The ONLY World Cup thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: The ONLY World Cup thread (merged)

Post by SydneyGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:53 pm
Unbefuckinglievable

augie

Post by augie »

I cannot fcuking believe what I am seeing in the germany game :lol: :lol: :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

This Korean keeper has an absolute blinder.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:54 pm
"Yesterday's men"......as the camera pans onto number 10.
Good for us.

MrT

Post by MrT »

While it is unfair to single him out on this occasion, we are stuck with one of the worst offenders.

Ozil fanboys will be crying themselves to sleep tonight.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm
I cannot fcuking believe what I am seeing in the germany game :lol: :lol: :lol:
VAR has come of age...two correct decisions prove it , despite difficulties, is the way to go.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Just caught the BBC commentary from 87mins - absolutely hilarious!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Sane right now.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44630841

Oh How I laughed OUT FUCKINGG LOUD! :coffeespit: . :coffeespit: . :coffeespit: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:11 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:52 pm
I said a few days ago that germany wont win the world cup cos they dont have a quality striker - someone tried to tell me that werner is a top quality striker :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah because one quiet game means you're shite.
Muller, Reus etc must be shite too then. Not to mention Messi who bottled a penalty, what a shite player that bloke is.

Is it still too early to judge werner then buddy ? :wink: Three games = Zero goals :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yo! Boss errrmmm looks like we are out of the World Cup.

:rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Germany were just as bad as they were in the first two games. Frankly they are lucky to end up with 3 points.

I said to people at work that Neuer wouldn't be able to resist fucking around and marauding up the pitch with about 10 minutes left like he usually does. Fucking attention-seeking prick.

They played at a snail's pace in all three games, didn't create much and looked ropey at the back from the first minute to the last. They couldn't change things and relied on everything crawling through Kroos, Ozil etc in the middle of the pitch. The only bloke who looked like offering them anything different was Brandt who caused a bit of havoc by skinning players when he came on against Mexico for 4 minutes and created two great chances. What was his reward? 3 minutes against Sweden and 12 minutes today. Doesn't make a difference that they didn't take Sane as he would have watched on as Ozil, Kroos and Muller sauntered about for 90 minutes and Neuer danced around 80 metres out of position.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:19 pm
Germany were just as bad as they were in the first two games. Frankly they are lucky to end up with 3 points.

I said to people at work that Neuer wouldn't be able to resist fucking around and marauding up the pitch with about 10 minutes left like he usually does. Fucking attention-seeking prick.

They played at a snail's pace in all three games, didn't create much and looked ropey at the back from the first minute to the last. They couldn't change things and relied on everything crawling through Kroos, Ozil etc in the middle of the pitch. The only bloke who looked like offering them anything different was Brandt who caused a bit of havoc by skinning players when he came on against Mexico for 4 minutes and created two great chances. What was his reward? 3 minutes against Sweden and 12 minutes today. Doesn't make a difference that they didn't take Sane as he would have watched on as Ozil, Kroos and Muller sauntered about for 90 minutes and Neuer danced around 80 metres out of position.

That was the baffler for me too - low left sane out (correctly imo) for brandt, and when he came on in the first game he looked really threatening but didnt start the second game, and when he came on in that game he looked really threatening but he still didnt start today :shock: :shock:
At his peak muller had no/minimal pace but he compensated with workrate and positioning - now that his legs are completely gone he is no longer able to work as hard, and as a result cant get into those right positions and was a total liability throughout.
Ozil's lack of contribution is a story that we have witnessed first hand on far too many occasions :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Die Mannschaft'd by Son.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Sad to see Serbia out, can't stand cunting Brazil or their arrogant fans... They look to have a pretty easy path to the final.