ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by Allgunsblazin »

1989 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:22 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:23 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:34 pm
PSG Goalkeeping coach incoming.

https://en.onefootball.com/psg-coach-se ... nal-staff/
Shame that, I would have liked Mad Jens to stay at the club. Can’t see there being enough room for two goalkeeping coaches.
Lehmann is not a goalkeeping coach.
This is where we go wrong at Arsenal, sentiment does not come into football, and it costs millions to keep past icons who really offer no intrinsic value to the club...
Wenger used these Sideshow Bobs to deflect the shit off him, the return of Henry blah blah etc etc to name one, mind you Sky are finally giving him the knock on his punditry looks like they suffered from Wengerama too.... :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:37 pm
1989 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

Shame that, I would have liked Mad Jens to stay at the club. Can’t see there being enough room for two goalkeeping coaches.
This is where we go wrong at Arsenal, sentiment does not come into football, and it costs millions to keep past icons who really offer no intrinsic value to the club...
Wenger used these Sideshow Bobs to deflect the shit off him, the return of Henry blah blah etc etc to name one, mind you Sky are finally giving him the knock on his punditry looks like they suffered from Wengerama too.... :lol:

I loved jens as a keeper but I absolutely want the club purged of every single wenger coach, plus I want emery to bring in his own EXPERIENCED coaches - our players have been THE most under coached players in the history of the premier league, and we need coaches who know what they are about both technically and dealing with players. In the last 2 or 3 years I see guys coaching my eldest lad that have recently qualified for uefa A badges or uefa B badges, and I swear to god the c.unts are not fit to tie their own boots :roll: They know all about technical coaching and using those tactic boards, but challenge them on anything that is not written in their text books and they havent got a scooby doo. Jens, henry and arteta are all guys that would have qualified on these courses in recent years and my personal experience tells me that these coaches need proper on the ground experience (and not just a few months either) before I would want them near our under coached pussies

Post by 1989 »

We're linked to Lucas Torreira, the South American Kanté. Plays for Sampdoria. Little terrier of a player.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

This £70m transfer budget is net spend. So, if we get £100m in from sale of players Emery has £170m to spend.
Although, not sure how many players we'd have to sell to raise £100m?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

This £70m transfer budget is net spend. So, if we get £100m in from sale of players Emery has £170m to spend.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 11:18 pm

Probably all of them and we would still be short by about £55m :wink:

Again I know that it will seem that I have an agenda, but I would think that we should be contacting napoli and offer them ozil - ancelotti was a fan of ozil at madrid, and I think that using ozil in an exchange deal for either koulabaly (sp :oops: ) or jorginho would make sense seeing as either napoli player would fill a need for us, and it would rid the club of a high earner that wont suit emery's high pressing play. I realise that napoli wont pay ozil anywhere near £350k per week and that we would have to eat a chunk of his wages, but playing champs league football again would surely be tempting for ozil ? :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
1989 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

I loved jens as a keeper but I absolutely want the club purged of every single wenger coach, plus I want emery to bring in his own EXPERIENCED coaches - our players have been THE most under coached players in the history of the premier league, and we need coaches who know what they are about both technically and dealing with players. In the last 2 or 3 years I see guys coaching my eldest lad that have recently qualified for uefa A badges or uefa B badges, and I swear to god the c.unts are not fit to tie their own boots :roll: They know all about technical coaching and using those tactic boards, but challenge them on anything that is not written in their text books and they havent got a scooby doo. Jens, henry and arteta are all guys that would have qualified on these courses in recent years and my personal experience tells me that these coaches need proper on the ground experience (and not just a few months either) before I would want them near our under coached pussies
Fuck Lehmann. He singlehandedly cost us the CL in 04 and 06 with his ego driven stupid fucking need to live up to the "mad goalkeepers" fucking bullshit. Complete fucking arsehole. :censored:

Agree fully though that the coaches we need have to be experienced and not just badge carriers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am
Nos89 wrote:

Again I know that it will seem that I have an agenda, but I would think that we should be contacting napoli and offer them ozil - ancelotti was a fan of ozil at madrid, and I think that using ozil in an exchange deal for either koulabaly (sp :oops: ) or jorginho would make sense seeing as either napoli player would fill a need for us, and it would rid the club of a high earner that wont suit emery's high pressing play. I realise that napoli wont pay ozil anywhere near £350k per week and that we would have to eat a chunk of his wages, but playing champs league football again would surely be tempting for ozil ? :rubchin:
I'd be loathe to sign anyone from the Italian league tbh. The bedding in time for them in the PL can be too long and some never bed in. Also think it would be incredibly stupid to sell our now best player months after selling our former best player. :roll: A pressing system is all well and fine but you still need someone to create chances and without Ozil we create very little from midfield. I'd like to see how Ozil responds to any new duties the manager MIGHT place upon him first. To sell your best player before the new manager has had a chance to work with him is silly augie.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:11 am
augie wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am
Nos89 wrote:

I'd be loathe to sign anyone from the Italian league tbh. The bedding in time for them in the PL can be too long and some never bed in. Also think it would be incredibly stupid to sell our now best player months after selling our former best player. :roll: A pressing system is all well and fine but you still need someone to create chances and without Ozil we create very little from midfield. I'd like to see how Ozil responds to any new duties the manager MIGHT place upon him first. To sell your best player before the new manager has had a chance to work with him is silly augie.

Who is talking about bangabang ? I'm talking about ozil :wink: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:06 am
augie wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
1989 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Fuck Lehmann. He singlehandedly cost us the CL in 04 and 06 with his ego driven stupid fucking need to live up to the "mad goalkeepers" fucking bullshit. Complete fucking arsehole. :censored:

Agree fully though that the coaches we need have to be experienced and not just badge carriers.

With the greatest of respect, that is bullsh*t - jens made two good saves before being sent off, and the tackle on eto was a genuine attempt to win the ball off eto when he was through one on one. I would suggest that our starting team and formation that day was more about containing the opposition with henry up front on his own - going a goal down early (as we would have if jens didnt foul eto) would have put us in trouble, but with the defence we had that time, setting up to hold a lead was possible.

Anyway if you want to also point the finger at below average al who conceded TWO goals at his near post, or mention henry who missed TWO shocking chances that night, then we might have some ground to agree on 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I want a total and swift Blitzkrieg on this club, rid it of Wengers DNA and his Sideshow Bobs, from Assistant Manager to Kitman...
8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Lehmann was far more at fault in 2004. 100% responsible for conceding the goal in the away leg, with his usual clowning about then after we had recovered to get a draw and were cruising at 1-0 in the second half of the second leg he was 100% responsible for gifting lampard his goal.

We had beaten and frankly outclassed Chelsea 3 times that year already and were much the better side in the tie until that lampard goal.

Anybody ever wondering why the Invincibles weren’t European champions need not look any further. We would have made fucking mincemeat of Monaco and been absolutely overwhelming favourites to beat Porto.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
It’s also misleading cos you don’t play £50m upfront for a player - it’s spread over the contract length.

So, lacazette for example is probably costing us £12m per season over 4 years (or whatever length is contract is)

So If we spend £50m on a top, super quality DM on a 5 year deal, it’s costing us £10m per season.

That still leaves £40m in the budget for other deals (bearing in mind we are still paying off some deals - Mustafi ? Xhaka ? and wages probably need to be taken into account too.

So the whole £50m is far from the truth - but a nice figure for the papers to throw about and create headlines.

Post by 1989 »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Lehmann was far more at fault in 2004. 100% responsible for conceding the goal in the away leg, with his usual clowning about then after we had recovered to get a draw and were cruising at 1-0 in the second half of the second leg he was 100% responsible for gifting lampard his goal.

We had beaten and frankly outclassed Chelsea 3 times that year already and were much the better side in the tie until that lampard goal.

Anybody ever wondering why the Invincibles weren’t European champions need not look any further. We would have made fucking mincemeat of Monaco and been absolutely overwhelming favourites to beat Porto.
Mourinho would have tactically raped Wenger in the final though.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

The fact that transfer fees get spread over the length of contract makes it more baffling as to why Wenger ignored key areas for so long.

Was there really a need to play Almunia for so long or buy Arteta as an attacking mid & try to make him a defensive one when they could have easily gone out and bought more suited players for those roles?

We are now suffering as a result of such arrogance and negligence, the club really let the squad go to shit while we were in the CL, now we're out of it, it's very hard to get the players in we want.