ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
widsy1984

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by widsy1984 »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am
widsy1984 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:18 pm
With a lack of left wing attacking options and Alex Iwobi not exactly setting the world alight in that spot, do you think arsenal have missed a trick by not challenging Roma for Justin Kluivert considering he is set to sign for them for just £15 million pounds?

Surely Sven must have had an eye out for him as one of the most talented young wingers in the world? Blessed with pace & trickery and a level-headed professional I'm surprised Wenger never made a bid for him.
Think we're after Gelson Martins mate.

Welcome aboard. Don't be discouraged by the miserable bastards on here.
Yeh I'm not too confident on these players actually cancelling these contracts particularly with the president reportedly (Skysports) willing to resign to save them from leaving but if he gets re-elected then they have to fulfil their contracts and I just can't see us stumping up the £50 odd million euros its gonna take to get him, even though we have the money available (£50 million my arse!)

Cheers mate, season ain't started yet & transfer window is open so there's nothing to moan about really except the new kits lol :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

It seems that this uruguaian midfielder that we are linked with (and is meant to be top class) is only worthy of being a sub for his country

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:33 pm
It seems that this uruguaian midfielder that we are linked with (and is meant to be top class) is only worthy of being a sub for his country
yeah I thought that but it means nothing, ray parlour didn't even make the 2002 squad yet was arguably one of the top midfielders in the country that season

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
:D They have a very experienced midfield

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 pm
augie wrote:
yeah I thought that but it means nothing, ray parlour didn't even make the 2002 squad yet was arguably one of the top midfielders in the country that season

Methinks you could be glossing that up slightly there - parlour was a hard worker with a great team ethic, but he was never the top midfielder in our club much less one of the top midfielders in the country

Midz

Post by Midz »

All the rumours flying around are far more interesting than in previous windows and we're all excited about the coming season but as yet we've still only signed a freebie from Juve and no one has departed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:13 pm
All the rumours flying around are far more interesting than in previous windows and we're all excited about the coming season but as yet we've still only signed a freebie from Juve and no one has departed.
Yes, that is quite concerning. Maybe Emery wants to check them all out for himself before he gets shot, but wasn't there something about him impressing at his interview with his in-depth knowledge of all the players? I can understand him wanting to see if he can get a better tune out of the out-field players, especially the one's who have been awful like Mustafi, Zhaka, Iwobi, Wellbeck and Bellerin, but the fact they've given Pete the plank the No1 shirt is wrong as they need to get shot of him asap, as no amount of decent GK coaching is going to improve him to the point where he is good enough to be our No 1.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Breaking news on sky Xhaka has signed a new long term contract

Post by 1989 »

Dick will sort Xhaka out.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:38 pm
He must see something in him, fucked if I can

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me of you fool me twice.

Can’t believe we’ve fallen for that Swiss fucking turd again. The guy is an absolute liability not to mention total dog shit.

Disappointing.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:02 pm
1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:38 pm
He must see something in him, fucked if I can
I saw a stats table on Sky the other day and unbelievably he was 2nd in Europe for passing accuracy or passing sideways or something meaningless like that. I am quite happy for Dick to prove me wrong with any of our more dubious signings but I think Xhaka is definitely one of the more unlikely candidates.

MrT

Post by MrT »

Think we are beginning to understand why Tuchel and Mslintwat fell out.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fucking ridiculous. Even if you can instill some discipline into him and make him read the most obvious of danger signals, what are you left with?

Xhaka isn't some maverick who could be brilliant if he cut out the mistakes and daydreaming. He is a completely and totally average midfielder who has no pace, average technical ability, little creativity and who invariably is left to watch the pace and quality of the game pass him by against really good sides.

What does anybody see in him - seriously?

Midz

Post by Midz »

A lot of people here wanted shot of Ramsey a while back and yet our new boss considers him to be an important player for us.
The proof will be when the new season gets going or rather 6 months into it.
I do hope Emery can make us more watchable, only time will tell.