ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
1964 Gunner

Re: Transfers (McD has been at twitter again) merged thread

Post by 1964 Gunner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:54 pm
Sell him - he is either demanding a kings ransom (which he doesn't deserve) or he is fishing for offers to come in from other big clubs :roll:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... sion-talks
sell him or better swop 4 dembele,

augie

Post by augie »

1964 Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:17 pm
augie wrote:
Sell him - he is either demanding a kings ransom (which he doesn't deserve) or he is fishing for offers to come in from other big clubs :roll:

I suggested that possibility on here yesterday but it was shot down - tbh dembele, in the few times I have seen him hasnt impressed me as his first touch and ball retention were shocking :oops: I do think that having a speedy winger would be great (especially if it meant bangabang playing centrally all the time), but I wouldnt want them to sign a fast lad who is useless with the ball at his feet
IF ramsey goes I suspect another central midfielder will come in and I hope that it isnt andre gomes from barca. That savic guy from lazio seems to be coveted by all the big european clubs (although I havent seen him play). I think that if ramsey goes it will put extra pressure on the home grown quota, but 2 guys I rate from fulham (cairney and sessignon) would address that if we could get them

1964 Gunner

Post by 1964 Gunner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:54 pm
1964 Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:17 pm
augie wrote:

I suggested that possibility on here yesterday but it was shot down - tbh dembele, in the few times I have seen him hasnt impressed me as his first touch and ball retention were shocking :oops: I do think that having a speedy winger would be great (especially if it meant bangabang playing centrally all the time), but I wouldnt want them to sign a fast lad who is useless with the ball at his feet
IF ramsey goes I suspect another central midfielder will come in and I hope that it isnt andre gomes from barca. That savic guy from lazio seems to be coveted by all the big european clubs (although I havent seen him play). I think that if ramsey goes it will put extra pressure on the home grown quota, but 2 guys I rate from fulham (cairney and sessignon) would address that if we could get them
I have seen him a lot playing 4 dortmund and rate him highly , him miki and boomerang will be fcuking awesome no brainer.....

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The press bastards do this on purpose

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ist-gossip

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:

He isn’t stalling because he’s not sure about Emery or his role. He’s stalling because he’s hoping to have a good season and have a better offer to go to. And if he doesn’t then he will settle for us.

Either he signs or sell him now. Can’t start off on the wrong foot by making a bloke who wants to fuck off if he gets a decent chance a key player.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Give Ramsey a "take it or leave it deal" Pisses me off that these bang average players, instead of being eternally grateful to be playing for The Arsenal, think they can hedge their bets and hold us to ransom. Another of Wenger's legacies, instilling the belief in these no marks that they are so much better than they actually are. Tbh I don't even know what Ramsey's role is, besides running around in the midfield screaming for every ball and windmilling his arms.

I hope he goes.....could never warm to the bloke.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

100% with you on that buddy. The Welsh Messi-Lite has delivered very little since his half season of brilliance in 2014. Certainly not enough to be dicking us about. :roll:

Still.... a part of me will always kinda like Ramsey. Turning down the welcoming old Shalford tour of spiv Neville and manure for the Arsenal and two FA Cup winners buy you a certain amount of good will to my mind. :D :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

sell him to who? don't see many clubs sniffing around him at the moment, there were murmerings of chelsea earlier in the summer but they've signed jizinho or whatever he's called :|

augie

Post by augie »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 am
sell him to who? don't see many clubs sniffing around him at the moment, there were murmerings of chelsea earlier in the summer but they've signed jizinho or whatever he's called :|

Put him up for sale in the morning and barca and a few of the italian clubs would be in for him for sure - tbh I would be ok selling him to the chavs cos he wouldnt be a player I would fear facing

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Ramsey can fuck off if he thinks he's worth £200k a week. One of the most overrated PL midfielders in the last 10 years. I don't want Arsenal to entertain a financial commitment for 2 players at over £500k a week (possibly more). Ozil did well to get his contract, let's make our players earn their rises from now on rather than feel entitled to them. That means performing on the pitch.

As others have said, Cup finals aside he (Ramsey) has only given half a decent season to Arsenal and then got injured.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Perhaps Dick was a bit too quick off the mark when he said he wanted to build the team around Ramsey. You can see his agent adding a couple of extra noughts to their demands after that statement.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

The only name I've heard recently is Lazio, which demonstrates his level.

Midz

Post by Midz »

[/quote]

Walcot immediately springs to mind :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

Put him up for sale in the morning and barca and a few of the italian clubs would be in for him for sure - tbh I would be ok selling him to the chavs cos he wouldnt be a player I would fear facing
sell him to anyone that wants to give us money that we could use wisely. He isn't that great so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Jeff Reine-Adelaide has joined Angers on a permanent deal.

When he first appeared in pre-season friendlies he looked good, but there's been plenty of similiar pre-season starlets and I guess Emery didn't rate him, which is decisive at least.