ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

Dick out!!!! 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I reserve the right to judge Dick et al next May or even this August if necessary, however i am growing more concerned, keeping Xhaka worries me because he has shown nothing except consistently being fit to play for us yet a new contract indicates the Manager is willing to work with him and therefore presumably thinks he can improve him, fuck knows how....... :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

After Wenger got sacked my hopes turned towards getting rid of Cech, Mustafi and Xhaka - the tri-axis of shite - this summer.

Instead, the geriatric chav in a scrum cap has been given the number 1 jersey and the Swiss turd has just signed a new contract. All that’s left now is to announce that Mustafi is to be given the arm band next season for the shit show to be complete.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:55 am
After Wenger got sacked my hopes turned towards getting rid of Cech, Mustafi and Xhaka - the tri-axis of shite - this summer.

Instead, the geriatric chav in a scrum cap has been given the number 1 jersey and the Swiss turd has just signed a new contract. All that’s left now is to announce that Mustafi is to be given the arm band next season for the shit show to be complete.

Have to say that the cech situation is worrying me a lot too - I was shocked when they gave him the number 1 jersey but after a few days I calmed down thinking that numbers mean fcuk all these days, but all reports lately suggest that leno is being brought in to back-up cech, and that goes way beyond ridiculous :roll: :evil: :evil:

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

i dont think any arsenal fan will be happy if cech starts the season as our keeper, as for mustafi :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Let’s be honest, if Cech starts the first couple of games, that should be it for the season!! He’ll probably end up our ‘cup’ goalkeeper, the new Ospina!!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gazzetta dello Sport say Napoli could make a move to sign Petr Cech on loan. #Arsenal https://t.co/gO5wIs9RFg

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:07 am
Gazzetta dello Sport say Napoli could make a move to sign Petr Cech on loan. #Arsenal https://t.co/gO5wIs9RFg
They can FO, not that I rate Cech so much but what is the point of a 35yr old going on loan?, sell him or don't.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

This needs to be sorted out properly by the club and quickly. The keeper is a position where you can invest wisely for the long term and if it takes a bit of cash then so be it. The longevity and certainty that a top class keeper can offer you is without doubt. Pat Jennings, John Lukic and Dave Seaman took us from 1977 to 2003 and I can honestly say that during that period I never had the sort of cause for concern we have had in recent years. We need to stop fucking about and go spend some serious money on a keeper otherwise this position will continue to be an issue.

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) Tweeted:
EXCLUSIVE: Jack Wilshere to leave Arsenal this summer after fresh twist in saga | @johncrossmirror https://t.co/m5rjfmAVA1 https://t.co/Wcceb2DMJz https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/stat ... 37408?s=17

markyp

Post by markyp »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:28 am
I reserve the right to judge Dick et al next May or even this August if necessary, however i am growing more concerned, keeping Xhaka worries me because he has shown nothing except consistently being fit to play for us yet a new contract indicates the Manager is willing to work with him and therefore presumably thinks he can improve him, fuck knows how....... :rubchin:
the new contract for xhaka is a wory but it seems now that xhaka was never a DM,another wenger square peg in a round hole,under emery he will clearly be deployed in his correct position further forward so we may well see a totally different player,lets hope so anyway

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

markyp wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:04 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:28 am
the new contract for xhaka is a wory but it seems now that xhaka was never a DM,another wenger square peg in a round hole,under emery he will clearly be deployed in his correct position further forward so we may well see a totally different player,lets hope so anyway
That'll be one of those miracle thingies that the religious people go on about.....bring it on :barscarf: :lol:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Have we signed anyone yet (i.e. paid some actual fucking mula)? :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:47 pm
Have we signed anyone yet (i.e. paid some actual fucking mula)? :barscarf:
Yup, we signed Lichsteiner :barscarf: :lol:

No money involved but I think he may well end up playing more than we initially thought....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -football/

:rubchin:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Arsenal have fought off all their rivals to land Torreira.

He has a £22million release clause which would have to be paid in full up front. But the Gunners were unwilling to pay such a lump sum in one go — and in the past would have used this as an excuse to pull the plug on the deal.

However, on this occasion, they structured a deal which saw them pay an extra £4m, but in various instalments, ensuring they got their man.

------------------------

Err have we actually signed him yet?, don't think its official, also why can't we pay £22M in one go?, is Kroenke that f*cking tight?, yes he probably is.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt