ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 am
Sport Express, in Russia, claim #Arsenal will soon make an offer for Golovin after Unai Emery approved the transfer. https://t.co/DvnmlTBAPz

Impressed against us in the europa league but if we aint selling an attacking midfielder or two, do we need him ? :?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sport Express, in Russia, claim #Arsenal will soon make an offer for Golovin after Unai Emery approved the transfer. https://t.co/DvnmlTBAPz

Impressed against us in the europa league but if we aint selling an attacking midfielder or two, do we need him ? :?
Maybe Iwobi is on the way out , we have lost Wilshire and Santi so our only creative midfielder is Ozil really? Lot of big clubs after him though so we may struggle anyway.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Not surprisingly there are strong links to Éver Banega due to the Emery connection. Only a €20m release clause and would be a great addition to our midfield with both Cazorla and Wilshere gone.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:45 pm
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Maybe Iwobi is on the way out , we have lost Wilshire and Santi so our only creative midfielder is Ozil really? Lot of big clubs after him though so we may struggle anyway.

I'd sell ozil AND iwobi albeit for different reasons. I dont think that I would feel comfortable instilling a young golovin as our chief creator though

augie

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 pm
Not surprisingly there are strong links to Éver Banega due to the Emery connection. Only a €20m release clause and would be a great addition to our midfield with both Cazorla and Wilshere gone.

I think that he is bang average tbh - nzonzi would be a much better buy but the price tag seems a bit high given his age

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:34 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

I think that he is bang average tbh - nzonzi would be a much better buy but the price tag seems a bit high given his age
To replace Wilshere/Cazorla I'd be completely for it. I think Maitland-Niles will be looked at by Emery to play that Nzonzi role.

Post by 1989 »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:45 pm
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Mkhitaryan.

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:49 am
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Looking forward to him ‘beefing’ up our midfield!! :barscarf:
Let's hope he doesn't make a hash of it :D
Had to let that joke stew a bit before I got it... :D
Did you? You've gotta be kidney me... :oops:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Stop pudding all these offal jokes on here!! 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All of these sound like a recipe for disaster. :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

A lot of dosh for a 30 year old, but even at that price I would sign him ahead of banega who is a journeyman footballer imo

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ainggolan/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Where is the new Brian Marwood? He must be out there somewhere 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has made a personal call to Sevilla's Argentine midfielder Ever Banega in an attempt to convince the 29-year-old to join the club. (Estadio Deportivo, via Mirror)

MrT

Post by MrT »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:53 am
A lot of dosh for a 30 year old, but even at that price I would sign him ahead of banega who is a journeyman footballer imo

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ainggolan/
If it's between signing someone as good as Banega or having El Neny stink up the place, it's an obvious choice.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:43 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has made a personal call to Sevilla's Argentine midfielder Ever Banega in an attempt to convince the 29-year-old to join the club. (Estadio Deportivo, via Mirror)
Was it Demis Rousoss that sang for ever and ever and ever I”ll beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your love ?
Can see that making a big hit among the selfie taking, iPad holding, latte sipping, half and half scarf waving, flat cap wearing, snowflakes at the Emirates next season :barscarf: