf: :lol:

Post by 1989 »

How bloody great is it to start enjoying football again what with us no longer having to deal with the Wenger nightmare and actually knowing we have a modern, ambitious manager about to take over.

I think the Argies will nick it. Messi to come to the fore finally and end all arguments regarding the greatest ever footballer to have existed.

Belgium may have a great squad but don't seem to click in the big tournaments.

Of our players I actually see Elneny having the best World Cup. I reckon he and the rest of the Egypt team will go quite far in the tournament and be the surprise package, led by Salah of course.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:12 am
The squads have been announced and it looks like it will be an enjoyable competition. I've done my predictor and I've got Brazil v Spain final. Although, seeing the Spain squad I'm not so sure now so changing it to Germany.
Colombia are dark horses as they were last time but they're better than they were four years ago. If Russia get beyond the group stage then there is something going on in the behind the scenes.
Belgium should absolutely walk it to the final given they've got the strongest squad, but, most of their players have played a full season and will be knackered by the knockout stage, and run out of steam when they face Brazil in the quarter final.
Whilst Egypt have Mo Salah, they also have Elneny to counteract anything Salah does.
I've got Brazil to win, if they don't I still think the winner will come from South America.
Ffs how many world cup threads do you need to start mate. I'm merging both of your threads into one world cup thread. Keep all the WC stuff in it. Any new ones get deleted.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:54 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:12 am
Ffs how many world cup threads do you need to start mate. I'm merging both of your threads into one world cup thread. Keep all the WC stuff in it. Any new ones get deleted.
miserable f****r