ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:36 am
We have somehow fortuitously fallen into a situation where we have a class CF who will score goals for fun.

One of the biggest decisions for Emery is whether he thinks Lacazette or Ozil are a better fit alongside Aubameyang. Because we can’t crowbar in both.

Personally I’ve seen little in Lacazette to excite me. The chairmen of Ligue 1 must be crying into their pillows that Wenger won’t be throwing fistfuls of cash at them for the likes of him any more.

I felt that he did well when he came back after injury, and finished the season strongly. I would def support/want a formation that has him and bangabang up top in a two man strike force

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Considering it's only June I'm very happy with the business we've done so far. Sokratis and Lichsteiner will help shore up that shower of shit at the back. We still need another centreback though (probably end up being Soyuncu). Adli looks like a brilliant youth signing that could have a Fabregas like impact on the first team. Come the end of the month I expect to see Mislintat sort out our defensive midfielder and goalkeeper situations.

RobG

Post by RobG »

In fairness, Lacazette came through his barren patch and picked up again.

All things considered, we swapped Walnut and the Ox for Lacazette and got a bit of change as well. That's a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. Was sorry to see Ox go as I felt he had much more to give. But getting £20 million for Walcott was more than just good going. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When Wenger was still in charge - 99.9% of us were moaning about how we would take anyone (almost) instead just to get shot of the cun.t and now he's gone and we have what for me looks like a very positive signing in a good manager, along with a total clear out of all those back-room staff who had been riding the wenger gravy train for nigh on ten years, also signings are being made to try and shore-up the shyte defence (our greatest weakness for years) and still there are those moaning and whinging... :roll:

We need to give him 3 years at least. Personally I think he will turn things around quicker than I thought it might take, having been plagued by the disease that was wenger & co.

I'm sure he will ship the deadwood players, and maybe give a short time opportunity to those who were shyte under wenger, to see if they improve and if not, then off they'll go.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 am
When Wenger was still in charge - 99.9% of us were moaning about how we would take anyone (almost) instead just to get shot of the cun.t and now he's gone and we have what for me looks like a very positive signing in a good manager, along with a total clear out of all those back-room staff who had been riding the wenger gravy train for nigh on ten years, also signings are being made to try and shore-up the shyte defence (our greatest weakness for years) and still there are those moaning and whinging... :roll:

We need to give him 3 years at least. Personally I think he will turn things around quicker than I thought it might take, having been plagued by the disease that was wenger & co.

I'm sure he will ship the deadwood players, and maybe give a short time opportunity to those who were shyte under wenger, to see if they improve and if not, then off they'll go.
Yes agree with all this.

Ozil will be the most interesting player to see if Emery can get more out of him and challenge him to be more consistent,Ozil without a doubt knew he could get away with murder under Wenger getting Ozil to press well that won't happen regularly but think back to games like the home NLD and Ozil really upped his workrate and helped us control the game.

Think Sanchez would of thrived under Emery.

I am looking forward to the new season and I hope the new man gets a chance to really try and get the squad focused and under no circumstances will be left with the consistent message that the lethargy under the old manager won't be accepted,if you don't buy into it feel free to leave.By that I mean any player.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 am

I agree too.I think we all need to have faith in Emery and any signings made until he/they are proved to be not up to the job (which hopefully wont happen) I am just happy to be able to look forward with some kind of hope for once and now the endless cycle has been broken, it should be much easier to move on anyone who proves not up to the job ,be it manager or player.

augie

Post by augie »

Ozil SHOULD be one of the first out the door imo - I dont think that he will suit the new gameplan but regardless of that, he is the player that we can sell to generate funds to boost a meagre transfer kitty. I think that, if used well, the money brought in for selling him would bring in enough to bring in two good players (not top quality of course) that will make the team and squad more rounded - I'm not saying that to be critical of ozil per se, but in the same way I am dismissing any idea of buying a striker or winger, I think that we have too many needs in the team and without filling them we wont get the best out of ozil, but without selling ozil we wont have enough to fill those needs :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

RobG wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:55 pm

All things considered, we swapped Walnut and the Ox for Lacazette and got a bit of change as well. That's a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. Was sorry to see Ox go as I felt he had much more to give. But getting £20 million for Walcott was more than just good going. 8)
Really?

Walcott scored 18 goals in 23 starts in his last season at one point so I don't think we've upgraded, we've gone backwards and it showed by our league position.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:03 pm
RobG wrote:

Really?

Walcott scored 18 goals in 23 starts in his last season at one point so I don't think we've upgraded, we've gone backwards and it showed by our league position.
lacazette will easily show he's a fair better player than walcott.

markyp

Post by markyp »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:31 pm
RobG wrote:

Really?

I doubt that very much,for all of walnuts faults and there were plenty he did score goals and quite a few,i think lacazette is plain shit,he offers very little,he looks the part but is very ineffective as a CF

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

I think we need to hold back on analysing Lacazette, Aubameyang, Mhikitaryan until we see what Emery does with them both formation wise and tactically. Remember, they all came to a club that was sleepwalking to a slow death under the old regime. I think all 3 could be pretty good if played correctly. Looking forward to a new season for the first time in 6 or 7 years.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
RobG wrote:

Really?

Wally was basically shit throughout his time with us, and I cannot understand how some people STILL look at him through rose tinted glasses :roll: :oops:

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:49 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
RobG wrote:

Really?

[/q

Wally was basically shit throughout his time with us, and I cannot understand how some people STILL look at him through rose tinted glasses :roll: :oops:
Last edited by markyp on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
RobG wrote:

Really?

because augie you cant disagree with his goal scoring stats tbf

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

markyp wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:20 pm
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
RobG wrote:

Really?

because augie you cant disagree with his goal scoring stats tbf
68 goals in 12 years is pretty average