Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm
augie wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 am
Nothing to do with you being mostly shit for the past few seasons then joe ? :lol: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... cup-squad/
past few ? - longer than that... that's why City loaned him out. if he's not good enough for City and West Ham, then he's not good enough for England.

I'm glad him and the other self entitled tossers are out of the England squad now. Hopefully Southgate is working his way towards making the England Team less of a cocktail bar and more of a football team.

With that squad ?? Houdini himself couldnt make a good team with the players he picked :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 pm
clockender1 wrote:
augie wrote:
Nothing to do with you being mostly shit for the past few seasons then joe ? :lol: :lol:

past few ? - longer than that... that's why City loaned him out. if he's not good enough for City and West Ham, then he's not good enough for England.

I'm glad him and the other self entitled tossers are out of the England squad now. Hopefully Southgate is working his way towards making the England Team less of a cocktail bar and more of a football team.

With that squad ?? Houdini himself couldnt make a good team with the players he picked :roll:
he couldn't do any worse than the previous occupants since Venables - and one win in the last two WC's . pathetic.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:45 pm
augie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 pm
clockender1 wrote:
augie wrote:

he couldn't do any worse than the previous occupants since Venables - and one win in the last two WC's . pathetic.
Oh but he can, he can replicate his stint as u21 manager and finish bottom of his group with 3 L's.
:lol: I think you're under estimating how shit Southgate is.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

What the fuck have Puma done with our new kit? It's different that's for sure,it's a no from me,

(sorry didn't know where to post this)

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

You have to question what the hell has happened to English football. We just aren't producing any good players let alone world class. It's not just up to the FA but academy all over the country. I know Chelsea have huge numbers but just sell them on.
With the money involved now it's crazy the lack of talent England has.

RobG

Post by RobG »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:18 am
What the fuck have Puma done with our new kit? It's different that's for sure,it's a no from me,

(sorry didn't know where to post this)
I have just seen it :shock: :roll: It looks like the players are wearing a red bib. How difficult is it to screw this up ?

Really poor. I can only assume Puma don't want the renewed contact ? :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Devastated doesnt begin to sum up my feelings tonight

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/6381568/ ... ky-sports/

While rodders was yanking his own chain over nat in recent years, thirsty kirsty was the one that floats my boat and a little piece of me died when I seen this news :cry: :cry: Sky are either gonna recruit newer fresher chicks to present on ssn, or we are gonna have to prepare ourselves for the sight of jim white flashing his tits on live tv :shock: :shock: :ewwwww: :puke: :puke:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:44 pm
Devastated doesnt begin to sum up my feelings tonight

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/6381568/ ... ky-sports/

While rodders was yanking his own chain over nat in recent years, thirsty kirsty was the one that floats my boat and a little piece of me died when I seen this news :cry: :cry: Sky are either gonna recruit newer fresher chicks to present on ssn, or we are gonna have to prepare ourselves for the sight of jim white flashing his tits on live tv :shock: :shock: :ewwwww: :puke: :puke:
Well in fairness whenever I see Jim White and any other SlySports presenter on TV I just think "what a fucking pair of tits..." :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Modern fucking fans sending death threats to players and their families on social media, its a fucking game, you lost, your player was shit, get over it.

Actually social media in general and what it is doing to peoples intelligence as a whole but especially the football fan fraternity, some of the bollocks spouted about Wenger since his dismissal is nauseating :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

I hate this thing of players who have to go off injured leaving the pitch in tears.

We saw 2 of them blubbing as they went off in the CL final :roll: . Obviously it is gutting for them but save it for the privacy of the dressing room FFS!
Last edited by Clash on Mon May 28, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

If you're going to show your frustration at going off injured do what the Shrewsbury lad did yesterday in the play off final. Rip your shirt off and knock ten bells out of the side of the tunnel :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Absofuckinglutely. These crying snowflake modern footballers are a fucking embarrassment. Crying like little girls ffs. :oops: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Brian Greenhoff after the 1976 FA Cup Final was the first footballer I can remember crying. The commentator was amazed or even amused to see it.. I remember Alan Ball being distraught after the 1972 Final but maybe he didn't cry..I can understand the feeling but do it in private. Sometimes you see fans crying also, bit of the drama queen in it also..especially when you see them glance at the big screen to see if their emotion is visable to the world.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:19 pm
Brian Greenhoff after the 1976 FA Cup Final was the first footballer I can remember crying. The commentator was amazed or even amused to see it.. I remember Alan Ball being distraught after the 1972 Final but maybe he didn't cry..I can understand the feeling but do it in private. Sometimes you see fans crying also, bit of the drama queen in it also..especially when you see them glance at the big screen to see if their emotion is visable to the world.
I totally get being gutted, shocked etc but winning and losing go hand in hand, every team loses sometimes - even if they should have won (our cup final v Liverpool back in 2001, being a case in point ) to quote Fever Pitch “ you just have to stand there and take it”

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:11 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:19 pm
I totally get being gutted, shocked etc but winning and losing go hand in hand, every team loses sometimes - even if they should have won (our cup final v Liverpool back in 2001, being a case in point ) to quote Fever Pitch “ you just have to stand there and take it”
We live in a social media world where emotions always have to be on display. Emotions are forced for effect. Klopp is a prime example , not saying he doesn't have passion but it is exaggerated.
The cameras scan the crowds looking for a fan crying, even if it is a child they keep the camera on them. In times of tragedy we fall over ourselves to be profound especially on social media.
If i lost a Cup Final I think I would want to get off the pitch immediately. I think i would want to be alone...What can you say or what can be said to you? Going off injured is the same get into a camera free zone.