Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Re: Unai Emery

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Let's see what he does. It's different for the first time in 22 years. He will have to hit the ground running. Yeah 6v1 defeat to Barcelona hardly impressive

Post by 1989 »

Hearing Bould will stick around to become the defensive coach under Emery.

Perhaps, he will now actually be allowed to coach the defence? I've long suspected that the French dictator wasn't allowing him a chance to have a proper input with regards to that.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

akbs are a joke.

I don't see Emery staying eight years, I think that time has come and gone. Plus, I don't think it's a bad thing, we now have a structure in place to change managers.

But Emery is coming to a new league and there will be mishaps. Pep was decent at his first season but won nothing and ffs lost to Arsene in the FA Cup. So Emery is going to need at least a year, and with his record he'll deserve it, as long as it's not some first season disaster.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

1989 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 am

Perhaps, he will now actually be allowed to coach the defence? I've long suspected that the French dictator wasn't allowing him a chance to have a proper input with regards to that.
Hope not. Clearout the last remaining part of Wenger's team.I want Emery to bring in his own coaches

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 am
1989 wrote:

Hope not. Clearout the last remaining part of Wenger's team.I want Emery to bring in his own coaches

It won't happen but the best thing Bouldy could do right now is be honest with the fans. If he came out and admitted he was part of the wenker disaster then he goes, if he states he was just the balls and cones man and TOF wouldn't let him near the back four then I would give him a chance if Emery wants him to stay.

Blade

Post by Blade »

He has "attention to details" .Already I like him.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:59 am
Let's see what he does. It's different for the first time in 22 years. He will have to hit the ground running. Yeah 6v1 defeat to Barcelona hardly impressive
Whilst the 6-1 loss wasn't great he did beat them 4-0 at home, so a 6-5 loss, i refuse to remember what our most recent aggregate score against them was but i'm fairly sure it wasn't that good :rubchin:

Post by 1989 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 am
1989 wrote:

I see the value in Bould sticking around. Can be that person who helps Emery settle in and give him a few tips regarding the squad (bit like what Pat Rice was for Wenger when he first joined), and his value becomes even greater if he's able to make a difference to our defence by being allowed to actually coach them.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:34 am

It won't happen but the best thing Bouldy could do right now is be honest with the fans. If he came out and admitted he was part of the wenker disaster then he goes, if he states he was just the balls and cones man and TOF wouldn't let him near the back four then I would give him a chance if Emery wants him to stay.
Not for me. I would get rid, he was happy to be just a "balls and cone man" and take the money whereas he may have been able to do proper coaching elsewhere.

bobbybigb

Post by bobbybigb »

He will bring his own trusted team with him. Steve Bould does not deserve a position in the new order, keeping quiet and taking the coin should not be rewarded.

Post by 1989 »

Emery:

“Fans want their emotions to come to the surface,” he says. “How? By their team transmitting intensity, attacking, scoring goals, competing, winning. That awakens them. You have to win. You have to generate ilusión.”

“Football is emotion. There’s an economic [imperative] but what fans really want is to enjoy their team. If you have money but don’t generate feeling, it’s worthless. You play the Champions League but get knocked out in the group, losing all your games, and [the fan says:] ‘Sure, you’ve made €20m, but that means nothing to me.’”

Thought it was all about finishing in the top 4, or so we was told by Le Fraud. :roll:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Bould! get rid off!! Useless bench warmer remnant, of the deposed emporers evil empire. :censored:

laughinggooner2

Post by laughinggooner2 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:56 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:59 am
Whilst the 6-1 loss wasn't great he did beat them 4-0 at home, so a 6-5 loss, i refuse to remember what our most recent aggregate score against them was but i'm fairly sure it wasn't that good :rubchin:
Aided and abetted by 2 diabolical penalties in favour of the whores....absolutely crooked

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Riotof91 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:25 am
"If you have money but you don’t generate feeling and emotion, it’s worthless. You can be in the Champions League and generate money but if you get knocked out in the group it means nothing to the fans." Emery

Kreonke will be shocked :shock: :lol:

The more I read the more I like this guy :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I am seriously Liking this guy too! :barscarf: :barscarf:

There's only ONE Unai Emery :barscarf: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wilko49er wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:48 am
Bould! get rid off!! Useless bench warmer remnant, of the deposed emporers evil empire. :censored:
:high5: Damn Straight Mate! :high5:

FuckkOFF Bould You are Surplus to requirements. Go be wenger's chaufer or shoe shine !