ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 pm
1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 am
Sven Mislintat joined in December 2017 and so far has signed the following:

Mavropanos
Aubameyang
Mkhitaryan
Leno
Sokratis
Lichtsteiner
Torreira
Guendouzi

Immense.
yeah, i think we are done now. the rest is up to Dick and his coaching and man management.

what we've witnessed shows that the modern approach of splitting the managers duties three ways works - and we have to give some credit to Gazidis foe enforcing that change on the club even while the ex manager was there.

which means to me, whether Dick succeeds or fails that this pace of business is how we will operate going forwards.

I would say that there are one or two caveats to that statement though -

1. If we manage to sell some of the deadwood for decent money, there is a possibility that this money will also be re-invested in the squad. This will be especially true IF ramsey doesnt sign a deal, cos a replacement for him will surely be brought in then.

2. This is the real dark horse possibility for me - if gelson martens is available on a free having cancelled his contract, then he could well be a player that they target. He is a young wide player who ticks both boxes, and no transfer fee would also be tempting (although the wage budget would surely take a massive hit). Personally from what I seen in the world cup I dont particularly rate him (his first touch and ball retention is horrendous :shock: ), but his circumstances might make him a target having being linked with him for the last couple of months

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Oh yeah, I meant were done buying anyone.

I think he’ll let someone maybe two go before the end of pre-season - likely mustafi.

As to wide players , I reckon he will give youth s chance - it will be interesting to see who he plays there on Saturday so he can get a look at them.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm
clockender1 wrote:
1989 wrote:

Mavropanos
Aubameyang
Mkhitaryan
Leno
Sokratis
Lichtsteiner
Torreira
Guendouzi

Immense.
yeah, i think we are done now. the rest is up to Dick and his coaching and man management.

what we've witnessed shows that the modern approach of splitting the managers duties three ways works - and we have to give some credit to Gazidis foe enforcing that change on the club even while the ex manager was there.

which means to me, whether Dick succeeds or fails that this pace of business is how we will operate going forwards.

1. If we manage to sell some of the deadwood for decent money, there is a possibility that this money will also be re-invested in the squad. This will be especially true IF ramsey doesnt sign a deal, cos a replacement for him will surely be brought in then.

2. This is the real dark horse possibility for me - if gelson martens is available on a free having cancelled his contract, then he could well be a player that they target. He is a young wide player who ticks both boxes, and no transfer fee would also be tempting (although the wage budget would surely take a massive hit). Personally from what I seen in the world cup I dont particularly rate him (his first touch and ball retention is horrendous :shock: ), but his circumstances might make him a target having being linked with him for the last couple of months
Gelson Martins is going to Atletico Madrid.

Midz

Post by Midz »

marvellous!! we sign a new player everyday :barscarf: :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:08 am
wibble wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:35 pm
'more game time for Caz'

Who's Caz?

I agree though, will be interesting to see how we line up next season and what formation we go for
Lacazette
Ah, of course.
I was genuinely confused and wondering if I'd imagined that cazorla left!

MrT

Post by MrT »

augie wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
1989 wrote:

Mavropanos
Aubameyang
Mkhitaryan
Leno
Sokratis
Lichtsteiner
Torreira
Guendouzi

Immense.

Heads up, Gelson Martins is shite.

augie

Post by augie »

MrT wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:41 pm
augie wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
1989 wrote:

Mavropanos
Aubameyang
Mkhitaryan
Leno
Sokratis
Lichtsteiner
Torreira
Guendouzi

Immense.

Heads up, Gelson Martins is shite.

I think that I already alluded to that

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:38 pm
....and we just signed Sam Greenwood from Sunderland. we beat United to his signature.

https://instagram.com/p/BlD6kKzlogA/?ut ... e=ig_embed

although only 16 he played for their U-18's last year for the last part of the season and scored six goals and six assists.

:barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

another signing! fantastic :D

not sure where we'll store all these new players, better get rid of some of the older ones now.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 pm
Midz wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:38 pm
....and we just signed Sam Greenwood from Sunderland. we beat United to his signature.

https://instagram.com/p/BlD6kKzlogA/?ut ... e=ig_embed

although only 16 he played for their U-18's last year for the last part of the season and scored six goals and six assists.

:barscarf:
Let’s hope he is as good as Dan Crowley, who we knicked off Villa a few years ago :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

You will only appreciate him when he is gone :wink:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -ac-milan/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Anyone think Shaqiri might be worth a punt at £13M even as a squad player. He would give us the option of some width and his release clause is peanuts in the scheme of things and it would be funny to nick him away from those cu.nts.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:57 pm
Anyone think Shaqiri might be worth a punt at £13M even as a squad player. He would give us the option of some width and his release clause is peanuts in the scheme of things and it would be funny to nick him away from those cu.nts.

Fat little c.unt wouldnt suit dick's system :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:01 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Fat little c.unt wouldnt suit dick's system :lol: :lol:

That's him gone to Liverpool - deal done apparently. Cheap bit of business.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Cheap at 13m but never going to be good enough for a starting berth at this level. Personally wouldn’t want to carry the tubby prick.